#27 Luke Dunstan – retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Because that's not proof? It's the opinion of two talking heads. How is it 'clearly fact'?

I haven't got proof Grundy was told anything (not that I was ever asserting he was). Just like you don't either. It's all complete speculation.

I don't give a s**t about defending Goodwin. I just call it how I see it and how it see it is that it's all just wild speculation.
It's not even that. Danster is drawing the longest bow imaginable. They are talking about us changing things up over the past month with him being dropped.
Grundy was played predominantly as ruck for two thirds of the season in the exact role he signed up for. Now we want him to spend more time forward because it's not working. Absolutely no one was saying Grundy was being lied to for the first part of the season when he was playing, they were questioning whether it was working. Lloyd even says that we've changed our plans from what they were at the start to win a flag.

Now that we're trying to find something more for him to do the line has become we lied to him, as if it's at all reasonable or realistic to think we guaranteed that his spot and position in the side was assured no matter how bad it looked.

Last edited:
Coaches pick players on form and how they are around the club day by day. Even if he was offered a strong likelihood of regular involvement, he will have been given consistent feedback as to why that hasn't eventuated - which is either a reflection on his output, or above expected performance from alternatives. The last two threads' worth of replies from one poster is some of the dumbest s**t I have ever read.

Coaches pick players on form and how they are around the club day by day. Even if he was offered a strong likelihood of regular involvement, he will have been given consistent feedback as to why that hasn't eventuated - which is either a reflection on his output, or above expected performance from alternatives. The last two threads' worth of replies from one poster is some of the dumbest s**t I have ever read.

Na don't you understand- Goody promised him point blank that he'll play regular senior footy but it was just one of his huge lies.

Apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“Esava, we’re sending Lever forward and we want YOU to be our #1 intercept defender”

father lie GIF

I have no issues with not giving Dunstan a game. I have issues with bringing him into the club and pumping up his tyres saying 'we want you go play an important role for us' etc.

And it seems Goodwin did the same thing with Grundy saying he'd be playing majority ruck. Which never happened.
Who's to say Dunstan isn't currently playing an important role for us?

Who's to say Dunstan isn't currently playing an important role for us?
I think he’s playing a fantastic role: get lied to about the prospect of playing senior games only to play VFL footy. He paved the way for the acquisition of Grundy. I wonder who Goody will lie to in the next exchange period? 🤔✅👀

I think he’s playing a fantastic role: get lied to about the prospect of playing senior games only to play VFL footy. He paved the way for the acquisition of Grundy. I wonder who Goody will lie to in the next exchange period? 🤔✅👀
Zak Butters will be champing at the bit to come lead our midfield (at Casey, after being overlooked in the 1s for a re-signed JJ and rookie selection Jimmy Munro).

Zak Butters will be champing at the bit to come lead our midfield (at Casey, after being overlooked in the 1s for a re-signed JJ and rookie selection Jimmy Munro).
Zak butters would make a fine addition to our collection of undersized half-back flankers.

Can't believe Goodwin lied to him to bring him across. Should've definitely played him and fielded another extra inside mid.

In all seriousness, silly choice by him and his manager to come here but I wish him all the best.

Can't believe Goodwin lied to him to bring him across. Should've definitely played him and fielded another extra inside mid.

In all seriousness, silly choice by him and his manager to come here but I wish him all the best.

Hey he was probably one more Injury away from playing FF in a semi final

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you're joking, but surely his VFL form would be enough for the match committee to consider playing him ahead of Jordon some weeks.

I know you're joking, but surely his VFL form would be enough for the match committee to consider playing him ahead of Jordon some weeks.

For all JJ's faults, at least he had some inside/outside flexibility.

Dunstan was pure inside mid. A worse version of Viney and Oliver only.

Quotes from two media presenters/commenters? What are their sources? Why are they in any way believable?

Their business is to drum up interest and drama.
So now Jay Clark and Jon Ralph have come out and said that players aren't coming to Melbourne because they get promised the world at Melbourne but end up playing at Casey.

I'm glad I called it out when I started seeing a trend in what Goodwin started promising to players. First Dunstan, then Grundy.

For some reason people are so defensive when it comes to any criticism of their own club or Simon Goodwin. But the reality is now that I was spot on and now other players around the league have seen it too. Which suggests that player managers are all across it too.

You can run the old cliche 'oh it's just the media making click bait stories' but that doesn't make much sense anymore.

For some reason people are so defensive when it comes to any criticism of their own club or Simon Goodwin.

From the same guy who has been saying "we only just lost to two teams in the finals, we will be fine" the past two weeks.

Oh boo-hoo. Poor Luke Dunstan, maybe if he learned how to, you know, kick the footy he might have played some AFL footy.

He makes Clarry look like Travis Johnstone with ball in hand.

So now Jay Clark and Jon Ralph have come out and said that players aren't coming to Melbourne because they get promised the world at Melbourne but end up playing at Casey.
I mean, the ones that have come to Melbourne in recent years that are any good play every week (see Hunter, May, Lever, Langdon).

On the others:
  • Ben Brown: broken and wouldn't get a game for West Coast
  • Luke Dunstan: Inside mid who made the tremendous decision to join a team coming off the flag with the most entrenched inside mid rotation in the league.
  • Brodie Grundy: Max Gawn.
  • Josh Schache: He's Josh Schache.

Oh boo-hoo. Poor Luke Dunstan, maybe if he learned how to, you know, kick the footy he might have played some AFL footy.

He makes Clarry look like Travis Johnstone with ball in hand.
The proof is in the pudding though now that other rucks around the league don't want to come here out of fear of being 'promised the world, but play for Casey'. An enjoyable bump. Goodwin made the bed by overpromising and is now suffering the consequences. No wonder players aren't wanting to come here.

I mean, the ones that have come to Melbourne in recent years that are any good play every week (see Hunter, May, Lever, Langdon).

On the others:
  • Ben Brown: broken and wouldn't get a game for West Coast
  • Luke Dunstan: Inside mid who made the tremendous decision to join a team coming off the flag with the most entrenched inside mid rotation in the league.
  • Brodie Grundy: Max Gawn.
  • Josh Schache: He's Josh Schache.
It's true. we've brought in some guns over the years. But I think we shouldn't be promising anything to any player. Just 'we want you on the list, if all works out we envision you here in this position etc. but footy is a business, you in?'

The proof is in the pudding though now that other rucks around the league don't want to come here out of fear of being 'promised the world, but play for Casey'. An enjoyable bump. Goodwin made the bed by overpromising and is now suffering the consequences. No wonder players aren't wanting to come here.
If it stops Crazy Goody from being able to bring in yet another #1 ruck, then I'm all for it tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back