Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton deal is 18 +30 for Bolton + 45. He doesn't want to be there, needs to go back home. Missus wants to raise kids in WA. Freo should play hardball and take the 3 best kids available in the draft. Freo could go slightly higher if Richmond pay half his salary, but we don't and won't pay overs. Keep your player there with an upset family, see if you get the best out of him. Next trade period his value drops through the floor, he goes anyway, you don't get picks in before the compromised Tassie drafts.

silly boy

Finish outside the 8....but bitch about Bolton's price. Hoping to get Warner next year? Do they transfer all their 2024 draft hand into a 2025 one that delivers Warner.
Why not both?

I know that Dimma knows the player, and equates Rioli IN make the 8. I never see Freo, so not sure what the coach thinks of Bolton.

Strongly rumoured to be talking to WA clubs. As early as 4 June McGuire's kid NBN broadcast the story of Freo wanting Bolton.

A pity that Bolton didn't nominate Freo earlier, cos the standard for trading players needed by a club is 2 1st Rounders. We paid that for Taranto. Hopper 1st & 2nd.

No Richmond bias here, in what world is contracted, $million player not worth that. If RFC go after Cadman next year I expect to pay heavily in salary & picks.

Despite all this Bolton played well for us. And be funny if he stayed. Might play inspired football for us, motivated by the way he got ****ed by Freo. Get Kmac to do a house extension.

I hope we can bring any of Shai's family members to keep em company. Help with new baby. My daughter just had a grand kid a few months ago and my missus does ALL the helping. Its women's business for the first months, year.

My biggest bug bear is both these clubs Fremantle & Gold Coast went after 2 players that were still contracted. Not small contracts either, they went after them both and convinced them a move is the best option and now both players are willing to go, these same 2 clubs are now complaining about our asking price?

GAGF

Pick 6 alone for Rioli is not enough, couldn't give 2 shits what Kane ****ing Cornes thinks and then we have Bolton, for a team like Freo to actually come out and say they really want Bolton and then offer up 2 picks one of which is utter dog shit.

I was all for trading them both but I'm happy and actually now want us to say **** off.

I'll be pissed off if we don't get better than 10 and 11. Should definitely be more than that.

Points value of 10 and 11 is about halfway between pick 1 and 2, which he is easily worth even without being heavily contracted.

When he is dominating in a good team again next year, doing freak things, up and about, pick 10 and 18 will look laughable.

He's an absolute weapon of a player with many elite years ahead of him. I hope we don't budge at all, especially on this one.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back