List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

And if we finish bottom 2 again in 2025, you can rely on pup sucking the clubs **** because a couple of players had breakout seasons whilst our unbalanced list was flogged to no end...

Rawling and Clayton's are the worst list manager/recruitment combo in the league...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't mind finishing bottom 3-4 if we double the amount of wins.
3/23 isn't good enough.

That might be true but how does that change the fact that we have drafted fantastic the last 3-4 years It doesn't
List management isn't just the ND.

Take into account all the resources our list management has had at their disposal(the same as every club), and it looks average. Now view the list composition, and the 's we have signed to multi year deals, and it starts looking worse again.

List management as a whole has been.a tick below par imho.

Can’t say I’m thrilled about darling. He is not a leader and he has been cooked for 2 years. I know we need maturity, but we can do better.

Reeks of maturity for maturity’s sake.

I can stomach it if we get Rosas.
Yeah I'm a bit meh on it.

Said like a true supporter.
What's this 'true supporter' nonsense?

I pay a full family membership every season and live in Cairns. I tipped in every year to the clubs debt. I decline the scarves, hats, etc.

The club owes me a ****ing competitive team. I've done my part.

Take into account all the resources our list management has had at their disposal(the same as every club), and it looks average. Now view the list composition, and the 's we have signed to multi year deals, and it starts looking worse again.

Totally agree with you our trading has been well below par. But my posts all of them have been about the draft not about our trading in of players.

What's this 'true supporter' nonsense?

I pay a full family membership every season and live in Cairns. I tipped in every year to the clubs debt. I decline the scarves, hats, etc.

The club owes me a ****ing competitive team. I've done my part.

Well there you go i also live in Cairns no lie and have been a member since the 70s and i don't believe that the club owes me anything

I don't mind finishing bottom 3-4 if we double the amount of wins.
3/23 isn't good enough.
If we can simply have consistent defensive output that puts us in 80% of games, the fan base will be happy seeing the needle move in a positive direction...

If we finish with 6 wins and 10 floggings we are never in, it'll be a disaster.

It’s been negligent, it wasn’t that long ago we had bonar lining up on H.McKay cause we lacked anyone over 190cm

How many spuds have we signed to multi year deals?

Well there you go i also live in Cairns no lie and have been a member since the 70s and i don't believe that the club owes me anything
Expectations are different for everyone.

When I see no return on investment, I stop investing until I see indicators that suggest otherwise. I am HODL'ing atm.

The ball is literally in the clubs court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if we finish bottom 2 again in 2025, you can rely on pup sucking the clubs **** because a couple of players had breakout seasons whilst our unbalanced list was flogged to no end...

Rawling and Clayton's are the worst list manager/recruitment combo in the league...

Good job we have Thursfield then...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Expectations are different for everyone.

When I see no return on investment, I stop investing until I see indicators that suggest otherwise. I am HODL'ing atm.

The ball is literally in the clubs court.

This year was the regression we had to have.
Losing all that experience was always going to end badly.
We desperately need leadership.
Imo Simpson and lmac are not up to it and just naming some kid because they play well is not the answer. You risk a rozzee type form slump.
Idk how we fix that. A few more senior voices will help but my concern is our 24-27 year olds have ingrained bad habits. Those will be harder to fix.

Stephens, Fish, LMac, and CCJ.

Simpkin is unfairly maligned on here, but his contract wasn't the best either. 2029 ffs.

Fish isn't a spud. LMac was B&F holder when he signed. He's certainly gone downhill this season but people on this board have been blaming him for things he hasn't done for years. (A bit like the way they'd blame Atley for Higgo's turnovers.)

CCJ is a disaster and I'd have said the same about Stephens three months ago but now I'm wondering if he might come good.

One thing about Lmac and Jy's contracts is the flow on effect to guys like Sheezel, Larkey, X and LDU if he signs. Good players committing long term is one of the few signs of real stability we've had since 2018.

That is your choice of course how long have you been a member for.
13 years in a row, but all up, I've been a member for roughly 25 years with a couple of breaks in between due to travelling and unemployment in my younger days.

Fish isn't a spud. LMac was B&F holder when he signed. He's certainly gone downhill this season but people on this board have been blaming him for things he hasn't done for years. (A bit like the way they'd blame Atley for Higgo's turnovers.)

CCJ is a disaster and I'd have said the same about Stephens three months ago but now I'm wondering if he might come good.

One thing about Lmac and Jy's contracts is the flow on effect to guys like Sheezel, Larkey, X and LDU if he signs. Good players committing long term is one of the few signs of real stability we've had since 2018.
Fish is a limited footballer of varying usefulness. I'd like to see him as a small fwd as he is a liability at hb.

There was no real need to extend jy and silver to such long deals. Neither were going anywhere.

Jy is the only player on that list I'd trust in a final.

13 years in a row, but all up, I've been a member for roughly 25 years with a couple of breaks in between due to travelling and unemployment in my younger days.

Then you have been a member for way to long to just throw it away. Good times will come around again sooner than you realize.

Then you have been a member for way to long to just throw it away. Good times will come around again sooner than you realize.
I'm still here...

I'm sick of being a ****ing joke. Clarko needs to set minimum standards for effort and commitment, and the players need to make a stand.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back