• No

Votes: 22 13.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Why is this even a question?

Votes: 24 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got the advantage defensively, but they got the advantage in the middle. Interesting to see how this plays out. If Kennedy kicks 4. We win.

Whoever wins. They got to be secretly confident about taking it to GWS next week. They looked pretty horrible last night.

We've got the advantage defensively, but they got the advantage in the middle. Interesting to see how this plays out. If Kennedy kicks 4. We win.

Whoever wins. They got to be secretly confident about taking it to GWS next week. They looked pretty horrible last night.
It's funny how everyone mocks us for flat tracking. GWS are a bunch of frontrunners just like us. Obviously they have more talent than us but as soon as pressure is applied their gameplan falls to bits. If we make it through to week 2 it'd be a good idea not to use our zone. Just man on man, pressure the ball carrier.

It's funny how everyone mocks us for flat tracking. GWS are a bunch of frontrunners just like us. Obviously they have more talent than us but as soon as pressure is applied their gameplan falls to bits. If we make it through to week 2 it'd be a good idea not to use our zone. Just man on man, pressure the ball carrier.
We aint flat trackers anymore. Years gone by we would get into the 8 without beating a top 8 side, this year we have beaten Adelaide, Sydney, Port and Geelong, with close ones against the Tigers and Giants.

Yeah the entire flat track bully label is for posters who don't really know much about footy. We obviously haven't been this year. Port would be more flat track this year.

Yeah the entire flat track bully label is for posters who don't really know much about footy. We obviously haven't been this year. Port would be more flat track this year.
Yeah was talking about how we were a few years ago. Fast forward 2 years and there are multiple teams with a very close comparison to our "flat tracking" days. There are only a few teams in the comp that take the favourites tag, embrace it and stand up in big games. Sydney, Hawks in their prime and possibly 2017 Adelaide. Every other team has off days every second week.

Look at this weeks finals matchups. Apart from the Syd/Ess one. Geelong Richmond, both have a habit of bottling big games (Geelong to a lesser extent) Port WCE, one is the definition of flat track this season and the other is prone to whole quarter fade outs. Complacency seems to be a pretty big issue with everyone. It's turning into a bit of a "luck of the draw" with who turns up, and if neither do then it's a **** game of football to watch.

I think Petrie's last ever game for Norf was at Adelaide Oval in a final. From memory he had a poor one too (to cap off a poor year where he was delisted). Was surprised to get him but great that he now gets a chance at redemption!

Also Jetta, Redden, and Duggan's first final for us. Partington possibly.

Get excited! Please don't get smashed.

There's a show called 'Men Don't Cry' on NITV at 8:30 AEST. Might be handy after your game against Sydney.
Maybe true, atleast Sydney V Ess will supply SOME entertainment. As for ****** TV, it's the best channel to watch.

Got me. In all seriousness should be a good to fair encounter.
Eagles don't have Nic Nat, Port have Ryder. Good luck.
Well we haven't had Nic Nat all year so hopefully we are now used to it.

Well we haven't had Nic Nat all year so hopefully we are now used to it.
I'm a one eyed Nic Nat fan, miss seeing him on the ground, so yes, I was aware, good luck.
PS. you barrack for Syd. I'll go Port and hope we break even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a one eyed Nic Nat fan, miss seeing him on the ground, so yes, I was aware, good luck.
PS. you barrack for Syd. I'll go Port and hope we break even.
I'm only going for Sydney as I have a rather decent bet on them when they floated out to large odds.

Maybe true, atleast Sydney V Ess will supply SOME entertainment. As for fellow TV, it's the best channel to watch.
Righto. Sydney was probably the one certainty to win in the first week of the finals, with Sloane out (for Adelaide). Glad you're looking forward to an Essendon flogging as entertainment.

Rest assured the mental disintegration each ch[arcoal&]'ochre bar Haynes displayed on Thursday night will not be repeated regardless of which one of us ventures yonder Spotless, nor how hard we hit them.

It's one thing to get comprehensively outplayed by a superior side on the day - the Crows were clever, clean and relentless - but quite another to have everyone from Ward, Shaw and Davis down to their youngsters look visibly shook in the form of copious fumbling, uncharacteristic groundball avoidance and basement-calibre decision-making, workrate and skill execution. Hyperbole be damned, Israel Folau looked more assured in their early triple-figure annihilations than a handful of Giants did in that QF.

We should be so lucky in 7 days time.

There'll be stages where, be it you or us, we'll be scrambling to hit mute between the commentary team's GWS-circlejerk and the Harlem Globetrotters themesong serving as background accompaniment.

In any case, here's to a cracker tonight.

Please just be competitive. Don't expect miracles, but if we put in maximum effort and Port are still too good, at least we lose nobly. I want to see the kind of desperate we saw 2 weeks ago. Bring that and I think we can shut them down. Let's turn off the Power at the Adelaide Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Elimination Final: West Coast Vs Port Adelaide

Back