Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Might’ve been 15. He looked like a disabled kid with a special entry in the Stawell gift.
If you're just saying 15 for effect that's fine, we both know its 4.5-5m and Phillips slows and steadies himself to kick.

He ran a 2.92 over 20 metres at the combine.

That’s not just quick but fast.
I wasnt there for the combine. He either jumped the start or has lost a yard. If he was quick he wouldn't be in and out the team, even with his lack of tank. There's no vision of Will running quickly related to footy.

I wasnt there for the combine. He either jumped the start or has lost a yard. If he was quick he wouldn't be in and out the team, even with his lack of tank. There's no vision of Will running quickly related to footy.

Jumped the start? Serious dude.

He looks a little heavy through the legs. Wouldn’t mind seeing him trim down a little.

He’s also not that fit , which would prevent him from hitting his top pace.

But getting back to the original point, he has decent forward craft and a good defensive mindset. We could do worse than looking at this for 2025.

Guys like Jack Higgins aren’t super quick, but can find the goals.

It isn't that, it just means he has some power to get to top speed quickly. Daniel Harris is one of my favourite players and he ran 2.93 but outside of the first 10-20m he couldn't chase anyone down.

Will is not slow and he is not fast, he is just average paced. The issue in our midfield is that isn't uncommon, hence the pressure on his spot.

Daniel Harris was a much better clearance mid but his lack of a tank and overall pace shortened his career. And that was at a time where speed was less important than today. That is the cautionary tale.

Definitely. Surely we're all concerned that his tank is worse this year than last? He had an uninterrupted pre season and has gone backwards. He's not put in the required work or he's cooked.

Or else his tank isn't actually worse this year than last, but it's just you making up bullshit to continue your petty, churlish vendetta against a player in a failed attempt to make yourself look smart.

Or else his tank isn't actually worse this year than last, but it's just you making up bullshit to continue your petty, churlish vendetta against a player in a failed attempt to make yourself look smart.
You're doing that for me you idiot. He played two or three league games last year that were better than anything he's produced in the VFL this year. That's a fact, he's only tagged once or twice in the VFL and he's definitely been hunting the ball. He can't get to contests and can't spread and receive. I didn't rate his last season but he was noticeably better and the stats back that up too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're doing that for me you idiot. He played two or three league games last year that were better than anything he's produced in the VFL this year. That's a fact, he's only tagged once or twice in the VFL and he's definitely been hunting the ball. He can't get to contests and can't spread and receive. I didn't rate his last season but he was noticeably better and the stats back that up too.

Giggle.

Have a bex and a lie down, you're getting over-excited.

Great response fool. Do you even watch football?

God no, why would I waste my time doing that?

I get my football opinions from the brilliant football analysts like yourself who post here. I especially like those who post an opinion ad nauseum and refuse to back down despite facts changing that might warrant a change of opinion. Being that stubborn shows true character in my opinion, none of this namby-pamby conceding you might have been wrong stuff - that's for soyboys. Stick to your guns in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary, that's what I admire.

It's why I'm such a fan of you and Nostra, and it's how I know WilPhil and Baliey Scott were terrible on Saturday.

God no, why would I waste my time doing that?

I get my football opinions from the brilliant football analysts like yourself who post here. I especially like those who post an opinion ad nauseum and refuse to back down despite facts changing that might warrant a change of opinion. Being that stubborn shows true character in my opinion, none of this namby-pamby conceding you might have been wrong stuff - that's for soyboys. Stick to your guns in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary, that's what I admire.

It's why I'm such a fan of you and Nostra, and it's how I know WilPhil and Baliey Scott were terrible on Saturday.
Again, personal instead of proving a point with facts or stats. I've said he did a good job for a half on daicos and did a job on the fat crackhead. I'm happy to praise Will if he plays a good game. Do you not agree that he played at least two better games in the one's last year that were better than any two's game he's put up this year??? Or you just wanna trade insults?

Again, personal instead of proving a point with facts or stats. I've said he did a good job for a half on daicos and did a job on the fat crackhead. I'm happy to praise Will if he plays a good game. Do you not agree that he played at least two better games in the one's last year that were better than any two's game he's put up this year??? Or you just wanna trade insults?

I'd rather trade insults if your idea of a balanced view (for which you're patting yourself on the back, LOL) is "he did a good job for a half on daicos and did a job on the fat crackhead".

I don't rate your opinion on "better games" this year v last, as you've shown an inability to pull back from the negative.

But hey, you keep pumping up your own tyres as to how reasonable you're being.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back