Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez I’ve been dizzy and suffering vertigo all week, I hope no one else catches it. 😩
Shazza from Sunnyvale had the right idea!

hqdefault.jpg

Mitch Cleary with an updated story on the King situation

There have been scary scenes at Geelong’s training session on Friday with assistant coach Steven King suffering a medical episode and collapsing.

King was mid-conversation with star forward Jeremy Cameron when he suddenly dropped to the ground.

The 45-year-old was quickly attended to by medical staff and paramedics took him to the Epworth Geelong Hospital in Waurn Ponds.

Cameron was visibly shaken by the incident and players were ushered from the field for 20 minutes or so.

7NEWS chief AFL reporter Mitch Cleary witnessed the incident, saying it was quite “confronting”.

The club’s scheduled press conference with senior coach Chris Scott was delayed.

Mitch Cleary with an updated story on the King situation

There have been scary scenes at Geelong’s training session on Friday with assistant coach Steven King suffering a medical episode and collapsing.

King was mid-conversation with star forward Jeremy Cameron when he suddenly dropped to the ground.

The 45-year-old was quickly attended to by medical staff and paramedics took him to the Epworth Geelong Hospital in Waurn Ponds.

Cameron was visibly shaken by the incident and players were ushered from the field for 20 minutes or so.

7NEWS chief AFL reporter Mitch Cleary witnessed the incident, saying it was quite “confronting”.

The club’s scheduled press conference with senior coach Chris Scott was delayed.

At least he collapsed in full view of others and could get near-immediate attention. Imagine if he was on his own somewhere?

My wife is sick with similar too. Hoping it’s just a bad flu and not some new pandemic.
Sorry to hear your wife is ill too.
I think dizziness can be caused by dehydration, drink some electrolytes.

Hopefully he’s alright, but with the game Saturday king missing form the box is a blow for the team he’s a big presence in there. I hope they get someone to step up in his absence like Lappin.

Yesterday I purchased a ticket for the Matilda's game at KP in Dec

I got a seat in A6 row 4, at $45 because it's restricted view

Same bay but towards the back or the bays either side & also towards the back are $100 each

All I can think of is that with soccer they often have the digital screens on the field to help form the rectangle shape and not have these open wings all the way back from the playing field - so maybe being a bit closer, there's some thought that those screens could impact viewing compared to sitting further back

For a $50+ dollar discount, I'll take it

Thinking it's likely to be something similar with you with potentially a camera or other fitting in the way - agree with a later comment of yours that I'd rather that than the nose bleeds
Yeah with soccer the advertisement hoardings cover the touch line on the pitch.
Agree it's a small inconvenience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our ‘22 grand final side played the extra tall (SDK) without issue. Interesting we’ve gone with more run this time round at the expense of a tall defender. Blicavs was playing then a more wing/second ruck role so his game has been changed.

Effectively we’ve swapped SDK with Blicavs and added another running half forward - Mannagh.
We are a speed team now and the lions are slow…. Plan is in place . Now it’s about performance on the night.

Yesterday I purchased a ticket for the Matilda's game at KP in Dec

I got a seat in A6 row 4, at $45 because it's restricted view

Same bay but towards the back or the bays either side & also towards the back are $100 each

All I can think of is that with soccer they often have the digital screens on the field to help form the rectangle shape and not have these open wings all the way back from the playing field - so maybe being a bit closer, there's some thought that those screens could impact viewing compared to sitting further back

For a $50+ dollar discount, I'll take it

Thinking it's likely to be something similar with you with potentially a camera or other fitting in the way - agree with a later comment of yours that I'd rather that than the nose bleeds
That’s great to support our Matildas! You’ll have a wonderful time + if a little restricted you could stand in a better spot.

We are a speed team now and the lions are slow…. Plan is in place . Now it’s about performance on the night.
Full effort for four quarters. I reckon GWS were gassed + Brisbane still had leg speed. Hoping two weeks with some rest + recovery for sore or injured players will refresh them. Our players can do it, Port was a clinical + chilling demolition.

Stuff the free hits, we’re close now, got to take advantage of it especially when imo no team stands out.
We never know when an opportunity like this happens again.
I’m greedy, greedy for more flags. The more we get that more I want.

Couldn't agree more. As I said it's weird to even think that way, especially as we all know how hard to win a flag is. Look, I'm sure the club aren't thinking that way, they know the opportunity that's been presented to them.

From my point of view, I feel this opportunity is a pleasant surprise and not saddled with the pressure and expectation of two years ago, but I still want to win the thing badly!

FYI - Match Day Info:

Preliminary Final​

Geelong Cats V Brisbane Lions
Saturday 21 September, 5.15PM AEST
MCG, Wurundjeri

Getting here by Train​

Before the game, three additional trains will run, departing Waurn Ponds Station at 11.02am, 1.41pm and 2.22pm.

These services will run in addition to regular Geelong line services, which operate approximately every 40 minutes on Saturdays.

After the game, extra services will depart Southern Cross at 8.49pm, 9.00pm and 9.22pm running through to Waurn Ponds.

These are in addition to the regular scheduled trains from Southern Cross to Waurn Ponds at 8.30pm and 9.10pm.

Fans can travel between Southern Cross Station and the MCG on a Metro Trains service to either Jolimont or Richmond stations.

Passengers are encouraged to plan ahead by visiting the footy page of the V/Line website for a full list of service times or use the V/Line journey planner.

Getting here by Trams​

Three tram routes provide access to the MCG.

No. 75 (City-Vermont South) travels along Flinders St and connects with the eastern suburbs via Wellington Parade.

No. 48 (Docklands/City-North Balwyn) travels along Collins Street and connects with the eastern suburbs via Wellington Parade. Both these routes stop just outside the MCG.

No. 70 (Docklands/City-Wattle Park) travels along Flinders Street then detours via Melbourne Park and the tram stop is a short walk across the footbridge to the ground.

Getting here by Car​

Car parking is usually available at the MCG in Yarra Park on event days. This land is controlled by the Melbourne Cricket Club and managed on event days by Care Park.

Parking costs $10 per vehicle and is payable by eftpos only. Please note that we can no longer accept cash and vehicles unable to pay via card will unfortunately not be allowed entry to Yarra Park. Please note that, in an effort to improve safety in the park, pedestrians are given priority in Yarra Park when exiting MCG events. This is expected to cause a delay to vehicles being able to exit the park.

View latest details about car park opening times.

Occasionally parts of Yarra Park are closed to save the grass after heavy rain. Street parking is very limited.

Parking in high-rise parking buildings in the CBD is another option for MCG visitors.

Accessible Parking​

A designated accessible parking area is available in Yarra Park, subject to capacity. Vehicles must display a valid accessible parking permit.

For the Shane Warne Stand and AFL Members Reserve, enter either via Punt Road (Yarra Park Gates 5 or 6) or Brunton Avenue (Yarra Park Gate 7) if you wish to obtain a parking spot as close to the designated entry gate as possible.

MCC members and public patrons heading to the Ponsford Stand, Members Pavilion or Olympic Stand should enter Yarra Park via Wellington Parade South (Yarra Park Gate 3, Wellington Parade South).

March to the G'​

Calling all Cats Fans! March to the 'G is back for our Preliminary Final. Proudly presented by Marathon Foods, join the Geelong army as we make our way from Birrarung Marr to the MCG!

Meet at Birrarung Marr (opposite Artplay and the Birrarung Marr Playground, along the River Terrace) from 3.50pm, to start marching at 4pm. Listen out for the marching band who will be leading us on our March to the ‘G!

The march will arrive at the MCG by 4.30pm ready for all of the on-field action.

MOD NOTE: TICKET SALES

Purely because it's that time of the season and we've seen a few posts advertising ticket sales - it is a permitted activity, meeting certain conditions

While there is a dedicated thread with FAQs regarding this situation (1st link below), at its basics:

Finals tickets may be resold at face value plus reasonable costs being no more than the generally legal limit of 10%

While we're not opposed to posts regarding tickets within the match day thread, those posts may get lost within general discussion and as such you may find it better to also post within the GF & PF ticket discussion thread (2nd link)

I have a single ticket that I’m looking to sell after a friend couldn’t make the trip to Melbourne from Brisbane. You’d be sitting next to 5 lions fans. Purchase price was $209 but happy to discount. It’s in section SP11, row B. Message me if you’re interested.

I have a single ticket that I’m looking to sell after a friend couldn’t make the trip to Melbourne from Brisbane. You’d be sitting next to 5 lions fans. Purchase price was $209 but happy to discount. It’s in section SP11, row B. Message me if you’re interested.
Can we sit right in the middle of you all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back