Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the wrong way to look at it as their kicks are so risk averse. KPDs take the safest option possible and Bews mostly chips it or bombs it to a pack.

But if you see the names around either it's not like they're alone. Every team has them. Kolo is only memorable because sometimes he short circuits in finals or in really damaging parts of the field. Then Bews for the odd OOF.
Bews isn't a terrible ball user, he just very rarely gets it in the first place.

He is being replaced by someone less capable. That's all that matters. Staggering really.
Maybe. Understand the opinion but not 100% sure.

Personally I would put SDK instead of Mullin as insurance against the ruck or Danniher going nuts…but my opinion doesnt have much sway it seems with the MC who read BF!

Either way I am hoping this is around the margin and we have a good enough squad to advance

anyone have suspicions of a late change? in:dekoning out:stewart
I don’t think Stewart will go out. For all of CS “games” it is rare we name someone to come back in and they then don’t play.

What I wouldn’t be surprised at is if we have a late change with SDK in and Mullin out. Again maybe that is wishful thinking on my behalf but…

I'm not sure Kolodjashnij has ever really been as bad as he's been made out to be

Here's the 2024 turnover averages filtered by defenders - JK ranks at 153

View attachment 2115404

As for Bews - he ranks at 223 with 231 the end of the list

View attachment 2115406

If those two are turnover merchants, I'd hate to see how a few others a classified
Need to combine the metres gained measure with the turnover rate to get a better idea of kolos kicking abilities. He takes much less risk than others.

L. Neale?

We'd likely playing Atkins against him, especially when he lines up in the guts

Not sure we're going to change our midfield structure to accommodate Mullin matching on Neale

Also thinking Zorko is a more likely match up for Mullin
I was more insinuating that if Lachie Neale plays, we won’t just let him run around without a tag

I don’t think Stewart will go out. For all of CS “games” it is rare we name someone to come back in and they then don’t play.

What I wouldn’t be surprised at is if we have a late change with SDK in and Mullin out. Again maybe that is wishful thinking on my behalf but…
I'll believe Stewat is playing when final teams are announced.

You'd think he should be good to go by now... But yeah I can't be fully sure unless I see otherwise or someone in here tells me they have seen him training at full intensity with the main group.

Opposition teams would put a massive amount of time preparing for Stewart so we will name him even if we know he isn't going to play (like we did v Port).

Finger crossed he plays, dominates and we win.

He is being replaced by someone less capable. That's all that matters. Staggering really.
You had us playing one short with Mullin in the side against Poort. Turned out ok. Has attributes Tuohy maybe once got close to. That’s all that matters. Staggering really.

Good luck Cats fans. Can only wish my team was still in it.

If anyone is interested I have x 3 official Grand Final Packages to sell. Includes fully catered Grand final breakfast at Melbourne Convention Centre plus Level 1 reserved seats to game. All 3 tickets together. Looking to sell at Face Value.

If anyone is interested I have x 3 official Grand Final Packages to sell. Includes fully catered Grand final breakfast at Melbourne Convention Centre plus Level 1 reserved seats to game. All 3 tickets together. Looking to sell at Face Value.
Scamming? Come on be honest.

Scamming? Come on be honest.
No mate all legit and official. Purchased through North Melbourne Football Club half way during year when i thought my boys would be a chance. Sadly no longer - so happy for someone else to enjoy them who's team is there, but would of course like to get my money back.

At the time, I remember feeling bad for Mullin because he had done everything right both positionally and in the contest from a horrible position under the ball no small defender wants to find themselves in only for JHF to recover quicker and dribble a nice goal. Mullin is a nuisance who won't go away which we can use to full effect tomorrow night
I loved that play on the wing where JHF tried to baulk Mullin and run past him, only for Mullin to get a hand on his jumper and make him handpass it. He also took him out of play on the boundary with a front on tackle. You notice these things.

That may be a slight overreaction to things

It's unfortunate timing with Sam's injury, but I doubt we were ever going to go with 4 KPD options in adding him to the trio of Blicavs, Henry & Kolodjashnij

The most susceptible of the trio would likely have been Blicavs, except that he's found form in his return to defence and playing his best football all season - could maybe shift him back to the midfield but not sure what role he'd play there

I think this comment from Henry also gives support to Blicavs staying in defence

The other position we've seen SDK play this year is in the ruck, but Stanley has barely put a foot wrong since his late season return - add in that he's clunking marks around the ground, he's hitting the scoreboard for the first time in years and he's bringing an m aggression to the role, he would have been extremely stiff to be omitted - especially having watched Sam's efforts against Southport where he seemed to be going through the motions at times rather then pushing his case for selection

The unfortunate thing about this time of year is that there's always going to be hard luck stories, and right now that would look to be Sam & Zach. We know that Zach is retiring come seasons end, but if this is enough for Sam to decide that he wants to be traded, then that says a bit about him

Besides all that, the final team hasn't been named yet - so maybe those guys will get their chance

Quoted comment is from this article - https://www.krock.com.au/national/geelong-cats/history-no-guide-henry/
SDK gets worried about his injuries and is careful with his recovery. I think he doesnt trust his body and then it becomes a pyschological thing and he goes into his shell and almost goes through the motions, being careful when he competes, and is off with his timing and aggression. You cant have that in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mate all legit and official. Purchased through North Melbourne Football Club half way during year when i thought my boys would be a chance. Sadly no longer - so happy for someone else to enjoy them who's team is there, but would of course like to get my money back.

We did try to tell Carlton fans mid-season that flags aren't won in June.

Imagine if thst was us tonight to get to a game.

Lots of frustrated Port fans at the airport after a Sydney-bound Qantas flight put on for the prelim was cancelled w/out explanation an hour before take-off.

Many now having to go via Canberra.

What’s face value..?

You had us playing one short with Mullin in the side against Poort. Turned out ok. Has attributes Tuohy maybe once got close to. That’s all that matters. Staggering really.
Duncan.

Stop responding to me on Mullin.
I don't rate him as being ready, reminds me of 2012-14 Blicavs.

Far more reasonable than dropping Duncan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back