AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

I was talking with Redmans Cousin tonight and he said that Mason was saying he just wants to go back to Millicent and Coach them to a flag. I think heā€™s over the AFL.
This was on Blitz so usual caveat applies, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's far off the mark. Has looked completely disillusioned this year. Maybe he's not a huge fan of Brad and not enjoying football atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red's has has an unbelievably average season.
An injury or two, some absolute shithouse games, only a few "Red-dog" games.

he really needs to find himself again next season.

Red's has has an unbelievably average season.
An injury or two, some absolute shithouse games, only a few "Red-dog" games.

he really needs to find himself again next season.
One of a few guys who looked ready to 'pop' and go from good to elite.. sadly he, Langford, Wright have been criminally underwhelming this year and a big reason why we haven't taken a step forward.

He makes some dumb decisions with and without the ball.

To be fair, the whole backline is constantly under a tidal wave of pressure from our lack of polish going into the forward 50. All players are making panicked mistakes.

Looks much better when playing up the ground creating.

We just lack some decent defenders.
That is the issue. For him to play half back we need Kelly playing back pocket and Kelly is cooked. we have no other back pockets unless we try and convert someone.

Think Ben Jacobs needs to cop some heat. All defenders have gone backwards this year and we have had some weird ass selections.
Part of the issue is the starting lineup during pre season had Ridley and Reid in it. Baldwin was the back up who has solid form. All have been injured. Throw in the fact that we have no depth in the small defenders and have had to use Martin at half back to try and attack and you can see why.
I do not know if Jacobs is a good backline coach but I do know they are not playing with the personal they really want.

Part of the issue is the starting lineup during pre season had Ridley and Reid in it. Baldwin was the back up who has solid form. All have been injured. Throw in the fact that we have no depth in the small defenders and have had to use Martin at half back to try and attack and you can see why.
I do not know if Jacobs is a good backline coach but I do know they are not playing with the personal they really want.
All of our defenders have their backs to the ball. Countless times Sydney goaled because the defenders are watching their man while the ball goes in.

Its just basic defending to not have your back to the ball and they don't do it. Tells me either they're all wildly incompetent or they have an awful line coach

All of our defenders have their backs to the ball. Countless times Sydney goaled because the defenders are watching their man while the ball goes in.

Its just basic defending to not have your back to the ball and they don't do it. Tells me either they're all wildly incompetent or they have an awful line coach
Watch every game of AFL this week and you will see just as many examples of bad defending exactly the same.
Countless times Sydney scored because we do not defend transition well or we simply turn the footy over in the midfield.
It creates panic.
Then we have some very average defenders. We do not have a Weitering or Taylor. To save the day.
Last year it was interesting to hear Weitering talking on SEN about how much easier it is to defend when the team defends.
The combination of average defenders , poor team defence and turnovers is the killer no coach can fix.
Did the Swans score heavily before half time when we set up the team defence better ? before we dropped our head after giving up 4 goals in a row from basic errors ?
Silk purses are not made from sows ears even if you have the best purse maker in the world.

What's with the lazy one step kicks? Is he sending the boss a message that he ain't happy?
He was given a bit of a public clip for being undisciplined early in the season when he was suspended. Had his role reduced/altered. Probably isnt happy, but its not a great response. Maybe Brad suspected he had got a bit ahead of himself and was correct

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

Back