Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Pink, Zurhaar, Comben, Sheils, McDonald, Tucker, Simpkin are all well ahead of Will in terms of criticism for today’s loss.

Does that make Will exempt from criticism?. I’ve posted about every name on that list other than Pink and Tucker, who are afterthoughts.

Clarko obviously doesn’t trust him in there - put a busted up Harry in there instead at the end.
Would of been the perfect player to shut it down in there

I trust Phillips in the midfield more than I trust Clarkson in the coaches box at the moment.
The only improvement I see is Sheezel in the middle, and that move was only made after the media called for it every week (including King refusing to even discuss North) until it happened.

Just needs to get the disposals up to around the 20 mark which would be average. He's averaging 4.6 tackles a game which is above average. 8 today is elite.

Rowbottom, granted he's more athletic than Will, averages 20 disposals and 7.6 tackles per game. He attends every CBA for Sydney and lets Heeney, Gulden and Warner do their thing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Does that make Will exempt from criticism?. I’ve posted about every name on that list other than Pink and Tucker, who are afterthoughts.
He’s by no means exempt from criticism. My frustration stems from the usual suspects that post in here straight after the game taking the first opportunity to pot him.

Reminds me of Brad Sewell

16 disposals, 8 tackles, went at 86% efficiency and was barely on the ground

I think only over 60% TOG

issue with his game.

Just needs to get the disposals up to around the 20 mark which would be average. He's averaging 4.6 tackles a game which is above average. 8 today is elite.

Rowbottom, granted he's more athletic than Will, averages 20 disposals and 7.6 tackles per game. He attends every CBA for Sydney and lets Heeney, Gulden and Warner do their thing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Good call. He can get there. And his hb is a point of difference. If colby goes in to cba and we get another elite mid, who will do the distributing. The balance is important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he improve next pre-season when he hasn't in any of the others?
Are you serious?

The accumulation of pre seasons and footy will only harden him up and allow his tank to build.

Ridiculous to think that a pre season wouldn’t present an opportunity to get better for a bloke on his early 20’s.

Ridiculous assertion.

He seems like a nice kid, but he is also a lazy list clogger. Surely we can put a line through him after 42 games. Simply hasn't improved his fitness, or any part of his game, since joining the club. Time to have a look at others we may want to make a call on before the end of the year.
What part of LMacs game has improved after 201 game? ….asking for a friend.

Are you serious?

The accumulation of pre seasons and footy will only harden him up and allow his tank to build.

Ridiculous to think that a pre season wouldn’t present an opportunity to get better for a bloke on his early 20’s.

Ridiculous assertion.
Why would it be ridiculous to think? He completed a full pre season this year and his tank and performances have gone backwards.

Are you serious?

Ridiculous assertion.
Theoretically, yes. In practice we haven't seen any improvement from him at all. Four years on the list and he still looks and plays like he did when he was a schoolboy. How long does he get?

Clarko obviously doesn’t trust him in there - put a busted up Harry in there instead at the end.
Would of been the perfect player to shut it down in there
You’re talking about the same bloke that made ZD sub and kept him there for all but 8 minutes, only to shove him in a pocket and render him useless.
Who and what he trusts atm doesn’t really hold any cred.

Well actually the popular consensus is it was lmacs fault, or pinks if your names nostra but play on....
Pink made some shocking errors in the last half. Could point to three that cost us goals in a game we lost by one goal. Not the only one, however they were pretty basic errors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back