List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this will be met with plenty of opposition, but I would not mind one iota offering Seb Ross a one-year contract.
We could do with his experience on and off the field next year.
It would cost nothing. A DFA and a modest contract.

It actually costs PLENTY..... we've just wasted 17 games on Dow as a starting mid to realise he was a bust. Sonsie, Jack Ross, Mcauliffe are all MIDFIELDERS who will only improve by playing as MIDFIELDERS!!! Not hidden on wings or flanks. We're not contending, we're not lacking experience. Hopper, Taranto, Prestia and to a lesser extent Ross are experienced leaders. We need to pump games into Mcauliffe, Sonsie, Jack Ross and the incoming kids so they develop together not plaster cracks and provide super to Seb Ross.

Because the kid that goes number 1 gets some extra benefits on the night and would be pretty shitty of us to take that away from the kid we actually want to take at number 1.
10 grand. Pfft, these blokes get fined more than that for making accidental contact with an umpy. Andrew is about to earn $50k per match for the next 9 years. Before endorsements!

I wonder what proportion of #1 draft picks, knowing what they know as their career unfolds for better or worse, would’ve rathered go #2 or later? I’m tipping the greater percentage.

Any young bloke whose ego is so elevated that he needs the #1 draft pick label to be properly stimulated on his arrival into league footy might not be the sort we require.

Select who is best for our own list management needs, whether that’s another club’s father/son or not. If someone convinces me that a player has more potential than Ashcroft or another Daicos or Ablett or whoever, then I’ll happily select him and let him have his paltry $10k sugar hit with it.

Last edited:
Not sure what the GC salary cap is like, but the AFL won’t give them any ambassador $$ , because Dusty doesn’t do media.

I don’t see how any of this affects the Rioli deal to be honest, you just put this in the memory bank and screw them over some time down the track. We’ll have a sh!tload of cap space next year and beyond, and just about guaranteed there’ll be GC players wanting to return to their home state

Coniglio and Gold Coast King are ambassadors getting $300k p/a yet when was the last time they held massive press conferences. Judd was an ambassador for Visy which basically equated to he was on cardboard cut-outs at recycling plants. Dusty being on posters, billboards and attending a few clinics in Gold Coast would be considered a bonanza for the AFL, not to mention all their ads on TV promoting the games. The AFL have been in on this all along..... the GC CEO is Mark Evans....... his uncle Ron Evans was AFL chairman and commissioner for 20 years.

Coniglio and Gold Coast King are ambassadors getting $300k p/a yet when was the last time they held massive press conferences. Judd was an ambassador for Visy which basically equated to he was on cardboard cut-outs at recycling plants. Dusty being on posters, billboards and attending a few clinics in Gold Coast would be considered a bonanza for the AFL, not to mention all their ads on TV promoting the games. The AFL have been in on this all along..... the GC CEO is Mark Evans....... his uncle Ron Evans was AFL chairman and commissioner for 20 years.

spot on

Dusty will be on $ 1m a year next year total, his business partner Ralph Carr will make sure he gets paid

10 grand. Pfft, these blokes get fined more than that for making accidental contact with an umpy. Andrew is about to earn $50k per match for the next 9 years. Before endorsements!

I wonder what proportion of #1 draft picks, knowing what they know as their career unfolds for better or worse, would’ve rathered go #2 or later? I’m tipping the greater percentage.

Any young bloke whose ego is so elevated that he needs the #1 draft pick label to be properly stimulated on his arrival into league footy might not be the sort we require.

Select who is best for our own list management needs, whether that’s another club’s father/son or not. If someone convinces me that a player has more potential than Ashcroft or another Daicos or Ablett or whoever, then I’ll happily select him and let him have his paltry $10k sugar hit with it.

Getting drafted to Richmond right now is worth a lot more than $10k. It’s likely the player we take first in the draft will play more games (more match payments) and become someone our fans spend money on. $50k merch sales and there’s your $10k son.

Apparently the saints looking at reeves, as mentioned here before I reckon if your looking at the hawks list trying to poach someone from outside their best 22 it would be Max Ramsden. Most hawks fans are happy to lose reeves and have Ramsden as the number 1 back up for Meek. Reeves is like 26 and always injured, Ramsden is only 21 more upside.
Dunno what Nick Madden would cost to acquire (don’t think at all excessive) but would be interested to know & possibly pay it.
Did sign an extension to 2026, 5 months ago, though so this is almost certainly a pointless post by me

It actually costs PLENTY..... we've just wasted 17 games on Dow as a starting mid to realise he was a bust. Sonsie, Jack Ross, Mcauliffe are all MIDFIELDERS who will only improve by playing as MIDFIELDERS!!! Not hidden on wings or flanks. We're not contending, we're not lacking experience. Hopper, Taranto, Prestia and to a lesser extent Ross are experienced leaders. We need to pump games into Mcauliffe, Sonsie, Jack Ross and the incoming kids so they develop together not plaster cracks and provide super to Seb Ross.
Agreed plus you’d like to think that sooner than later we should be exposing our early pics to senior footy , if we didn’t extend d prestia , it might make sense. But we did

I’d suggest we’d be looking at the Whitlocks, Faull & Tauru etc but getting highly talented Mids and small/medium forwards in the first 4 picks should be priority.

#1 - FOS
#3 - Draper/Jagga/Lalor/Langford
#6 - Lalor/Langford/Reid
#9 - Reid/Berry/Travaglia/Smillie
#14 - Shanahan/Tauru/J.Whitlock
That looks good but depends what other teams will chase aswell. Its very hard to predict....

#1- Rich - FOS or Jagga
#2- Nth - may look for a KP - Armstrong before a FOS
#3- WC - Smilie (I still think he is top 3)
#4- Adel - Draper
#5- Melb - KPF (Armstrong/Shanahan)
#6- Rich - Jagga/Langford/Lalor
#7- StK- Langford/Reid
#8- StK- KPF (Battle Compensation)
#9- Ess- Shanahan (if he is still around)/Tauru
#10 Rich- Tauru
#11 Rich- Berry/ Datoli (if Freo is kind)

# 12- Carl - Berry ( maybe Port if Hewson goes to the Blues)
# 13- GC / Rich (for Dusty) - Gross/Hynes/Lindsay
# 14 - Haw/ Rich (pick WC gives us for Baker) - Gross/Hynes/Lindsay
# 15- Bris/Rich (everyone seems to think we will get Brisbane's pick for more late picks) Sims/Faull
# 21- Rich - Dodson (future ruck)

That's 8 picks, if they fall our way - 1, 6, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 21

If we can get any other pick in the 20s, move them into next year for future round 1s.

I am not a fan of losing picks in the teens for #2 or #3 as the 1st 7-8 picks could all be Pick 1 !!
Plus our list has so many C graders atm, we need more x-factor & class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things we want/need to happen that Blair MUST be a hard ass about

* Make Sure we extract full value out of GC , Rioli & Dusty getting touched up we must get #6 & #12 even if wwe have to pay the entire Rioli salary for the remaining 3 years. This is critical

* DO NOT ACCEPT anything less than #10 & #11 for Bolton , Even if it means not trading him and holding him to his contract. Fremantle have shown they are the team that does not budge when trading out contracted players so they need to be on the other end and if they want any of Bolton salary paid then thats extra pick. If you cant afford him dont go shopping

* Jack Graham , I hope this bluff pays off and we get #22 , This pick will be priceless in combination with #21
Both these selections could attract F1 offers or some top rated kids slide that we have rated as top 10 picks and we get a bargain.

* Liam Baker , Hawks pick #12 would be fantastic but i honestly cant see the eagles trading that out so #10 + Baker for #3 is the best scenario if not the #23+F2. Again in combination with #21 , #22 the pick #23 could mean we have full domination of 3 early picks on the 2nd day and that is also a very good tactical position.

* Brisbane's pick #14 (assuming they lose tonight)
This is almost a given now that we make the play for this pick but it will cost us a fair bit imo 29,39,41,47 (1827 points)
Should get the deal done.

#1 , #3 , #6 , #9 , #14 , #21 , #22 , #57 , #66 , #73 , #75

Use the #1 , #3 , #6 , #9 , #14
Trade #21 , #22 into 2025
Select Davidson with #57

Try to move 66,73,77 (they will come in by around 15 spots due to all the father sons and academy selections) into 3rd rounders next year if possible

That looks good but depends what other teams will chase aswell. Its very hard to predict....

#1- Rich - FOS or Jagga
#2- Nth - may look for a KP - Armstrong before a FOS
#3- WC - Smilie (I still think he is top 3)
#4- Adel - Draper
#5- Melb - KPF (Armstrong/Shanahan)
#6- Rich - Jagga/Langford/Lalor
#7- StK- Langford/Reid
#8- StK- KPF (Battle Compensation)
#9- Ess- Shanahan (if he is still around)/Tauru
#10 Rich- Tauru
#11 Rich- Berry/ Datoli (if Freo is kind)

# 12- Carl - Berry ( maybe Port if Hewson goes to the Blues)
# 13- GC / Rich (for Dusty) - Gross/Hynes/Lindsay
# 14 - Haw/ Rich (pick WC gives us for Baker) - Gross/Hynes/Lindsay
# 15- Bris/Rich (everyone seems to think we will get Brisbane's pick for more late picks) Sims/Faull
# 21- Rich - Dodson (future ruck)

That's 8 picks, if they fall our way - 1, 6, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 21

If we can get any other pick in the 20s, move them into next year for future round 1s.

I am not a fan of losing picks in the teens for #2 or #3 as the 1st 7-8 picks could all be Pick 1 !!
Plus our list has so many C graders atm, we need more x-factor & class
I like it ,,,a lot

Getting drafted to Richmond right now is worth a lot more than $10k. It’s likely the player we take first in the draft will play more games (more match payments) and become someone our fans spend money on. $50k merch sales and there’s your $10k son.
If any of our juniors are any good they’ll be paid a kings ransom , who else we be paying

If any of our juniors are any good they’ll be paid a kings ransom , who else we be paying
Clubs will be able to trade cap space within 1-2 years

2025 we will be paying Lynch $1.5 mi plus some of Rioli & Bolton salary to get better picks
2026 trade out cap space for more picks

Things we want/need to happen that Blair MUST be a hard ass about

* Make Sure we extract full value out of GC , Rioli & Dusty getting touched up we must get #6 & #12 even if wwe have to pay the entire Rioli salary for the remaining 3 years. This is critical

* DO NOT ACCEPT anything less than #10 & #11 for Bolton , Even if it means not trading him and holding him to his contract. Fremantle have shown they are the team that does not budge when trading out contracted players so they need to be on the other end and if they want any of Bolton salary paid then thats extra pick. If you cant afford him dont go shopping

* Jack Graham , I hope this bluff pays off and we get #22 , This pick will be priceless in combination with #21
Both these selections could attract F1 offers or some top rated kids slide that we have rated as top 10 picks and we get a bargain.

* Liam Baker , Hawks pick #12 would be fantastic but i honestly cant see the eagles trading that out so #10 + Baker for #3 is the best scenario if not the #23+F2. Again in combination with #21 , #22 the pick #23 could mean we have full domination of 3 early picks on the 2nd day and that is also a very good tactical position.

* Brisbane's pick #14 (assuming they lose tonight)
This is almost a given now that we make the play for this pick but it will cost us a fair bit imo 29,39,41,47 (1827 points)
Should get the deal done.

#1 , #3 , #6 , #9 , #14 , #21 , #22 , #57 , #66 , #73 , #75

Use the #1 , #3 , #6 , #9 , #14
Trade #21 , #22 into 2025
Select Davidson with #57

Try to move 66,73,77 (they will come in by around 15 spots due to all the father sons and academy selections) into 3rd rounders next year if possible
Trade 21,22 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Zero chance, not in a strong draft

That all depends on the offer of the F1
We need talent now, in a draft that’s reputed to be very deep. We will use any pick in the top 30 this year as a result, why wait until next year when you already know it’s there this year?? Would be bat sh!t crazy

We need talent now, in a draft that’s reputed to be very deep. We will use any pick in the top 30 this year as a result, why wait until next year when you already know it’s there this year?? Would be bat sh!t crazy
We need future firsts for when we trade for Tom Green 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back