Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Be honest Junk Yard, will dropped 30 on you in basketball, didn't he?
Actual footage of Junk Yard getting postered by WillPhill..

Just For Laughs Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Going to be tough to see him go elsewhere as I feel he’s a fan favourite amongst many. Would take solace if he succeeds elsewhere as I don’t think the club have done him many favours with him being axed every third week.

Going to be tough to see him go elsewhere as I feel he’s a fan favourite amongst many. Would take solace if he succeeds elsewhere as I don’t think the club have done him many favours with him being axed every third week.
Jesus. He's been give a run of games on three or four separate occasions throughout the year and not performed. His VFL form didn't warrant a call up at any stage so they changed his role to get him in the team. He just got dropped after 5 disposals in a half and still can't run a game out in his fourth year. So explain to me how you feel the club has done him wrong?

Yes his development has been disappointing but I don’t think the club has done him any favours. He has spent two seasons yo-yoing in and out of the side.
He's just had three games playing his position and couldn't perform, what more should they do? He's just not very good.

While not a great sign for Will I’d still prefer to keep him than the following players: Drury, Shiels, RHJ, Sellers, Taylor, Lazzaro, Free and Greenwood. That’s already 8 names plus Thomas. I think that’s already cutting deep enough.

Him are Harvey are probably the two I’d keep out of the 2024 out of contractors. RHJ possibly worth another year on the rookie list too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would seem the likely outcome. Is this TAO musings or “ “.

Well Michael you don't need to be the head of NASA to work out what's going on.
Sheezel is out and he still can't get a game, I'm not happy about it, but I admit I do enjoy shoving it up the arse of certain posters who should know better.

Jackson Macrae had 37 disposals at VFL level last week. That's near 2 weeks worth for Phillips at the same level. WTF, and yeah some posters have a list of excuses as long as your arm for why Will hasn't delivered. I can tell you that and to his credit Will doesn't use those excuses.

I’m not so sure Will’s paper are stamped just yet.
If you listened to Clarko on SEN this morning, he talked about needing midfield depth.
He also talked about recruiting an experienced mid.
If we do manage to lure a Viney/Wines/Parker & also plan on using our first draft pick on a mid, then he is surely gone.
If we don’t lure anyone & don’t pick a mid with our first, then I can see him still being of value.
Of course, this is all irrelevant if Will gets a better offer elsewhere & chooses to leave.
The best we could do in this scenario is using him to move up the order to a pick in the 20’s

I’m not so sure Will’s paper are stamped just yet.
If you listened to Clarko on SEN this morning, he talked about needing midfield depth.
He also talked about recruiting an experienced mid.
If we do manage to lure a Viney/Wines/Parker & also plan on using our first draft pick on a mid, then he is surely gone.
If we don’t lure anyone & don’t pick a mid with our first, then I can see him still being of value.
Of course, this is all irrelevant if Will gets a better offer elsewhere & chooses to leave.
The best we could do in this scenario is using him to move up the order to a pick in the 20’s
Yeah he did mention midfield depth, so there is a chance he stays but I guess they could also keep Lazzaro and trade Will.
I don't know how it will play out but if no contract is signed before October let's say then it's probably a sign he's gone.
He might come back in for the Hawks game for all we know lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back