Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Blicavs wasn't playing as a tall in his primary role. Also he wasn't on the wing, he was a stoppage midfielder.

Our structure is identical to 2022 for tall/small roles. One player just can't play as a "small" anymore (Blicavs).
Yeah the Blics Cheat Code has gone. He’s not quick enough for the midfield anymore. Has been very good since returning to defence though

Imagine if thst was us tonight to get to a game.

Lots of frustrated Port fans at the airport after a Sydney-bound Qantas flight put on for the prelim was cancelled w/out explanation an hour before take-off.

Many now having to go via Canberra.

Always fly at least one day before and make a holiday of it

I was more insinuating that if Lachie Neale plays, we won’t just let him run around without a tag
Mullin isn't just a tag, he checks close and takes his job seriously, but he spreads very well offensively. There is zero chance that Neale or Zorko have the legspeed to defend Mullin if there is a turnover.

Managed to secure a couple of tickets M55 row A
Says they are restricted view..
Anyone have an idea why??

Yesterday I purchased a ticket for the Matilda's game at KP in Dec

I got a seat in A6 row 4, at $45 because it's restricted view

Same bay but towards the back or the bays either side & also towards the back are $100 each

All I can think of is that with soccer they often have the digital screens on the field to help form the rectangle shape and not have these open wings all the way back from the playing field - so maybe being a bit closer, there's some thought that those screens could impact viewing compared to sitting further back

For a $50+ dollar discount, I'll take it

Thinking it's likely to be something similar with you with potentially a camera or other fitting in the way - agree with a later comment of yours that I'd rather that than the nose bleeds

Yesterday I purchased a ticket for the Matilda's game at KP in Dec

I got a seat in A6 row 4, at $45 because it's restricted view

Same bay but towards the back or the bays either side & also towards the back are $100 each

All I can think of is that with soccer they often have the digital screens on the field to help form the rectangle shape and not have these open wings all the way back from the playing field - so maybe being a bit closer, there's some thought that those screens could impact viewing compared to sitting further back

For a $50+ dollar discount, I'll take it

Thinking it's likely to be something similar with you with potentially a camera or other fitting in the way - agree with a later comment of yours that I'd rather that than the nose bleeds
What a great way to waste money, spend it to watch a women’s soccer game!😂

Maybe. Understand the opinion but not 100% sure.

Personally I would put SDK instead of Mullin as insurance against the ruck or Danniher going nuts…but my opinion doesnt have much sway it seems with the MC who read BF!

Either way I am hoping this is around the margin and we have a good enough squad to advance
I hope he succeeds and I see no reason why he can't be a good future prospect. He just worries me in the senior team in a knock out final.

I was quietly confident against Port but I am feeling a bit pessimistic about this week and more so as the week goes on. Just feel like Brisbane might find a way -there’s a few omens I don’t like; hopefully it’s just the prelim week devil whispering bad thoughts in my ear..
I'm a bit with you.

I was doing the whole "goat entrails" thing this morning, and if I'm perfectly honest, the signs didn't look great. And that doesn't even take into consideration the goat's owner (neighbour) who appeared none too happy about things! (Couldn't quite tell if that was the omens, or the goat).

My neighbour on the other side keeps chickens. Maybe they'll portend better things...I'll get back to you in a bit.

;)

Am I the only one who’s not nervous?! I don’t know if that’s a good thing either bc in the past when I’ve felt this way we’ve lost and when I’ve been a tad nervous, we win!

Winning in in 2022 has done the same for me. The pressure was released that day, and knowing we were the best side that year only compounded the nerves.

This is probably weird to say, but this year is a free hit in a way. No one expected us to contend, while going through a transition phase and our form throughout the year hardly shouted flag contender.

Having said that, the butterflies have already begun ahead of tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning in in 2022 has done the same for me. The pressure was released that day, and knowing we were the best side that year only compounded the nerves.

This is probably weird to say, but this year is a free hit in a way. No one expected us to contend, while going through a transition phase and our form throughout the year hardly shouted flag contender.

Having said that, the butterflies have already begun ahead of tomorrow.
Stuff the free hits, we’re close now, got to take advantage of it especially when imo no team stands out.
We never know when an opportunity like this happens again.
I’m greedy, greedy for more flags. The more we get that more I want.

Bit of a silly comment this.
Any coach who coaches a team to consistently play finals and gets to a Grand Final is a good coach.
They only just fell short last year.
It is not silly at all.

With the list at his disposal he has underachieved. He gets coached off the park most weeks.

Too few for mine. Kolo and Bewsy are not AFL standard wrt disposal and are guaranteed to turn it over multiple times.
Rubbish.

They are adequate in this regard. Not great, but certainly not “not afl standard”.

They both have specific jobs to do and they do them well.

Steven King collapsed at training this morning. Taken to hospital and expected to be okay. bit.ly/3BkzgFD

SDK gets worried about his injuries and is careful with his recovery. I think he doesnt trust his body and then it becomes a pyschological thing and he goes into his shell and almost goes through the motions, being careful when he competes, and is off with his timing and aggression. You cant have that in a final.
That is a very detailed diagnosis. Impressive

In 2015 the NRL played game 2 of the NSW v Queensland State of Origin at the MCG. With a rectangular pitch on an oval, this is what it looked like

7236195dd8fed054c2eb78d76b4cb949

Even though the Cattery has those long squeezed boundaries you'd get a good impression of what it might look like.

I'm not sure Kolodjashnij has ever really been as bad as he's been made out to be

Here's the 2024 turnover averages filtered by defenders - JK ranks at 153

View attachment 2115404

As for Bews - he ranks at 223 with 231 the end of the list

View attachment 2115406

If those two are turnover merchants, I'd hate to see how a few others a classified
Agree with you, cats09.

For some reason, there are a few whipping boys 🤷🏻‍♀️

Steven King was talking to Jeremy Cameron when he collapsed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back