Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

The most likely scenario is he is testing for better offers before accepting.
It's smart to at least kick the tyres, if nothing else to figure out how the market values you, even if your plan/want is to stay with your current team. Everyone has an idea of what they are worth, but does that line up with external perceptions?

If Will does want to stay at the Roos beyond 2025, assuming other posters are accurate and he has a 1-year deal on low dollars on the table, it makes sense to get an idea of what he is worth now on the open market, and compare that to what he might be looking at for 2026 (again, assuming he makes a fist of it and improves enough to deserve another contract).

It's smart to at least kick the tyres, if nothing else to figure out how the market values you, even if your plan/want is to stay with your current team. Everyone has an idea of what they are worth, but does that line up with external perceptions?

If Will does want to stay at the Roos beyond 2025, assuming other posters are accurate and he has a 1-year deal on low dollars on the table, it makes sense to get an idea of what he is worth now on the open market, and compare that to what he might be looking at for 2026 (again, assuming he makes a fist of it and improves enough to deserve another contract).

Well yes of course and if he does stay he's a 4/5 games of 30 plus disposals away from a big payday. Or he's cooked should he stay and continue as before.

No its not especially if the club descides not to play him eventhough his form deserves it. The mental strain in him would not help during next season. He needs 2 year, to at least not think about it when playing.
He's welcome to take 2 years elsewhere if he can get it. Candidly, I think he's a lucky boy to still be on our list.

The same bloke that said Jaidyn was retiring was the one that said he'd signed on.
My sauce says he and finnbar been offered contract extensions, harvey and sellers got the chop,,,,didn't mention if he'd actually signed or anything re others or sleevo retirement rumours. No mention by the sycophantic media suggests he's either signed or there's zero interest from other clubs.

oh boy so signed for minimum wages, which is fair enough and lets hope he can salvage what has been a very underwhelming career to date.

I'll go easy on him and posters, as long as I don't read he's better than Simpkin. That is a bridge too far.
Hopefully rocks up in some sort of condition to play footy.

Hopefully rocks up in some sort of condition to play footy.

Absolutely JY it's embarrassing how he turns out for an AFL footballer, pushed off the ball at VFL level.
Hopefully the fire has been lit, as his best offer was 12 months on min wages lol.

This is 100% on him, 4 years in the system. And he;s done **** all.

True story that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely JY it's embarrassing how he turns out for an AFL footballer, pushed off the ball at VFL level.
Hopefully the fire has been lit, as his best offer was 12 months on min wages lol.

True story that
What? 4 years in the system? F*ck you should have mentioned it sooner!

Finally we can let things settle . l'm just hoping that he's not going to be used as a top up player if he is playing well in the vfl. He told me he felt that "all he wanted was 1 more full preseason" so now its up to him...

True story that
He's got a big off season and 12 months to turn it around. I'm hoping he does. LDU didn't exactly have his best year until 5 or 6 years into the system did he? It's up to Will to grab the last chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back