Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty certain both the Bulldogs and Dees tried him as a key back.

He’s done at AFL level.

So he could get a game with us, now back on to WilPhil get the bloke fired up and fit and throw him at anyone we think can cause us harm.

Let’s make Wil great, he could be the next Benny J as a tagger but I guess we need to have a different gameplan than just run run run turnover goal to opponents rinse repeat..!

So he could get a game with us, now back on to WilPhil get the bloke fired up and fit and throw him at anyone we think can cause us harm.

Let’s make Wil great, he could be the next Benny J as a tagger but I guess we need to have a different gameplan than just run run run turnover goal to opponents rinse repeat..!
Ben had elite cardio and could defend in the back half. Will has neither and his cardio base is so low it's not ever going to get there, he was taught a lesson tagging and hopefully that sinks in.

So much this. They should never have been in a position where they needed to fight like that for their season after being 12 - 6 - 1. They fumbled away their season and collapsed when under pressure from a position where they really should have made top 4.
Only a month since the Deputy Premier was warning airlines not to engage in price gouging for grand final flights...

Ben had elite cardio and could defend in the back half. Will has neither and his cardio base is so low it's not ever going to get there, he was taught a lesson tagging and hopefully that sinks in.
I'm in favour of keeping Will but agree it's a poor comparison.

Ben Jacobs was ~186cm, fantastic tank and pretty tough. Long left foot kick that improved when he wasn't used as a prime playmaker.

That size, endurance and kicking depth difference splits them too much for a meaningful comparison.

I'm in favour of keeping Will but agree it's a poor comparison.

Ben Jacobs was ~186cm, fantastic tank and pretty tough. Long left foot kick that improved when he wasn't used as a prime playmaker.

That size, endurance and kicking depth difference splits them too much for a meaningful comparison.
💯 he was the perfect tagger, could follow the best anywhere. Will's tagging can't be long term due to this, defensive mid yeah but not an elite run with player.

Well why haven’t we announced his 12 month extension. We announced Fords. I can only assume we’re waiting until the B&F to do so. Really make a night of it.

Or I suppose option b is he hasn’t accepted our 12 month low ball offer and is testing the waters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well why haven’t we announced his 12 month extension. We announced Fords. I can only assume we’re waiting until the B&F to do so. Really make a night of it.

Or I suppose option b is he hasn’t accepted our 12 month low ball offer and is testing the waters.
The same bloke that said Jaidyn was retiring was the one that said he'd signed on.

He’s asked for ….
IMG_4854.gif

Education Biology GIF by DIIMSA Stock
Might need a bore drilling rig 😎

12 months is certainly not low balling him.

No one's offering two after the year he had, don't think he cracked 30 disposals once for the year and that's playing half VFL in his fourth year. If he's got one infront of him I'm sure he'd have signed it.
Stfu you were saying that we wouldn’t sign him for one and you were wrong

Surely they’re waiting post trade/FA. If we take pick 2 to the draft and nab a midfielder, there’s surely no point keeping Phillips if he’s pushed back even further in line.

Surely they’re waiting post trade/FA. If we take pick 2 to the draft and nab a midfielder, there’s surely no point keeping Phillips if he’s pushed back even further in line.
The most likely scenario is he is testing for better offers before accepting.

Frankly if we have 22-23 year old high draft pick midfielders worrying about being displaced by an 18 year old then the draft is the least of our worries.

When are the delistings being announced?
View attachment 2094287
All exit meetings should have been done by now so l would think North are waiting on players from teams in finals to finish before announcing most delistings as they might have to keep a few who they would have normally delist....

l would guess early next week it will start...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back