Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

We will get next to nothing in a trade. Some expectations need to be lowered.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
af3c1409033595d3cb8fcf1892593517.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I’d give him another year.

Keep in him as a defensive mid / tagger.

We’ve carried plenty of blokes and even recently given contracts to players, that are worse.

It's a nobrainer because if we are to trade, there would be no value, 3rd rounder at best but if we could turn him into a proper negater, then it opens doors.

He has already shown to be able to do that to some degree, why not persist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That One Brownlow Vote against the GC last season, that various idiots were wanking on about, is just a distant memory. :stern look

Seriously though I feel for Phillips. Looks like he won’t be at the Mighty NMFC next season.

Ccj and biggy have a year left on their contracts and neither are fit to lace wills bootlaces. Might be harsh but pay the apuds out and give will at minimum a year extension.
I've never seen a bloke so overrated, he's played three good games and they were all last season. Why on earth does he deserve another year? And yes CCJ and Biggie are definitely shit trucks too.

I've never seen a bloke so overrated, he's played three good games and they were all last season. Why on earth does he deserve another year? And yes CCJ and Biggie are definitely shit trucks too.
Didn't say he deserved another year just given the choice its pretty obvious you try to keep players that can execute basic skills ok over blokes that are seriously crap. In a perfect world if we could cover them all in one year of drafting they all go but we aint anywhere near a list with depth.

Didn't say he deserved another year just given the choice its pretty obvious you try to keep players that can execute basic skills ok over blokes that are seriously crap. In a perfect world if we could cover them all in one year of drafting they all go but we aint anywhere near a list with depth.
Running is pretty important too and Will can't do it.

We will get next to nothing in a trade. Some expectations need to be lowered.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think he's a better player than Tom Fullarton who was traded for pick 47 last year and hasn't played a game.
I could see a team like Cats parting with pick 35 to get a player who has been in the system vs the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back