Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately for Harps, Kayne is showing more on and off the ball as a second year string bean.

Yep. It's not always a simple comparison. Turner:

- Impacts without possession
- Brings other players in with his play (handballs to advantage very well)

More importantly while his numbers are lower feels to me that he doesn't drift in and out of games as much as some players. Might only get 15-20 possessions but they he seems to get them over the course of his time which is a big positive.

I reckon next year people will take notice and in 2 years he'll be a weapon on field.

Yep. It's not always a simple comparison. Turner:

- Impacts without possession
- Brings other players in with his play (handballs to advantage very well)

More importantly while his numbers are lower feels to me that he doesn't drift in and out of games as much as some players. Might only get 15-20 possessions but they he seems to get them over the course of his time which is a big positive.

I reckon next year people will take notice and in 2 years he'll be a weapon on field.
Yeah, he's smart, isn't he?

He could end up being a solid midfielder in time if the club push his development that way. He does seem to have a really well rounded game without being a standout in any one area, other than intensity at the contest. But his brain looks to be a real asset, which is half the battle.

Yeah, he's smart, isn't he?

He could end up being a solid midfielder in time if the club push his development that way. He does seem to have a really well rounded game without being a standout in any one area, other than intensity at the contest. But his brain looks to be a real asset, which is half the battle.
Was watching the SF again last night and was thinking about Kayne. I don't really see the point of putting him in the midfield since he's not tall, a necessarily good kick or that quick. Like to see him used in rotations like Adams was though, reckon he might get to the point where his ferocity plus a bit of extra size could be useful late in games where we can't get a clearance.

He's now finished year 12 but he still pronounces 'especially' as 'expecially.' Come on, Kayne.

Pointing out a player's speech nuances? How darrrrrrrrre you? That's not allowed on Bigfooty. :rolls eyes
As classy as Open Slather, you are. With a grudge like Paul Marsh to boot.

Christ I hope you don't do any teaching in your life. You'd be un bloody bearable.

Last edited:
Pointing out a player's speech nuances? How darrrrrrrrre you? That's not allowed on Bigfooty. :rolls eyes
It's just one of my pet hates, right up there with when people spell 'lose' with an extra 'o.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just one of my pet hates, right up there with when people spell 'lose' with an extra 'o.'
Being tongue-tied or having peculiar speech tics should be a bit more excusable.

One thing I despise about Americans is how they can't seem to decipher any accent - any - except their 'own' without making some comment afterwards.

As classy as Open Slather, you are. With a grudge like Paul Marsh to boot.

Christ I hope you don't do any teaching in your life. You'd be un bloody bearable.
Christ, you need to chillax man. Interesting how you though it was aimed towards you.

Thanks for the pot shot though, always comforts me to know that people like you have the nerve to post such shit on an Internet forum, it makes me feel so much better. Play the ball, not the man, next time.

Last edited:
I really didn't mean anything by the comment, I've got a couple of mates that do the same thing and they don't have speech impairments but obviously that doesn't necessarily mean that Kayne is the same. I'd just delete it if it hadn't been quoted, but yeah, I wasn't trying to make fun of any sort of impairment he might have.

I really didn't mean anything by the comment, I've got a couple of mates that do the same thing and they don't have speech impairments but obviously that doesn't necessarily mean that Kayne is the same. I'd just delete it if it hadn't been quoted, but yeah, I wasn't trying to make fun of any sort of impairment he might have.
I was the same mate, some people take everything far too seriously and literally though.

Leave the kid alone!
upload_2016-1-28_21-44-33.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Back