Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NimChief said:
I know some might be disappointed by this news as it means the Roos will peak early and follow in the footsteps of wooden spooners Carlton but I disagree as the Roos need to strat the season on a high to clear out the cob webs.:thumbsu:

It depends how they go about it. If it was won on the backs of the young players without a large input from the stalwarts it wouldn't be such an issue.

Congratulations to "Boomer" on his 200th game this week against the Hawks!
Just a reflection on his other milestone games-
1st Game: Richmond 16.13 (109) lost to North 21.15 (141) 1 possesion
50th Game: Freo 12.14 (86) lost to North 17.14 (116) 21 possesions, 1 goal
100th Game: North 14.11 (95) beat Port Adelaide 10.13 (73) 32 possesions, 1 brownlow vote
150th Game: North 28.19 (187) pumped Carlton 9.9 (63) 21 possesions, 3 goals, 2 brownlow votes

Let's hope that his winning milestones continue, and wouldn't we all like to see a repeat of his 150th game!!
All North supporters should get along to this game and CHEER him on. I wonder if we might see a future father & son player run thru the banner with little Cooper Harvey.

Great servent of our club. Important once again in our loss on Saturday.

Everyone should get along to OUR HOME GAME this Sunday. Give the team a 19th man which we certainly lacked against the Dees.

FrangaRoo said:
Great servent of our club. Important once again in our loss on Saturday.

Everyone should get along to OUR HOME GAME this Sunday. Give the team a 19th man which we certainly lacked against the Dees.
it'd be nice to have 10 players on the ground first.

Vertical Stripes said:
Congratulations to "Boomer" on his 200th game this week against the Hawks!
Just a reflection on his other milestone games-
1st Game: Richmond 16.13 (109) lost to North 21.15 (141) 1 possesion
50th Game: Freo 12.14 (86) lost to North 17.14 (116) 21 possesions, 1 goal
100th Game: North 14.11 (95) beat Port Adelaide 10.13 (73) 32 possesions, 1 brownlow vote
150th Game: North 28.19 (187) pumped Carlton 9.9 (63) 21 possesions, 3 goals, 2 brownlow votes

Let's hope that his winning milestones continue, and wouldn't we all like to see a repeat of his 150th game!!
All North supporters should get along to this game and CHEER him on. I wonder if we might see a future father & son player run thru the banner with little Cooper Harvey.

I agree.
Let's hope that his winning milestones continue

What i think these interesting stats really reveal is that we are a much diminished side since boomer first pulled on a boot.

Hate to think it, but the poo and wee have a good chance of spanking us

lets hope boomer plays a great 200th game this week and can get the rooboys over the line

Good onya Boomer.............

A big congrats from me and I hope the boys play as if their lives depend on it this week, if for no other reason than to pay you the respect (as a North Melbourne superstar) you deserve.

T'toes

Champion player - a little down so far this year tho so hoping for a big one.
When he gets a lot of the ball we invariably win

Heard Laidley say on the radio today ,on either 927 or SEN, that he thinks Boomer has been a bit disapointing so far this year. So I think JYD might be putting a bit of acid on him to have a big game this week.

Lets hope he does. Well done Boomer.

deano1 said:
Heard Laidley say on the radio today ,on either 927 or SEN, that he thinks Boomer has been a bit disapointing so far this year. So I think JYD might be putting a bit of acid on him to have a big game this week.

Lets hope he does. Well done Boomer.

The only acid in this situation should be in JYD's pre-game speech/ gameplan. As if Boomer or North need any more motivation. :rolleyes:

Woodson said:
The only acid in this situation should be in JYD's pre-game speech/ gameplan. As if Boomer or North need any more motivation. :rolleyes:

Hopefully he gives them his usual half time spray before the game this week.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deano1 said:
Hopefully he gives them his usual half time spray before the game this week.:cool:
It's not the 'spray' that infuriates me...... believe me. I trust you watched or know how E.A.S.I.L.Y. the Pies rumbled all over the Hawks in 15 minutes of DOWNTOWN Footy after the Hawks jumped to a 15 pt break early in the third, well, I'll let you figure out what 'DownTown Footy' is.

Woodson said:
It's not the 'spray' that infuriates me...... believe me. I trust you watched or know how E.A.S.I.L.Y. the Pies rumbled all over the Hawks in 15 minutes of DOWNTOWN Footy after the Hawks jumped to a 15 pt break early in the third, well, I'll let you figure out what 'DownTown Footy' is.

I trust Downtown footy just means a direct style of footy, or kicking long to your Key position forwards is it?

I wish we played like that for 4 1/4s every game, not just for 15minutes, or just against Hawthorn.

deano1 said:
I trust Downtown footy just means a direct style of footy, or kicking long to your Key position forwards is it?
Bravo.

Back to the topic thread, there is a Q & A in todays footy record with Boomer. Aside from the club corner section, not much to read about North this week. There is a pic of 75 Premship player John Burns (looks more like trevor marmalade) on page 68 and the Boomer Q & A with Dipper on p86. Q I ask, how come Boomer didn't win the Norm Smith in 1999???
Hope he doesn't miss the Freo game either. ;)

Was extremely disappointed with Boomer today.
Appeared to have both skis on, turning the ball over and showing little interest in getting it back.
Has class, but might need a week in the VFL to rediscover his hunger.

scottywiper said:
Appeared to have both skis on, turning the ball over and showing little interest in getting it back.

Is a very unhappy camper at the roos and is playing like it.

He was rubbish today. Dunno how you can blame the attitude of all the senior blokes when Simpson was good, as was Archer and Grant worked hardish and got some footy.

Boomer was just lazy and soft.

scottywiper said:
I see you've tempered your views a little since the game mate. ;) Thanks for organising today BTW - a good turnup, first up, and good to finally meet you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back