Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

hip hop rap GIF by Roxanne Roxanne

Sydney are an 80 point better team than us and they jabbed him and played him underdone. Your boy Will got dropped four five times this year alone, let that sink in you fool. Did you happen to watch the preliminary? Logan took two more marks than Will averages kicks and 2 goals all from 70 odd minutes.
Why so angry?

Just responding to an idiot. Sad state of affairs kicking a kid that's played every game for the season in a team that finished second. Think we should be more focused on our own problems.

I reckon you could play CHF for them JY. They missed your passion on field yesterday, would have made a difference too, I reckon.

Will has had a few injuries, a few that are his fault, a few which aren't. He was a good player as a kid as 3rd Banana in a dominant side. I reckon we are not too far away from that in his section of the ground. If he can be 6th or 7th banana behind Harry, McKercher, LDU, George, Zane, led by Parker (hopefully) and the original Jy, we're going good. He needs to have a massive Pre-season and get rock-hard fit, he must. I'll cut him some slack until then, you don't have to! But now we know the alternative was shit anyway when it counted, he's got time and no pressure to perform and I hope we see the best of him, for our sake.

Did it get down to character selecting between Will & Hollands? Were Hollands off field behaviours post draft a red flag pre-draft?
Not many moving the needle from that entire draft class. Bad year to have such a high pick.
If you call going to church every week as a kid bad off field behaviour, then maybe it’s a red flag? Then maybe. But reality is, the club/city he was drafted to was the big issue, not his character.

Last edited:
At least out club showed some common sense with just a one year extension for Will Phil. Swans loaded up for 4 more years with Logan, and that decision will be placed under the microscope further next year. This year alone he could have won 2 games of his boot, and the pressure was too much. I agree with all others it was a shite draft. Lucky we didn’t pick DGB (Hawks) who was just after these 2.
But the other threads on here tell us “big men take time”. Or does that only apply to NM players???

I reckon you could play CHF for them JY. They missed your passion on field yesterday, would have made a difference too, I reckon.

Will has had a few injuries, a few that are his fault, a few which aren't. He was a good player as a kid as 3rd Banana in a dominant side. I reckon we are not too far away from that in his section of the ground. If he can be 6th or 7th banana behind Harry, McKercher, LDU, George, Zane, led by Parker (hopefully) and the original Jy, we're going good. He needs to have a massive Pre-season and get rock-hard fit, he must. I'll cut him some slack until then, you don't have to! But now we know the alternative was shit anyway when it counted, he's got time and no pressure to perform and I hope we see the best of him, for our sake.
Which injuries where his own fault.

Which injuries where his own fault.

Sorry, I knew this was coming. My bad.

His lack of tank is an 'injury' of his own doing. His pre-seasons are his own fault! The glandular etc has not helped at all, but I haven't been there to see him put 110% in, as most of us would in the same position. That's what I meant.

If he in incapable of doing 110%, sure, not his fault entirely, but the lack of diligence (his or someone else's fault) is going to pay eventually - for him, for us. The fact remains I'm going to lay off him until after this year, I reckon he goes ok if, and it's a big if, he can put the effort in that's required to get himself fit enough to compete at the highest level for 4 Quarters.

Zurhaar cops it got having a shit season in a crap forward line but nearly kicks as many goals as Logan ‘the champ ‘ McDonald in a gun side.

Have a rest junky
Logans certainly not breaking any record's, 22yr old key forward thats closing in on 100 goals is not terrible either. But if you want to compare current career trajectories with Will...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back