Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Been a terrible day so far so I’m expecting the worse in a few hours

Such is my life atm
Hang in there mate, hopefully we're celebrating something special in a few hours.

There's something beautiful in caring so deeply about something that at the end of the day, doesn't really matter.

Apparently they have had a few players training seperate (10 ish ) just precautionary as it’s only Holmes who’s a bit suspect
Oh crap. If 10 players have had colds that's game over. I think people are way underplaying how much this can impact their performance. You can feel fine but as soon as you run you find yourself gasping for air.

Oh crap. If 10 players have had colds that's game over. I think people are way underplaying how much this can impact their performance. You can feel fine but as soon as you run you find yourself gasping for air.

I don't believe there's been any suggestion whatsoever that anyone but Holmes has had a cold?

They isolated him straightaway to avoid contagion. Scott said they act very quickly on such things these days as a lesson from covid.

He didn't say 10 people had colds.

If one is suspected of illness, anyone who was in close contact is advised to separate. Which can include from each other.

Now of course that's difficult but within reason, the day before a game, I imagine appropriately conservative actions were taken.

Contact is unavoidable today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe there's been any suggestion whatsoever that anyone but Holmes has had a cold?

They isolated him straightaway to avoid contagion. Scott said they act very quickly on such this these days as a lesson from covid.
Hope it's true. But it would also be a tightly held secret if a whole group had a cold like in the 2021 preliminary where we got annihilated. Even if it's just Holmes and he is off his game then that makes this a lot more challenging. He ain't only becoming a gun but is critical to our structure. If it's more then just Holmes then ...... ahhhhh.

Off to think happy thoughts.

Hope it's true. But it would also be a tightly held secret if a whole group had a cold like in the 2021 preliminary where we got annihilated. Even if it's just Holmes and he is off his game then that makes this a lot more challenging. He ain't only becoming a gun but is critical to our structure. If it's more then just Holmes then ...... ahhhhh.

I believe it was a bit worse than a cold back in 2021. Not that we'd have beaten Melbourne if we were fully fit, but it certainly contributed to the final margin.

If you need to send more panicky rambles just PM them to me.

Otherwise why not enjoy the lead in, we can run the autopsy later if it all goes wrong for reasons x, y, z.

Try this one: We get annihilated in that game with or without gastro.

Melbourne were white hot and primed, much like we've been on many occasions over the journey.

It might have made the margin 60 rather than 80.

Thinking the week off will have the final say in the result, and we'll run over the top in the last. Expect Mullin to be the sub and provide a defensive job early if things aren't going to plan, or fresh legs for the last if things do go to plan. Holmes to play a bit more behind the ball at times with Stewart returning, keep midfield rotations up and legs as fresh as possible to run Neale off his dicky footy. Dempsey to take advantage of his tank to float forward and kick three cheapies.

We have no idea. Takes me a full week to get over a flu. Really depends on how bad it is and how long ago it peaked.

None of us have any idea. Chicken littles could be right. She will be right group could be right.
They put them on IV and dose them with zinc, vitamin C, B etc. They can do alot of things to get athletes better faster than us regular people.

I don’t see the point of selecting Mullin to presumably play a run with role and then start him as the sub. Doesn’t make any sense.

More likely they will make Duncan the sub and bring him on with fresh legs meaning his lack of leg speed won’t be an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back