Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Healy had a point. The sticking point is force. There was more force in the Goodes hit and the Franklin hit. Much more force. Selwood didn't even fall over from the Harvey hit. There was significantly less force but the impact was more visible due to the cut. He is getting suspended for cutting a bloke in the same spot that he has been cut numerous times. Less force, but blood.
Exactly right.

And Ol' Mike was grasping at straws with his "but North kicked a goal while Selwood was off" argument. It's not as if they played with 17 men for five minutes.

EDIT: And just another shout out to giantroo for your continued outstanding work with the videos.

167165-508eece8-3a7b-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

In all seriouslyness, this is what we are dealing with here#sternestofsternlooks.

Absolute girls blouse if ever there was one.

**** the sook. Gifted player that doesnt have to act like an over entitled cheating sook every time he goes out to play but does.
Harsh I reckon.

Bartel dives and says he doesn't. That crap drives me nuts.

At least Selwood admits he draws high contact for frees. As long as the rule is there he will do it and when the rule changes so will he. He is smart enough to take advantage of a shit rule then so be it. Most important though is he has the kahunas to admit it.

All the cuts and bandages he wears aren't from getting those shit frees. They are cause he puts his head over the ball and goes hard. Super leader too the way he talks about the game.

How would you feel about him at North? He would be idolised if he played for us regardless if the milking frees. Guy is a gun player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harsh I reckon.

At least Selwood admits he draws high contact for frees. As long as the rule is there he will do it and when the rule changes so will he. He is smart enough to take advantage of a shit rule then so be it. Most important though is he has the kahunas to admit it.

All the cuts and bandages he wears aren't from getting those shit frees. They are cause he puts his head over the ball and goes hard. Super leader too the way he talks about the game.

How would you feel about him at North? He would be idolised if he played for us regardless if the milking frees. Guy is a gun player.

I beg to differ. Just see what LT cops.

I beg to differ. Just see what LT cops.
Do you mind when thomas milks frees like the one against *ess? I don't.

Difference to that and diving though like
Bartel and Goodes did and Thomas has done. I don't condone that.

I will admit it. I'm a one eyed cat fan and I was pissed we got beat by your mob the other night. But I cannot stand all the crap your supporters are putting on Selwood for being a cheat. He is not a cheat, he plays within the rules but had perfected a manoeuvre that if tackled high might just WIN him a free kick.

I would go as far as to say that if players continue to tackle him on the higher portin of his arms they are the ones who have a deficiency in there technique. One way to beat it is to go lower with the tackle! Only problem with that is Selwood always goes lower and harder than most on the field.

You would struggle to find a harder ball player in the comp at the minute and indeed since he started playing at the top level. Give him a break, he's no cheater! In regard to the Harvey decision, yeah I though he might have an issue when I first saw it. But after seeing the replay I was confidant he would be ok as it was only a head clash. Happens multiple times each game, nothing to see here. Selwood is a mans man and never takes a backward step. He's said he will go into bat for Harvey at the tribunal and I'm sure Harvey will play as he should.

As one of your astute posters said above, if he played for your mob you would love him just as I do. I just can't stand all the crap that get put on him. It's about time some of you showed him some respect. And to the posters who are saying they will forgive him if he stands up for Harvey tomorrow night you need to have a look in the mirror because your easily sold out.

Good luck for the weekend, love to see you get over the Swans, who in my book are the real bloody cheats being able to pay more for players than most clubs. Hardly a level playing field with sanctioned cheating from the AFL.

Kind regards!

Harsh I reckon.

Yep, good player but a shit campaigner.

So as long as the rules are there to milk its fine? Unless you are LT of course. As an avid follower of football in general, i want to see an even playing field when it comes to umpiring. Not some bloke that ducks, shoulders arms and fakes contact when it isnt there and 'draws' 240 head high frees in the space of 7 years.

Of course id have him at NM. Im not a ****in idiot. I respect the football he plays, but i cant bring myself to respect the whinging, ducking shitbag of a bloke he is.

I will admit it. I'm a one eyed cat fan and I was pissed we got beat by your mob the other night. But I cannot stand all the crap your supporters are putting on Selwood for being a cheat. He is not a cheat, he plays within the rules but had perfected a manoeuvre that if tackled high might just WIN him a free kick.

I would go as far as to say that if players continue to tackle him on the higher portin of his arms they are the ones who have a deficiency in there technique. One way to beat it is to go lower with the tackle! Only problem with that is Selwood always goes lower and harder than most on the field.

You would struggle to find a harder ball player in the comp at the minute and indeed since he started playing at the top level. Give him a break, he's no cheater! In regard to the Harvey decision, yeah I though he might have an issue when I first saw it. But after seeing the replay I was confidant he would be ok as it was only a head clash. Happens multiple times each game, nothing to see here. Selwood is a mans man and never takes a backward step. He's said he will go into bat for Harvey at the tribunal and I'm sure Harvey will play as he should.

As one of your astute posters said above, if he played for your mob you would love him just as I do. I just can't stand all the crap that get put on him. It's about time some of you showed him some respect. And to the posters who are saying they will forgive him if he stands up for Harvey tomorrow night you need to have a look in the mirror because your easily sold out.

Good luck for the weekend, love to see you get over the Swans, who in my book are the real bloody cheats being able to pay more for players than most clubs. Hardly a level playing field with sanctioned cheating from the AFL.

Kind regards!

LOL Piss off back to mad Monday and get ready for a long 10 years. I suspect when your old boys retire youll be bitching and moaning as much as Duckwood

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some things about Selwood that sh*t people such as the perception that he dives but he said enough to give us a sniff at the tribunal. Still a tough mountain to climb for the little man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kind regards!
Is selwood limp biscuit?..

We have been in the AFL crosshairs ever since we told them where to stick their Gold Coast bribe. The Boomer suspension doesn't surprise one little bit as the MRP is like some dirty little black ops unit for town hall. He bloody well better get off, and we have had some success with appeals, partly because of the corrupt, ludicrous nature of the MRP rulings against us. I have no doubt that this will add just a little more fire in the bellies of the lads. They will know full well that the AFL are backing in their darling Swans after no doubt cheering on the Cats last week. It's true backs to the wall stuff. Getting into the Grand Final, and dare we dream, winning the whole bloody thing would be the ultimate middle finger to those crooks at AFL House.

Last edited:
There have been a few posts on this. The problem is that the MRP will not consider highly relevant precedents like the Goodes one, which is completely untenable. Throw in the fact that some of the rules are ill-considered knee-jerk reactions to accidents on the field, plus no-one is sure how they should be exactly applied, and we have the perfect recipe for what we are getting.

Suits the AFL perfectly, though, as they can always get the result they want and the MRP will deliver.

Is it any wonder these useless gooses are getting the ass next year? Could not be a more shambolic organisation worldwide
Has any other professional organisation made as many knee jerk rule changes as the AFL?
As Zondor said how does a billion dollar industry get it wrong on so many levels.
Be it the interchange, the slide tackle, clash of heads- its a ****ing embarrassment. The game will always sort itself out but it seems there are too many narcissist in this game who want to prove their time in the sun is not up and warranted.

Perhaps if boomer had appologised afterwards he
would have been right. Far better look for the kids.
Boomer doesnt wear a Sydney jumper.

It was deemed 'insufficient force'.
SO was the one where Hawkins punched someone in the face.
The response I cant stand when a question like this is posed is 'because thats the rules'.
Its a ****ing shambles.
Every incident needs to be judged in isolation when the system changes next year. The AFL has created a monster with the scrutiny it applies through the MRP.

Yep. Before Selwood was so quick to drop Boomer in it, he should have remembered back to the solid that Scotty Thompson did to get his mate SJ off.

I'm just disappointed that after Thompson went down to AFL house a few Mondays ago to get Johnson off a rough conduct charge. Then not only does selwood look for the emergency umpire to make sure Harvey is sighted, but he refuses to comment after the game on the incident - couldn't even go Into bat for a guy lining up in a prelim next week.
I keep my opinion of him to myself - they are simply the fCts and how it unfolded

fyfe knocked someone out. Completely different levels of "force"

its a load of crap. This is why you dont do favours to other clubs, Thompson got Johnson off few months ago, yet Selwood tells the ump boomer hit him in the head.

Well thanks Selwood, ar-ewipe. Maybe Scott Thompson will think twice next time he feels considerate toward any Geelong player.

The fact that we went into bat for Stevie J when he kneed Thompson, this is a dog act by Geelong if they didn't reciprocate.

Im tipping Uncle Chris wont be at Fletcher's christening.

Fuming now that North~Scott Thompson went in and played the good guy to get Steve Johnson cleared.

Selwood made sure the favour wouldn't be repaid.

As for the penalty, absolute dogshit.

**** off *******. no way was it worth a week. it was only highlighted because selwood had a big dummy spit and cry about it.
Thompson got Johnson off - will the little dobbing piece of shit be man enough to give evidence in defence or Harvey?
or has his little tantrum already condemned Harvey.

A few things:
Selwood talking to the umpire had nothing to do with the MRP's decision. If you seriously believe what a player says to an umpire has some bearing on the MRP's decision, you're beyond help.

In his own words:
“Exactly what it is, heat of the moment. You’re so emotional and you invest so much in the game and the season. And that’s what it is, it’s a final.

“I was more disappointed I was going to be off the ground from anywhere (from) probably three minutes, where you just get the tape around your head (and) get back on, or 10 minutes, where you’re getting stitched up downstairs.

“You feel that you let your side down for not being available for that period of time because you’re down to two on the bench. There’s a lot of factors where you’re spinning there and you’re so heated up.”

Selwood could not go into bat for Boomer until it was sent to the tribunal. Some of you have been quick to condemn Geelong or Selwood for not sticking up for Boomer, when Thompson helped to get SJ off. As you may recall, Thompson did so when the MRP's finding was appealed at the tribunal, not before. Selwood couldn't influence the MRP's decision by providing testimony. Why some of you seem to think he could, or the fact that he hasn't is an example of hypocrisy, is quite baffling.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-15/selwood-backs-boomer-after-hit

Selwood will try to get Harvey off, just as Thompson did for SJ.

Generally, players do come in to bat for each other in these instances. It is rare that, rather than helping each other out, players use the tribunal as a platform to attempt to get others punished, though I'm sure there was a recent incident when that was the case... Can't remember who that possibly could've been, though.

Whilst I believe Boomer copped a bit of karma with Selwood squealing to the ump. The fact he gets rubbed out is complete ****ing rubbish.

We are accustomed to corruption by the AFL. That dog of a human Adam Goodes gets away with an elbow to the jaw but Boomer gets weeks.

Really all Selwood has to say tonight is that the bump from Harvey was less forceful than the bump from Goodes (which was deemed insufficient force), and those **** smokers at the tribunal will have backed themselves into a corner.

Last edited:
Really all Selwood has to say tonight is that the bump from Harvey was less forceful than the bump from Goodes, and those **** smokers at the tribunal will have back themselves into a corner.

Was Selwood sent for scans to check for fractures and he didn't undergo a concussion test. So how did Boomer use excessive force ??? Has there every been a player who has sued the AFL 20 years down the track because they suffered a skin laceration in a game. How many times during a game do players leave the field under the blood rule, and the MRP are not even interested to find out why. Peter Larkin- Geelong sympathiser, getting a bit touchy that people are critical of 'your' rule. Another silly old fool that is just focusing on 'the rule', rather than the circumstances.

Really all Selwood has to say tonight is that the bump from Harvey was less forceful than the bump from Goodes, and those **** smokers at the tribunal will have backed themselves into a corner.

Pretty simple equation. One flattened and dazed him, the other had no impact whatsoever. He ended up being sent off the ground when he was 100m off the ball and we had possession. So that impact the team by him going off is bullshit!

he is gone... just going to have to live with it

There's clear precedent.

He plays for the wrong ****in team.
We'd have to go to court for precedent to be admitted wouldn't we?

We should take that avenue and show how farcical it actually is.

We should come out now and say of the tribunal fails we're going to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back