Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Go
Paul Scheer Sundance 2016 GIF by GIPHY CAM

Colina and Coultard will be let go before him and I only think one of Dow or Cumberland will get a new deal, so will be interesting to see which way the club goes

Colina and Coultard will be let go before him and I only think one of Dow or Cumberland will get a new deal, so will be interesting to see which way the club goes
whats the point of dow if we get in 3 more mids thatll be instantly better than him? cumbo might just scrape in for another year but if we nab Lalor and say Berry his days will be numbered.

whats the point of dow if we get in 3 more mids thatll be instantly better than him? cumbo might just scrape in for another year but if we nab Lalor and say Berry his days will be numbered.
Not really worth keeping Dow, Cumbo Coulthard. Gourmet Spud Kmac is guarantee to be kept.
We had 36 players on main list.
Trade 4; retired 4; Delist 3~ 2 off main list. 10 players off main list.

Need to add players through draft, upgrading rookies to main list. FAgent? Rookie drafts to replace any upgraded rookies.

2023 Cumbo lost his spot to small fwds & mids playing fwd. 2025 Prestia Taranto & Hopper will spend time fwd again.

Last edited:
Not really worth keeping Dow, Cumbo Coulthard. Gourmet Spud Kmac is guarantee to be kept.
We had 36 players on main list.
Trade 4; retired 4; Delist 3~ 2 off main list. 10 players off main list.

Need to add players through draft, upgrading rookies to main list. FAgent? Rookie drafts to replace any upgraded rookies.

2023 Cumbo lost his spot to small fwds & mids playing fwd. 2025 Prestia Taranto & Hopper will spend time fwd again.
Upgrading rookies?
ie Blight and Gray ?

Upgrading rookies?
ie Blight and Gray ?
Tresize, le fau, Bauer, Campbell, Young first.
In the order they were drafted. Bauer drafted mid season 2021.
These 5 are adequate/good list depth.

In my opinion 3 get delisted.
After trades & delistings we only have 26 main list players. 10 short on the main list. So draft 6~8, so rookie elevate a couple. FAgency & PSD seem RFC faves.

If we want to use rookie drafts we have 7 rookies already, assuming Coulthard leaves. Its supposed to be 6 max.

Tresize, le fau, Bauer, Campbell, Young first.
In the order they were drafted. Bauer drafted mid season 2021.
These 5 are adequate/good list depth.

In my opinion 3 get delisted.
After trades & delistings we only have 26 main list players. 10 short on the main list. So draft 6~8, so rookie elevate a couple. FAgency & PSD seem RFC faves.

If we want to use rookie drafts we have 7 rookies already, assuming Coulthard leaves. Its supposed to be 6 max.
Cheers mate. do you think I could figure that out 1115 last night 🤯
it’s not exactly clear on our website who’s on the main/rookie list until you go into the player bio. Id completely forgotten Campbell was a rookie. Well I’m going with that excuse 🤪

it’s not exactly clear on our website who’s on the main/rookie list until you go into the player bio. Id completely forgotten Campbell was a rookie. Well I’m going with that excuse 🤪

Helpful tool. Rookies visible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came across this good site

Dow should stay on as insurance. What if Taranto/Prestia/Hopper go down, like last year. Are people seriously suggesting that FOS/Smith/Lalor or whoever takes their place and leads the midfield like Dow did at times last year. MacAuliffe was a dominant junior but came a cropper when he was confronted with the reality of being 18 years old against seasoned mids.

If Dow was an outside player then let him go, but he is not he is inside which we will need if our other inside mids go down. It is just insurance and will play VFL, and will not take the place of any of our new mids, who will not be asked to play that role, or MacAuliffe who is a better player potentially. It's mass exodus, we don't have to purge ourselves, that is already being done to us.

Dow should stay on as insurance. What if Taranto/Prestia/Hopper go down, like last year. Are people seriously suggesting that FOS/Smith/Lalor or whoever takes their place and leads the midfield like Dow did at times last year. MacAuliffe was a dominant junior but came a cropper when he was confronted with the reality of being 18 years old against seasoned mids.

If Dow was an outside player then let him go, but he is not he is inside which we will need if our other inside mids go down. It is just insurance and will play VFL, and will not take the place of any of our new mids, who will not be asked to play that role, or MacAuliffe who is a better player potentially. It's mass exodus, we don't have to purge ourselves, that is already being done to us.

Someone with a brain cell. Dow should be a better player next year. We have an injury prone midfield. Hopefully we end up with picks 1,2 and 3 and we get the next Reid, Horne Francis and Daicos :D

Baker, Graham, Bolton all spent time in the middle too. Taranto/Prestia/Hopper weren't all injured together.

Sonsie, Kmac2 straight up. Plus draftees

Last edited:
Hope its Cumberland. Like to see the right assistant at the club get him back to what he can be.

Sometimes this is all it takes - before this year was really positive - he didn't really take his opportunities this year to be fair - but he's lucky we aren't overly blessed with Forward options at min so i'd stick with him and hope a forward coach pushes the right buttons and we are repaid in time ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back