Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s see what Fagan does with Stewart and what we do with Neale. Speed things up, play on quickly and ramp up the pressure!
Tackle mafia time!
Atkins I assume follows Neale around with Stewart acting the sweeper back of the stoppage. Around the ground Mannagh hanging off the front side as an extra man rotating a bit with Miers.

Don't think either side will go away from what has worked for them

Last night Sydney turned Willie Rioli from a strength into a weakness by having Jake Lloyd run off him all night. I expect Mark Blicavs to do the same off Joe Daniher. Meanwhile Dayne Zorko will be finding keeping up with Mannagh or Closor Stengle or Miers also very challenging. I think Mullin starts and goes to Ashcroft but then rotates to other if required.

Brisbane is a very good side with lots of strengths. But with question marks on Neil and Payne and last week's game was tough on them. All of which work in out favour.

We will get it done.

Go Cats

Last night Sydney turned Willie Rioli from a strength into a weakness by having Jake Lloyd run off him all night. I expect Mark Blicavs to do the same off Joe Daniher. Meanwhile Dayne Zorko will be finding keeping up with Mannagh or Closor Stengle or Miers also very challenging. I think Mullin starts and goes to Ashcroft but then rotates to other if required.

Brisbane is a very good side with lots of strengths. But with question marks on Neil and Payne and last week's game was tough on them. All of which work in out favour.

We will get it done.

Go Cats

Question marks on Daniher, too. Not injury ones, just in general football ability.

Mentioned that they are expecting a crowd of 92k. I'd be surprised if they get that many to a Geelong Brisbane game. Seems like plenty of tickets still available for General Admission and walk ups are now going to be able to buy tickets. Strange that until yesterday Ticketek was only selling reserved seats.

Mentioned that they are expecting a crowd of 92k. I'd be surprised if they get that many to a Geelong Brisbane game. Seems like plenty of tickets still available for General Admission and walk ups are now going to be able to buy tickets. Strange that until yesterday Ticketek was only selling reserved seats.

That's always the way - try and create demand until it becomes obvious they won't sell. Also hospo packages and other ticketing groups not selling

Gastro can be contagious if its viral

Yes I wouldn't be surprised if we give the whole of Brisbane the shites by this evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

77k last time on a Friday night. More commuter and child friendly this time around, drought of MCG games lately, half decent weather I’m expecting 90+

No football in Melbourne for two weeks could see an higher than expected crowd - it'll likely come down to MCC & AFL member attendance

So... Are you guys on Cam Rayner watch tonight, or are you looking at a little hangover tomorrow? Rules are easy...

Sip every time commentary mentions gryan Myers kicking style = blind.

Sip every time commentary talks about Daniher being a better set shot from 175m than he is from 35 = blind

Sip every time Rayner gets a touch = designated driver.

2007 GF was a good intro for today. The drought broken. Hopefully tonight the ride continues.
Shame that people like Alex Popescu didn't get to see what we've become as a club.

I'm going from nerves to a wave of calmness and serenity, then the nerves return, then calmness comes over me. Rinse and repeat.

Just bring our best. If it isn't good enough, then you can tolerate it to an extent if we lose. But I believe our best is still better than anyone. We're well rested and healthy (despite what the rumblings might suggest), there really are no excuses not to be at our best today.

Big crowd, big occasion, big moments, it's what footy is all about. Get it done Cats!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back