Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s okay Will, it’s not your fault you didn’t play at Hawthorn for 40 years and get special treatment from the coach
If you've got time to scribble on here take the time and watch Will's game on the weekend and you should get an understanding as to why he's not playing.

If you've got time to scribble on here take the time and watch Will's game on the weekend and you should get an understanding as to why he's not playing.

I saw the one before, that was enough. It’s a pity we drop players who crack in.

I didn't say well. Don't really rate him at all but the coaches have a much better idea of who offers what and balancing a team.
lol "he can play multiple positions" implies some level of a ability, 5 touches is a shit load lower than "well"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got an uneasy feeling that the club will want to trade Will.

Reckon they'll look for a 2nd or 3rd rounder or outside chance trade him for a needs player (eg tall forward) not getting a game elsewhere.

Maybe finds himself in the same spot that Clarkson found himself 30 years ago.

Hope I'm wrong and we keep him.
Agree KC.

Don’t want him to go but, could see him ending up at Geelong maybe a swap for DeKoning if he’s looking elsewhere?..

Agree KC.

Don’t want him to go but, could see him ending up at Geelong maybe a swap for DeKoning if he’s looking elsewhere?..

Is there another De Koning or you're talking about the key position premiership player, voted Geelong best young player in a premiership year...that fella?

Yeah, easy. No worries.

Fair dinkum.

You’re saying he didn’t put his best foot forward in the preseason. I get it. Even if that’s your opinion, there’s no getting back from there?
Probably not. He wasn't good last year and he's regressed this year. He's not playing because he's not good enough, that's not just my opinion, it's backed with facts. It's not just our coaches not rating his performances it's the opposition's.

Is there another De Koning or you're talking about the key position premiership player, voted Geelong best young player in a premiership year...that fella?

Yeah, easy. No worries.

Fair dinkum.
Yeah you’re right.

They’ll need to throw in Brad Close as a sweetener ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back