Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

No more drafting of guys without a tank full stop! They don’t have to be elite in this area but atleast not miles behind to start with.

Some can improve to the required level but a lot don’t.

No more drafting of guys without a tank full stop! They don’t have to be elite in this area but atleast not miles behind to start with.

Some can improve to the required level but a lot don’t.

It's definitely a trend now. Seems the blokes without a tank struggle to catch up, because it's not like the 17-18 year olds who worked their ass off to be able to run like that as juniors slack off. They keep improving as well.

Elijah Hollands & Logan McDonald much much > than WillPhil unfortunately… the last of our draft selections heck ups I hope … it’s been good since then 👍

LOl yeah I know but someone has to be sensible and flat bat away the dreams , wishes and excuses man :p

Now I've another post bloody heck!
Pretty sure your man junk yard has that well in hand 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few big tackles, but his usually clean disposal was missing today.

Think he gets a one year deal. Then attach him to Jy’s hip for the pre-season so he can get his running capacity to an AFL standard.

Was thinking the same until today. He just doesn't add anything to the team. He is out of contract at a time where there are probably a few who should go before him but have the all important ink on the paper.

When he went on a run through the middle I thought my rank arena had a glitch. I hadn’t seen a player that slow since Justin Maddens famous run and bounce.

And I didn’t realize how shallow his kicking is.

He laid a couple of great tackles but sheesh highly doubt there’s an AFL quality footballer in there.

Thank god Logan McDonald isnt staring or else this would really sting.

Dont think WhilPhil is all that bad of a player he just isnt all that good either.

His lockdown tagging has been superb but its his general ground play that lets him down so badly.

I really want the guy to make it but its not looking strong.

Few big tackles, but his usually clean disposal was missing today.

Think he gets a one year deal. Then attach him to Jy’s hip for the pre-season so he can get his running capacity to an AFL standard.
Thats all Jy has, a tank. If Phillips was as fit as jy, he’d be unstoppable.. lets face it, he has a plethora of football ability compared to our Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back