AFL Player #27: Mason Redman 🐕

Remove this Banner Ad

Stronger, faster and more dangerous than the players he lines up against.

It nice to have a player like that in our side.

Like the fact he is backing himself to provide a bit or run. Kelly doing what he does and McGrath going back has helped free up the Red Dog a bit. It is good we have three defenders that can attack from the back half.

In a statement released by the AFL on Monday evening, the League deemed that Ginnivan had been responsible for the initial high contact but Redman followed through with the tackle "in an unreasonable manner, holding Ginnivan around the neck. In this instance a free kick should have been awarded to Ginnivan."

The AFL said the umpires had done "a terrific job" with the high-tackle interpretations across all games in round 19, following the mid-week clarification.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a statement released by the AFL on Monday evening, the League deemed that Ginnivan had been responsible for the initial high contact but Redman followed through with the tackle "in an unreasonable manner, holding Ginnivan around the neck. In this instance a free kick should have been awarded to Ginnivan."

The AFL said the umpires had done "a terrific job" with the high-tackle interpretations across all games in round 19, following the mid-week clarification.

Cannot disagree with any of that

Commentating on the Ginnivan tackle was hysterical and one sided

He clearly dropped at the knees a split second before getting taken high. Not one person raised that as a possibility despite it being quite clear on the replay. AFL have now ticked it off.
Its so obvious that his only intention was to get a free kick.

He made 0 attempt to get rid of the ball, instead raised his free arm to draw the tackle high.

He clearly dropped at the knees a split second before getting taken high. Not one person raised that as a possibility despite it being quite clear on the replay. AFL have now ticked it off.
Cameron Ling and James Brayshaw doing commentary is hysterical just generally. They were barracking like mad in the first quarter and the last 5 minutes of the last quarter, and the rest of the time they were bitching and moaning about anything that went Essendon's way.

Any time that they could make out like Essendon was being dirty (Redman coughing up blood is apparently a strategic use of the sub to bring Ham on while avoiding concussion protocols) or arrogant (Dylan Shiel's very bright footy boots that he's been wearing for years apparently deserves 5 minutes of focus on how lairy they are), or any other negative thing they could possibly invent (St Ginnivan*).

You could tell the only thing they'd read about Essendon in the last three years was Sam Draper's goal last week.

*Before some whining pie fan comes in here, a) "quack" and b) I agree with the AFL.

Cameron Ling and James Brayshaw doing commentary is hysterical just generally. They were barracking like mad in the first quarter and the last 5 minutes of the last quarter, and the rest of the time they were bitching and moaning about anything that went Essendon's way.

Any time that they could make out like Essendon was being dirty (Redman coughing up blood is apparently a strategic use of the sub to bring Ham on while avoiding concussion protocols) or arrogant (Dylan Shiel's very bright footy boots that he's been wearing for years apparently deserves 5 minutes of focus on how lairy they are), or any other negative thing they could possibly invent (St Ginnivan*).

You could tell the only thing they'd read about Essendon in the last three years was Sam Draper's goal last week.

*Before some whining pie fan comes in here, a) "quack" and b) I agree with the AFL.
The ling comments on redman were a disgrace, If I was the club I’d be asking for an apology.

The comment from Ling was particularly stupid. It was a dead rubber, and for some strange reason we would sub one of our best players in for one of our least capable. I notice none of the 'articles' on the Fox Footy page quoted his dumb-arsery on Redders' departure either.

I liked it for the message Redman was trying to send, even if it was a bit over-zealous; he was intent on making Ginnivan either continue to test the rule at its limits or try to dispose of the ball. Keep him honest. Interestingly, Ginnivan's impact after that was minimal.

I liked it for the message Redman was trying to send, even if it was a bit over-zealous; he was intent on making Ginnivan either continue to test the rule at its limits or try to dispose of the ball. Keep him honest. Interestingly, Ginnivan's impact after that was minimal.

he tried one other milk, 18:00 of the second, funnily enough it was at a stop play after redman had already got a free for being brushed by sidey.

Kelly was behind him, ginni drove the shoulder in and crumpled. Squib

Well put. Yep Redman immediately saw the opportunity to seize the moment and I reckon that's why he rolled it into that nice tight headlock.

Media has been annoying but I choose to focus on the glory of that moment in the game where that dropping, sagging kid got finally what's coming to him.

Well put. Yep Redman immediately saw the opportunity to seize the moment and I reckon that's why he rolled it into that nice tight headlock.

Media has been annoying but I choose to focus on the glory of that moment in the game where that dropping, sagging kid got finally what's coming to him.
its also annoying because they focus on "the potential to injure ginivian" but no mention at all about how Redman got his actual injury. It was a dog act by Mihocek, redman was vulnerable in the air, took a courageous mark, mihocek had no chance of effecting the spoil so grabbed redmans shoulders and dragged him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #27: Mason Redman 🐕

Remove this Banner Ad

Back