Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

With Bews being interviewed about his plans for taming Charlie Cameron it sounds like he's already been given the nod for the team. It's strange the way Geelong sometimes drip feeds selection details ahead of big matches. Bews is on the fringe, is it really a good idea to let your opposition know about your plans before they need to know?

Have you ever thought the perfect player to do all the Press in finals, is the player who wont have anything bigger on his mind? Time on his hands to be the red herring and a likely sub at best.

Scott on one of the footy shows was saying Stewart is back, SDK they're still undecided, Hawkins & Guthrie are no for this week, likewise Rohan but all potentially right next week.

I'm tipping just Stewart back.
God he's good at this.

Keep 'em guessing Scotty, maybe we WILL play two players who haven't played AFL football in 3-4 months in a Grand Final.

Why not?

Kingy suggesting it’s a best team vs best coach game. Said Brisbane had 9 top 20 picks in the draft last game vs cats 1…. Lions best team in it but not against Chris Scott…..
Robbo suggesting King has personal vendetta against Fagan….
Well yeah king has said all season if Scott was coaching the lions then …..
If it’s a stoppage game King suggests Geelong will get it done…… hmmmm
Game on!

Kingy suggesting it’s a best team vs best coach game. Said Brisbane had 9 top 20 picks in the draft last game vs cats 1…. Lions best team in it but not against Chris Scott…..
Game on!

You mentioned King 4 times, and the only time I stomached it was when you failed to give him a capital letter.
Don't edit.

Jordan Lewis on 360 discussing ending winning streaks in reference to port and swans, he suggests swans have little to worry about as none of ports wins have been in finals matches. He then calmly tries to rewrite history as he references the ‘Kennett curse’ being the prime example of this.. Gerard sits there just wanting to correct him but plays the ever professional host

Game on!
I'm starting to think you're actually David King

Jordan Lewis on 360 discussing ending winning streaks in reference to port and swans, he suggests swans have little to worry about as none of ports wins have been in finals matches. He then calmly tries to rewrite history as he references the ‘Kennett curse’ being the prime example of this.. Gerard sits there just wanting to correct him but plays the ever professional host
Yeah 2011 QF but not a knockout final, but Lewis trying to be a hawks w***er which he does well at….

Scott best coach …… when did this narrative start? Since clarko joined kangaroos? Hardwick to suns?
Get it done best coach….!
Bloody media …..
Media think half our team are spuds therefore it simply has to be coaching that we're in a prelim.

Listening to Scott talking about the young players has me more convinced than ever he struggles with the idea of playing the kids even if it is for the best.

Said on Lawson, with a low pick or rookie pick like him you’re just waiting on a fault. He wasn’t showing any and was basically told he had to play him.
Dempsey was hardly in the plans at the start of the year.
He admitted Mannagh who brings the energy of a 18yo should never have gone back to VFL.

I like him as a coach but it’s tough to get a start. Need a bit of luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I picked up on that. He went with the "those games against Geelong were all H&A".

Hawks fans and players share a collective amnesia of the 2011 QF.

If SDK gets selected it's because of "horses for courses".

The team has been going pretty bloody well without him and while he is an important player, I'd be surprised if they shoehorn him in purely because he's available again.

No need to upset the applecart
Remember how you felt when hearing Stewart was out for the QF..?

And we covered it amazingly. I think we can cover SDK if need be like you stated. 😎

He admitted Mannagh who brings the energy of a 18yo should never have gone back to VFL.

I like him as a coach but it’s tough to get a start. Need a bit of luck.
Not seeing Mannagh in the seniors until this year was a massive misstep by the club in my opinion.

Not trying to shit on the club, and hindsight is 20/20. But he has literally dominated this year. He was responsible for 5 goals in a final against Port. Let that sink in.

A kid who can't get a game for years, gets to play his first final, and creates 5 goals.

Makes you feel like he would've made a significant difference last year and could've potentially helped us make the 8.

If he'd found a way into the AFL system earlier, he'd be an elite AA gun player.

Here's to hoping we haven't missed out on his best footy.

Not seeing Mannagh in the seniors until this year was a massive misstep by the club in my opinion.

Not trying to shit on the club, and hindsight is 20/20. But he has literally dominated this year. He was responsible for 5 goals in a final against Port. Let that sink in.

A kid who can't get a game for years, gets to play his first final, and creates 5 goals.

Makes you feel like he would've made a significant difference last year and could've potentially helped us make the 8.

If he'd found a way into the AFL system earlier, he'd be an elite AA gun player.

Yeah good call but saying it’s a mistake by this club is ballsy.

They’re a lot closer to it than we are.

We went all in on Sam Simpson too.

Good morning melt day I'm consined to to the fact that no matter who the selectors pick this evening I will not be happy I want to play 25 players maybe even 26 it's all too hard **** it I'm going fishing have fun.

This is why you're up at the crack of dawn and the MC are sleeping soundly in their beds.
Happy Fishing! ;)

He wasn’t on our list last year.

So not sure you can argue the point that he could have helped us last year.

For this year, him being dropped to the VFL - even he states that he needed to work on some things in the VFL - which he did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back