Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

I certainly won't be unhappy if they both stay. Contracted, premiership stars...
If I could keep one it would be Daniel. For mine, aside from the injury debacle, the biggest disappointment of the last couple of seasons has been Bolton. A real tease, with no real return on investment. Get something for him now whilst he still has good currency.

If I could keep one it would be Daniel. For mine, aside from the injury debacle, the biggest disappointment of the last couple of seasons has been Bolton. A real tease, with no real return on investment. Get something for him now whilst he still has good currency.
Bolton is the one to keep by a fair margin. Rioli gets us pick 6 plus another pick. At 6 we are getting one of the elite mids. Bolton is our best player and only getting 10+ from the Dockers with Academy bids and Battle compo

Kozzi wanting a trade to WA is the worst outcome for us, because he isn't as good as Bolton but will be cheaper for a similar output.

going to be some impressive feat if freo can pull off obtaining both Bolton and Kosi ( if kosi does make it official)
lot to play out before we get to this Junction

Bolton is the one to keep by a fair margin. Rioli gets us pick 6 plus another pick. At 6 we are getting one of the elite mids. Bolton is our best player and only getting 10+ from the Dockers with Academy bids and Battle compo
Was going to say the same, Bolton is the 1 of the 4 to keep. He is a gun, 100%. If he doesn't get us great picks then we keep. The other 3 leaving will get us a few first, early second rounders anyway.

Was going to say the same, Bolton is the 1 of the 4 to keep. He is a gun, 100%. If he doesn't get us great picks then we keep. The other 3 leaving will get us a few first, early second rounders anyway.

Disagree. Undisciplined on the field, often looks disinterested.

High ceiling but no leadership.

Absolutely the type of player we should be trading out now. We should be trying to keep Baker & Rioli.

I'd also move on Short + Graham in a heartbeat.

Kozzi wanting a trade to WA is the worst outcome for us, because he isn't as good as Bolton but will be cheaper for a similar output.

Yeah, not good at all. Both contracted also.

Freo has 9 + 10 +17 + 2025 1st.

I actually don't think that's anywhere near enough to get a deal done for both Kosi + Bolton.

If I was in charge of our list management I'd be asking for Amiss or Treacy.

But it would also suck if Freo decided to take Kosi and not bother with Bolton!

Absolutely the type of player we should be trading out now. We should be trying to keep Baker & Rioli.

Bolton is about to enter his peak, I wont mind if we keep.

Short and Graham, I agree with, they can go.

agree with Bolton.. but lost me with Baker and Rioli.
the time is now to move all 4 name players on.
are time is now and we got to strike now, not hold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we’d get more than 3 and 23 for baker and Bolton
Agreed ... Bolton has four years left on his contract ... A first round pick for each year sounds about right ... Fremantle's 3 picks this year (9, 10 and 17) and their first next year ... and we pay his salary next year as well as throw in Baker

Fremantle is desperate for that first premiership ... and this is about what we gave up for Taranto and Hopper to be honest

agree with Bolton.. but lost me with Baker and Rioli.
the time is now to move all 4 name players on.
are time is now and we got to strike now, not hold

Just to clarify, if we were to try to retain any of them, those would be my choices, for on-field leadership during a rebuild.

If the price is right, move them on. But I don't think the club should be accepting unders just to make them happy - we need to drive a hard bargain for our future.

Bolton is about to enter his peak, I wont mind if we keep.

Short and Graham, I agree with, they can go.

I don't see the point in him peaking in a wooden spoon side when he has serious trade value and we are genuinely entering a proper rebuild phase.

I don't think he'll contribute much to the culture/rebuild that's necessary.

It’s ****ing depressing seeing these names on our list barring Lynch. I’m still sceptical whether Lynch can recapture his health again and be anything close to the player he was. I’m giving up if all the mids you’ve listed are starting next year as they have as much future to us as Rev milk in my refrigerator.
I know a lot of our posters don't want to hear it but you're exactly right, that midfield is SHITE.
And I'd be very surprised if Lynch gets back to 80% of his health, that is the reason our players are leaving because they don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
FLAME SUIT ON.

I know a lot of our posters don't want to hear it but you're exactly right, that midfield is SHITE.
And I'd be very surprised if Lynch gets back to 80% of his health, that is the reason our players are leaving because they don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
FLAME SUIT ON.
we just gave Prestia another year . OMG we are a basket case in the midfield.

going to be some impressive feat if freo can pull off obtaining both Bolton and Kosi ( if kosi does make it official)
lot to play out before we get to this Junction
Not really they have the assets to get it done
Richmond out Bolton , #73 , #66
In : #11 , #12 , #25/Erasmus

Melbourne out Pickett , #61
In : #17 , F1 and Switta

Still remember that vfl game at PRO where we were getting torched in the guts and fly threw him in there after HT and the rest was history. He’s a match winner for me.
💯 he is and has that magic to . 34 goals this year to. Put him in a top side with better players challenging his the icing on the cake 🎂.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back