Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

So we paid pick 3 for a tagger. Who cares? We certainly can’t let this guy walk out cheap from our club this year.
He won’t be a tagger once his tank gets built up, but I really want him to stay. One of the few mids to run both ways. We can finally transition Shiels out now.

83%tog and 7 disposals in the last. There is a player there.

So we paid pick 3 for a tagger. Who cares? We certainly can’t let this guy walk out cheap from our club this year.
I hold hope that is not his actual ceiling and more a role on the way to finding it.

One thing is for sure, he’s worth more to us than we’d get for him.

He won’t be a tagger once his tank gets built up, but I really want him to stay. One of the few mids to run both ways. We can finally transition Shiels out now.

83%tog and 7 disposals in the last. There is a player there.

To be clearer I was having a dig at some of the shit guys like Jon Ralph were saying last week when they were putting him in trade news.

He’s coming good.

To be clearer I was having a dig at some of the shit guys like Jon Ralph were saying last week when they were putting him in trade news.

He’s coming good.
I get that, my comment was meant more generally. I see a Jacobs arc where he gets fit and strong enough to be a good offensive mid himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only is he doing well, but it’s so f*cking painfully obvious that our midfield is functioning better with the way he is taking a player out of the space around the contest.

And he is very smart. A few niggles here and there, some lip, sure, but very smartly played and hardly ever infringes.

GUN.

Not only is he doing well, but it’s so f*cking painfully obvious that our midfield is functioning better with the way he is taking a player out of the space around the contest.

And he is very smart. A few niggles here and there, some lip, sure, but very smartly played and hardly ever infringes.

GUN.

May I ask, how do you respond to John Ralph’s - ‘you can’t have your pick 3 tagging’ and his panel members agreeing, after hearing about him tagging in the vfl 2 weeks ago?

Love how he kept referring to the “Shinboner spirit” .
Also to note that one of our most famous past players , premiership player & captain In Anthony Stevens started his career as a small size tagger & went onto to become one of our best ever midfielders.
Tagging naturally brings you to the contest & footy. This is another way of learning the midfield craft without the pressures of having to be creative & doing something with the footy all the time.
WillPhil will benefit from this role heaps & the team is already benefiting from it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back