Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

15SyMe20IH577779022.JPG

Justin McInerney
Sydney Swans youngster Justin McInerney is lightning-quick, an endurance machine and a clean user of the footy who’s best used on a wing or at half-back. The Northern Knights product was called up for his AFL debut against Melbourne at the SCG in Round 4, 2019, and although he wouldn’t feature at the top level again in his first year at the club, he was a stand-out in the NEAFL. McInerney is eyeing more opportunities at senior level in 2020.

Justin McInerney
DOB: 18 August 2000
DEBUT: 2019
DRAFT: #44, 2018 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Banyule (Vic)/Marcellin College (Vic)/Northern U18

Ok. My view is unfortunately he will have no more impact this year. If took him nearly a year to get back to full speed after his first knee injury.

There’s no doubting a fast Jmac is a good Jmac. Even if he’s back he won’t have the same impact pre injury.

Sad but true, time to lock in a winger asap.

Ok. My view is unfortunately he will have no more impact this year. If took him nearly a year to get back to full speed after his first knee injury.

There’s no doubting a fast Jmac is a good Jmac. Even if he’s back he won’t have the same impact pre injury.

No stop no

Kingy I’ve tracked Jmac since his time at Marcellin hoping he’d be the second coming of the mighty Jack Hiscox. Of course his 400m was very good but not like Jack. After his first knee injury, he couldn’t get any speed until about a year later.

It is what it is sadly.

Do you know Jack?

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

However I think where McInerney has been most valuable this year, even more so than his ball use or overlap run, is his commitment to doing the team things and one-percenters.

He can do those things whilst not being at 100%. So I think he can still have a big say in the team's performance if he gets back on the park for finals.

Kingy I’ve tracked Jmac since his time at Marcellin hoping he’d be the second coming of the mighty Jack Hiscox. Of course his 400m was very good but not like Jack. After his first knee injury, he couldn’t get any speed until about a year later.

It is what it is sadly.
So he got looked over for Northern Knights and you were tracking him lol

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

However I think where McInerney has been most valuable this year, even more so than his ball use or overlap run, is his commitment to doing the team things and one-percenters.

He can do those things whilst not being at 100%. So I think he can still have a big say in the team's performance if he gets back on the park for finals.
Plus he can go inside and do some hard stuff, centre bounces too. Our boy is growing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez that makes me nervous.

Hopefully he is training fully or I could see him not getting up for the first final if he's underdone.

Thank **** for the pre-finals bye at least.
Will take him about a year to hit top speed if his old knee injury is anything to go by.

But as has been said, he does some good contested work and can hit targets.

Looks like he will get back first final

Huge imo
I honestly have my doubts about that. Clocked him walking away from the VFL game and his knee was strapped up like he was an escapee from the Mummy.

And even if he does get back, I'm not sure we're going to get much out of him.

Could be wrong. Hope I am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Justin McInerney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back