Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If Joel Selwood didn't get a cut, would it have been insufficient force?"
"It's less likely, but it doesn't rule it out categorically. You can still not get a cut above the brow, and have a low level of force."

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-16/why-boomer-was-given-one-match-ban

What a stupid response. Answer the question! Clearly don't want to paint themselves into another corner

Without clicking on the link, is he asked why Hawkins, Franklin and Goodes were deemed insufficient force?

"If Joel Selwood didn't get a cut, would it have been insufficient force?"
"It's less likely, but it doesn't rule it out categorically. You can still not get a cut above the brow, and have a low level of force."

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-16/why-boomer-was-given-one-match-ban

What a stupid response. Answer the question! Clearly don't want to paint themselves into another corner

Then our case should be what is the minimum amount of sufficient force to apply a suspenion. What grading did you use to determine what level of force Boomer used.

We should have had a biomechanistic from RMIT calculating the force used by Harvey and then comparing that to Hawkins, Goodes and Buddy.

And this is what shits me.

He's really paying the penalty for throwing that scumbag Picken off him. And yes, he should have been more disciplined, etc etc. (By the way, calling that 'sniping' is plain stupid.)

The whole incident would not have happened if one of three umpires had spotted Picken holding Boomer around the torso, 20 metres off the ball, to prevent him getting involved in play.

The umps love protecting 'ball players' like Selwood, Gazza, etc For some reason, Boomer doesn't fit into their definition of 'ball players'.

It's not just Picken, Boomer has form sniping (yes sniping) opposition players off the ball.

Kerr and the other Selwood from West Coast. Both off the ball and both weak as piss.

So to me, that is 4 incidents he has been involved with that have lead to suspensions and all were off the ball and totally unnecessary.

If any of these incidents happened to one of our players this board would meltdown with hate fueled posts about dog acts and questioning the blokes character.

I love the way Boomer plays footy but he constantly lets himself down with his sheer stupidity that not only hurts him, it hurts the team as well.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned & linked, but has anyone seen the (using this word loosely) article on Page 2 & 3 of today's Age? What on earth is that!? It sounds like a letter to the editor, but is almost given the prominence of front page news.

I didn't recognise the writer's name, so just googled him:

Tony Wright is the National Affairs Editor of The Age. He has been based in the Canberra Press Gallery for 20 years, working for The Canberra Times, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Bulletin before joining The Age in 2007. He has written two plays and two best-selling books

Why would The Age give such prominence to a Canberra-based National Affairs Editor on a football-related matter?

It took me while to find the link online, but here it is:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/foot...brent-harveys-cross-play-20140915-10h7j0.html

It's not just Picken, Boomer has form sniping (yes sniping) opposition players off the ball.

Kerr and the other Selwood from West Coast. Both off the ball and both weak as piss.

So to me, that is 4 incidents he has been involved with that have lead to suspensions and all were off the ball and totally unnecessary.

If any of these incidents happened to one of our players this board would meltdown with hate fueled posts about dog acts and questioning the blokes character.

I love the way Boomer plays footy but he constantly lets himself down with his sheer stupidity that not only hurts him, it hurts the team as well.

The only person he sniped was Kerr. The rest are rubbish reports.

Blocking a players run is not sniping - it is a normal act on the field.

He got a week for getting a player that had jumped onto his back off him.

The only person he sniped was Kerr. The rest are rubbish reports.

Blocking a players run is not sniping - it is a normal act on the field.

He got a week for getting a player that had jumped onto his back off him.

Don't forget the other Selwood who had to leave the ground to get stitches after another off the ball incident with Boomer.

Fact is, Boomer has a habit off getting suspended for off the ball incidents. If he played for another club we would be calling him a dog, sniper and a snitch after the Crowley incident.

My original post was just pointing out the double standards that some have here on this thread when they directed all the abuse at Selwood for doing exactly what Boomer did to Crowley.

I'll agree the hit on Kerr was just stupid, allowing his frustration to get the better of him.

Can't comment on the Selwood one that day because there was no footage of it. In fact no evidence at all, other than Selwood leaving the ground under the blood rule so let's find Harvey guilty of something or other. So if you saw him snipe Selwood, I guess we're lucky you didn't give evidence.

My recollection is that if he has been suspended prior to that, it was something like retaliating, or maybe getting frustrated by illegal tagging as in the Picken incident.

And as has been discussed here, he wasn't taking Joel Selwood out behind play on Friday. Looked at in context, it was the kind of block/bump that happens all the time. He erred in jumping and clashing heads. But let's not pretend it was a king hit of some sort.

The way some people on BF talk about Harvey as a sniper, you'd think he was belting opponents behind play, or running through them with a raised elbow like Lethal and Dipper used to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget the other Selwood who had to leave the ground to get stitches after another off the ball incident with Boomer.

Fact is, Boomer has a habit off getting suspended for off the ball incidents. If he played for another club we would be calling him a dog, sniper and a snitch after the Crowley incident.

My original post was just pointing out the double standards that some have here on this thread when they directed all the abuse at Selwood for doing exactly what Boomer did to Crowley.

Totally irrelevant to the block that he put on, which is the incident under question. That's where you are categorically wrong and it's been explained so many times in this thread I'm not going through it again.

And for someone who professes to love Boomer, you have a high propensity to judge him to be in the wrong.

And it's not sniping if you whack someone who whacks you, FFS.

Something that has really stood out in the past few days that I find unsettling. Where has all this hatred for Boomer come from. Every journo involved in footy including some that have popped up that i have never heard of are so keen to put Boomer in. Practically gone out of their way to put him in.

Blink last week and you would not have known Tomahawk might have had a case to answer.

This week has Channel 7 running match day polls, Interview with Mark Evans during Port/Freo game who says its not a good look, the Sunday Herald Sun Back/front and liftout all saying hes gone, KB's SEN show saying he has to go, i really hope his family doesn't look at social media, the list goes on.

The consensus is that the AFL manipulate the MRP to look after its favourites, Goodes, Selwood, Ablett, Buddy etc. I ask you this: why isn't Boomer an AFL favourite. He is an icon of the game in his 18th year of AFL football and will most likely be the games record holder in a few years. He has never been a thug and from the few times i've had the pleasure seems to be a ripping bloke. I find it bewildering. To all the haters: go **** yourselves. Good luck tonight Boomer.

is this good or not? I dunno.

They're the same three who dismissed his last challenge (re. The throat contact) with disdain.

I can see them now, as Boomer walks in to face their wrath, "Well, well, well, we meet again".

Reading the tweets with the AFL legal counsel's quotes condemning Boomer for "a deliberate act to take out a player off the ball with violence" is going to be head/desk frustrating to the max tonight. Last time the tribunal members took his every word as fact, hook, line and sinker, as if all Boomer spoke was white noise.

A fairer more openminded hearing tonight would be a start FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back