Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said in a few threads that with wellsy and harro coming on in the middle that not only harvey but shagga will also spend more time around the goals, maybe its a simple as these to rotating with each other full time. After all this is where they made their names, harvey an EJ Whitten medalist and grant the Norm Smith. Just gives our forward line so much more potency as well as helping to break tags

If only Harding or S.Harvey were putting some pressure on for spots, this would be a very good problem to have. Sansbury is another who I wouldn't mind see get some more game time in front of goal but Laidley seems keen to play him in the backline.

scottywiper said:
If only...

Two words often used in conjunction with S Harvey thus far in his AFL career!
Applies pretty well to Harding as well! If only he could kick straight, if only he had the desire of an Archer, if only he could string 2 games together, etc etc etc.

Rotations baby! :)

I see him switching between the two roles a lot this year, as I like CJ and even Jnr playing in the middle and would prefer to see Harding have a run on a wing. Not sure if Harding or Zoomer are the answers for a crumbing forward, and Boomer is certainly quality.

Brent Harvey is our best small forward. Even last year when he had a shocker of a year he still managed to play well in the forward line. It suits him. When he has his quiet spells it doesn't matter so much. He doesn't have to try and get the pill as it is always comming to him. His skill level is always good so the rest takes care of itself. He could be one of the best small forwards in the league if left there all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None - will get the all clear.

I reckon Campbell might be in more trouble for the kick (or attempted kick) on Boomer, at the end of the same passage of play (of following the 'alleged' incident).

They didn't show it on the replay, but it was as clear as a Tivendale clanger from where I was watching in the stand.

Re: Ch9 are cretins

Lidge said:
None - will get the all clear.

I reckon Campbell might be in more trouble for the kick (or attempted kick) on Boomer, at the end of the same passage of play (of following the 'alleged' incident).

They didn't show it on the replay, but it was as clear as a Tivendale clanger from where I was watching in the stand.

Thanx for the follow up Lidge. I feel more assured he'll hopefully get cleared now. Tony Jones was literally LICKING HIS CHOPS on Ch9. Flippin' r-soles how they love to highlight these minor things.

Bojangles17 said:
How many weeks you guys prepared to cop for Harvey after the sniping little p_rick split Campbell open with a jab to the head at the bottom of the pack
That sniping little prick tore u guys a new one! :rolleyes:

Bojangles17 said:
How many weeks you guys prepared to cop for Harvey after the sniping little p_rick split Campbell open with a jab to the head at the bottom of the pack

I thought this thread was 'How many brownlow votes for harvey'.

3 votes.

Bojangles17 said:
youve got hopes, suppose you still believe in santa claus and the easter bunny to

Yep, and for the trifecta - you probably believe that Terry Wallet is the messiah.

Tell your story walking and shut the door behind you (ie ******** off) :D

A big game at home against a premiership fancy makes for a big week at Arden Street, and there was no hiding Brent Harvey's excitement as he spoke on Thursday ahead of Sunday's Telstra Dome clash against Adelaide.

The Roos will put themselves firmly in the running for a top-four position with a win, while Adelaide's top-two hopes would be cemented further with yet another win on the road.

"I think we'll know a bit more about ourselves after Sunday," Harvey said. "Six games to go, Adelaide at Telstra Dome will be a massive game for the footy club."

Preparation at Arden Street this week has centred heavily around Adelaide's crack midfield and flint-hard defence, both of which earned rave reviews from Harvey on Thursday. But the diminutive rover also made it clear that the Kangaroos would come prepared for whatever is offered by the Crows.

"A few tactics will come together that I obviously won't mention. But they beat us last time and our five-match winning streak came to an end. They've got a great midfield and an awesome defence, but if we can kick some goals then I think we can win the game."

Harvey said that the venue would work in his side's favour, with Telstra Dome now clearly the preferred Victorian venue for the Kangaroos.

"We play our best footy at the Telstra Dome and it will be a big challenge for Adelaide to come over and play us there."

A key to the Kangaroos has been the evenness of the side all year, particularly through the midfield.

Adam Simpson and Shannon Grant have been stellar once again, but as Harvey pointed out, youngsters Daniel Harris and Michael Firrito have also stepped up a notch.

"These second-tier type of guys still can lift another five to 10 per cent," he said.

Harvey said Glenn Archer's career-best 29 touches against Hawthorn was still a talking point around the club, and he joined the queue of those praising David Hale, who has developed in 2005 into one of the toughest and most durable ruckmen in the competition.

Hale defied a broken cheekbone to play in round 15 without missing a game and was again taken to hospital after the Hawthorn game after suffering a heavy knock. But he has trained well all week and will take his place against Adelaide.

"He's an awesome talent, but was probably hiding behind Mark Porter for a few years," Harvey explained.

"But now that 'Ports' has gone, he's had the chance to become our No.1 ruckman and he's come along in leaps and bounds. The good thing about him is that he still has some improvement."

He also noted that given the improved form of the side, competition for a place was as hot as it has been for some time at Arden Street.

"If you win it can be hard to get back in," he said. But we’ll always find a place for 'Haley'."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back