28,000 members as soon as Gold coast is rejected

Remove this Banner Ad

thenorthernpole

Debutant
Jun 12, 2007
Australia
As soon as the clouds of uncertainty are hammered on the head regarding the gold coast,I belive the Roos membership will hit 28 K.

End the s[eculation now so the members can start their purchasing

Disagree.

Mmebership was edging 25 k,before this gold coast cloud started hovering.

As soon as cloud passes 28 k,is a realistic target

YEP! Broke our record membership in 2006. Board and supporters must hold firm. Stay united!!! Change our name back to NORTH MELBOURNE. This is absolutely imperative to us thriving. Once the board pulls their balls out of their pocket and sticks up for the club, the supporters and themselves with a resounding and united NO! 28,000 members is totally realistic, and raises the bar for future years. Why Stop at 28,000. Aggressive marketing with our rightful identity intact will do wonders for our appeal OFF the field. There is no doubting our appeal ON it!

I'm still a firm believer that on-field performances do more to sway the 'average' supporter than anything else, and I'll stand by that. Yes, if we came out and said we are relocating, then you could expect the membership to turn to shit, but I think 2008 is going to have a decent membership figure based on our 2007 performance.

I'm still a firm believer that on-field performances do more to sway the 'average' supporter than anything else, and I'll stand by that. Yes, if we came out and said we are relocating, then you could expect the membership to turn to shit, but I think 2008 is going to have a decent membership figure based on our 2007 performance.

If members are serious, they would buy a membership whether we were winning or losing. A true member sticks witht he club regardless of onfiled performance. So all those who say they BARRACK for the roos, go and buy a membership today. Be real supporters.

Bugger the decision making. Let's show the world how much passion and support we have and buy our memberships now.

But I agree, if we come out and knock this GC issue dead, 28-30k is realistic.

I second that motion. We need an authoritative NO, not a, Give us 12 months and see how we go.

Unfortunately mbp it will be a "give us 12 months" scenario - I have no doubt. It is what is said around that that will affect the membership. This is a significant challenge for the club and their PR folk. They have to spin this strongly and I am not sure they have the capacity to do that. Half hearted responses from the club will not marshal the troops in the way that is needed.
Lets see what they say and do as it will be a strong indicator of what is really going to happen in a year or two.

In Arch we trust - he is the key. A bigger key than I ever imagined.

Unfortunately mbp it will be a "give us 12 months" scenario - I have no doubt. It is what is said around that that will affect the membership. This is a significant challenge for the club and their PR folk. They have to spin this strongly and I am not sure they have the capacity to do that. Half hearted responses from the club will not marshal the troops in the way that is needed.
Lets see what they say and do as it will be a strong indicator of what is really going to happen in a year or two.

In Arch we trust - he is the key. A bigger key than I ever imagined.

I guess in a 12-month scenario, if it is sold to the fans as, Join now or lose your club, there will probably be a spike in memberships that might get us out of the short term problems.

My worry would be whether sponsors and money contributors like coteries and the like wouldn't be keen to pledge as much money.

Then again, sounds like De Rauch has been doing some good work with the reported nearly $3M.

I guess in a 12-month scenario, if it is sold to the fans as, Join now or lose your club, there will probably be a spike in memberships that might get us out of the short term problems.

That is how it will be sold - but it has to be strong, no ifs, no buts - it has to be get behind us now - put up or shut up.
Ironically if this goes the way I am suggesting the future of the club is in the hands of the members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is how it will be sold - but it has to be strong, no ifs, no buts - it has to be get behind us now - put up or shut up.
Ironically if this goes the way I am suggesting the future of the club is in the hands of the members.

I think at the start of 2007, there were so many unknowns about our future. And so many unknowns about how well we could do on the field which can't be forgotten after finishing 14th in 2006.

Third in 2007 and a clear message that people should join now, or forever hold their peace, should get us maximal memberships.

YEP! Broke our record membership in 2006. Board and supporters must hold firm. Stay united!!! Change our name back to NORTH MELBOURNE. This is absolutely imperative to us thriving. Once the board pulls their balls out of their pocket and sticks up for the club, the supporters and themselves with a resounding and united NO! 28,000 members is totally realistic, and raises the bar for future years. Why Stop at 28,000. Aggressive marketing with our rightful identity intact will do wonders for our appeal OFF the field. There is no doubting our appeal ON it!

AGREE. :thumbsu: Marketing is the key for an increase in both member numbers and sponsorship $$$$$. We have a highly marketable game but we dont seem to be managing it well at both Club and AFL level.

IF you can trust the AFL to be true to its word for more than 5 minutes, they are currently saying that the Bulldogs etc will continue to receive additional funding (compensation) because these clubs are heading in the right direction with various financial indicators.

These clubs are not wildly successful or incredibly popular with massive numbers of members. According to the AFL, however, they are heading in the right direction and are therefore entitled to additional funding.

According to the AFL, North on the other hand, is not heading in the right direction (e.g. revenue, profitability, debt, membership) and therefore should now head in the WRONG direction (Gold Coast).

We can thank a disunited board, which on the previous chairman's own admission had no plan, for our off-field failures, including financially and membership. These failures have brought the wrath of the AFL down on our heads. [As an aside, I suspect we had a plan but it was to move the club to the GC by running it down in Melbourne.]

Give us a favourable decision by the shareholders, a united board, a top CEO, motivated supporters, a vision for the future and a business plan and we can do what other clubs have done, LIFT OUR GAME and head in the right direction off the field.

Then, if the AFL can be believed, we'll continue to receive additional funding for as long as we need it and for as long as we remain on track.

We deserve a go under a united board. Even a bully like Demetriou should be able to see that we deserve A FAIR GO.

" Meanwhile, tell 'em to stick the Gold Coast where the sun don't shine."

Mr R, do you think Rick is a top CEO?

Hasn't been there for a full 12 months yet so a bit unproven, but I think we need to headhunt a top CEO in the Brian Cook, Campbell Rose mould.

Hasn't been there for a full 12 months yet so a bit unproven, but I think we need to headhunt a top CEO in the Brian Cook, Campbell Rose mould.

I reckon he is crap. No offence to him but he needs to pull his weight and do something pronto. We certainly need to get someone like Cook.

I reckon he is crap. No offence to him but he needs to pull his weight and do something pronto. We certainly need to get someone like Cook.

It hasn't been an easy time for him with the current climate though. has been a puppet for the board somewhat. Cause the board had the GC on the agenda, he hasn't been able to make firm comments in the media about our future.

No, he doesn't inspire me.

It hasn't been an easy time for him with the current climate though. has been a puppet for the board somewhat. Cause the board had the GC on the agenda, he hasn't been able to make firm comments in the media about our future.

I know that but use cook for an example. 9 million in debt and now they are premiers and hitting the jackpot. They were probally worse in their time than us and they managed to get them selves out of it.

The board needs to work hard. I have't seen them work hard because they've run out of Victoria and tried to make football revenue off other markets and changing our names.

If he can stop all this GC crap, change our name back to NM and then get us 30-40k members and rid us of our debt i would put him up with the best. At the moment he is struggling.

I know that but use cook for an example. 9 million in debt and now they are premiers and hitting the jackpot. They were probally worse in their time than us and they managed to get them selves out of it.

The board needs to work hard. I have't seen them work hard because they've run out of Victoria and tried to make football revenue off other markets and changing our names.

If he can stop all this GC crap, change our name back to NM and then get us 30-40k members and rid us of our debt i would put him up with the best. At the moment he is struggling.

Don't get me wrong in that I think Rick is a good CEO, but Geelong were never at risk of relocating and Cooky had a united board behind him led by Frank Costa.

As I said, I think Rick has been somewhat of a puppet for the board in this last year.

It may be harsh, but i think Rick is way out of his depth. I know there are plenty of other influences to our current position, but he seems to be an invisible man.

Question. If we do stay in Melb as you would expect and hope, with a united board with a common purpose, where does Rick stand in all of this?

Question. If we do stay in Melb as you would expect and hope, with a united board with a common purpose, where does Rick stand in all of this?

I'm sure Rick's a good man, and has done his previous jobs very well, but in the current environment, I see him as expendable. That's a hard thing to say too, cause he is a NMFC man. I've seen him singing the song in the background of the huddle after a win.

Harsh on the man, but we need the very best talent money can buy for our CEO.

Remove this Banner Ad

28,000 members as soon as Gold coast is rejected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back