Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Is Nahas able to be played next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am yet to meet a Richmond fan that thinks he is any good, they all laughed and said "if he gets a game for you, then you are no good!!!" Initially I thought he was back up for Lindsay's annual brain fade suspension.... Has proved his worth though, and will be bloody hard to get him out of the team. Harper and Garner would have to light up the VFL for a sustained period to wrestle that spot off him now.

Would have been great had he pointed to the Richmond coaching box after kicking a goal himself! :)
I "liked" this post and/but the focus on loving NM trumps such an action.

What do they say... the best form of revenge after being dumped is being happy with your new partner?!

I think you might be right, especially with Jake King out injured. I was a bit surprised they got rid of him, because he has been a reasonable contributor over the years and even if they didn't see him as a best 22, he should have been close and a very good depth player to have on their list.
Any excuse to get rid of players they drafted to bring in recycled spuds.

There was a passage where he contested and spoiled Maric.

This is what I want to see from the whole 22 every week.

176cm 70kgs vs 200cm 102kgs

It is unreasonable to expect him to out mark Maric, it is reasonable to expect him to go if its his turn. He did, the ball spoiled.

We have 22 players take that sort of attitude for 4 quarters a week, we beat everybody.

Skip to 9:03 and you'll see he does the same thing against big Harry Taylor. I'm steadily growing to really like Nahas but I never saw this courage when he was at the Tigers.

Nahas is interesting. In his last 51 games (ie from round 6 2011) he's gone goalless 11 times, scored 2 or more 18 times and scored 3 or more 10 times. He seemed to have lost his way a bit at Richmond.

To give you a correlation, Lindsay Thomas in the last 51( ie from round 23 2011) went goalless 8 times, scored 2 or more 33 times and scored 3 or more 22 times. Thomas has the edge clearly because scores bags of goals more often than Nahas.

Nahas now has to start scoring 2 or more goals in a game more often.

Honestly thought he wouldn't get a game for us and would be chucked off the list at the end of the year. Figured his only real chance of getting a game was an injury/suspenion to LT. But he has been immense this year. He's playing better footy than he has in years and has cemented a best 22 spot. Proof that Tigers can change their stripes (and yes I know that's not the correct expression).

Wow that is unlucky.

First time I have been upset with a delisting, most of them haven't played a decent game in the previous 12 months. Nahas was batting above .500 for good at bats per start.

#28 Robbie Nahas

NAHAS%20Robin.png

Games: 8
Goals: 7

Summary:
He was a surprise acquisition when picked up as a delisted free agent last season after 83 games with Richmond, but with a lack of small forwards on the list to help out Lindsay Thomas, it proved a smart decision. With rain pouring down at the SCG in Round 4, Nahas was given a late call-up at the expense of ruckman Daniel Currie. He performed well, collecting 17 possessions, taking four marks, laying four tackles and booting a goal before being given the red vest. However, he was dropped for the following game against Collingwood. After a disappointing team effort, Nahas was reintroduced into the team against Fremantle, and he appeared to be a good luck charm as the Roos upset the Dockers in the west with Nahas booting a goal.

However, yet again he was omitted, and yet again North suffered a big loss. Back in Round 9 against the Lions, Nahas picked up 22 disposals, took seven marks and, most impressively, laid eight tackles, and finally kept his spot for consecutive games. Against Geelong, Nahas was quiet but bobbed up to hit the scoreboard late in the match. Unfortunately he ended with a wasteful 2.3. He didn't kick a goal in Round 11 against West Coast, but given North's good from across that match, he retained his spot to take on his old team in the Tigers.

Facing a six goal deficit in the third quarter, North Melbourne rallied hard, piling on the goals to get back into the game. Fittingly, it was Nahas who scored to put the Roos in front, before kicking another in the final quarter as the Tigers embarrassingly lost. Nahas finished with 18 disposals, six marks, four tackles and his two goals, making it his best game in North colours.

He was quiet the following week against Adelaide, before starting like a house on fire against Melbourne in Round 14, kicking the first goal of the game and missing three others including a botched pass to Ben Brown in the goalsquare from 20 metres out directly in front. Unfortunately, a hard tackle in the second quarter saw him dislocate his shoulder. He was substituted out of the game and subsequently missed the remainder of the season.

With North Melbourne needing to make tough decisions on its list, Nahas was sadly cut despite the impact he had in the games he played. With the likes of Kayne Turner, Taylor Garner and Kieran Harper all vying for the same position, it puts Nahas on the outer as the club goes for a youth-first approach. However, given he was able to break the hearts of all Richmond fans in Round 12 while clearly relishing the moment, Robbie Nahas leaves the club as a proud North Melbourne hero.

Timing is everything in football and Robbie Nahas will be looking to make his comeback at the opportune moment. With just one week until North plays in an Elimination Final, the 26-year-old returns to football – 10 weeks after shoulder surgery.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-08-27/nahas-just-in-time

Nahas was substituted out of the game in the second quarter after he was ridden into the turf in a Neville Jetta tackle.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-06-22/mixed-news-for-roos

Most small forwards love getting under their opponents' skin, but it's even better when those rivals are your ex-teammates.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-06-09/nahas-has-last-laugh-nmfc

robin-nahas-620x370x.jpg

166413-6f2873f0-961a-11e3-831f-628faee552fc.jpg

1402239453038.jpg-620x349.jpg

391197-0715a490-ddb4-11e3-ada0-03258d7c0c20.jpg

702741-6b88ea7a-ef04-11e3-8fa9-ee7892aa2cba.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope not. My take on Nahas is he was lively and got on the end of the ball a bit but his disposal was terrible. On top of that he missed easy goals and for a forward I can't COP that. For me he showed what our side was missing and I think we can do better. No doubt this wont be popular going on the posts on here but lets look to the future and look to get better. After 5+ years in the system Nahas has shown his best I hope we move on.

Nahas isn't in there to score goals only. He's in there for his pressure which will create goals for others. Couldn't care less if he goes goalless for the rest for the season if he's causing 4 goals a game through his efforts.
Bingo.

His forward pressure was immense before he got injured - he was playing like a man desperate for his football life and I hope he gets rewarded with a life line.

Rotate Nahas, sugar and Lindsay through the pockets and no opposition small defender will get out from our forward line alive!

this guy deserves another go on our rookie list, up until his shoulder injury he had strung some lively games together down in our forward half.
Loved sticking it up the richmond supporters when he kicked that goal in the third to get us in front

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Back