Game Day 2nd qualifying final: West Coast Eagles v Hawthorn, 8.20pm AEST @ Subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me what this even means??? :confused:

11:12am: IS HE 'GUNNA' PLAY?Another big name Hawk, Jack Gunston, is also said to be under a cloud.

Questions about Gunston’s fitness have persisted throughout the second half of the season, first surfacing after he sustained a finger injury against Adelaide in round 12.

Despite this and constant speculation he is playing sore, Gunston has not missed a game in 2015.

The 23-year-old took part in Hawthorn training at Domain Stadium on Thursday, appearing to get through without any issues.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-11/late-mail-live-finals-week-one

Can someone explain to me what this even means???

11:12am: IS HE 'GUNNA' PLAY?Another big name Hawk, Jack Gunston, is also said to be under a cloud.

Questions about Gunston’s fitness have persisted throughout the second half of the season, first surfacing after he sustained a finger injury against Adelaide in round 12.

Despite this and constant speculation he is playing sore, Gunston has not missed a game in 2015.

The 23-year-old took part in Hawthorn training at Domain Stadium on Thursday, appearing to get through without any issues.

His finger is fine.

I can only assume the "cloud" he is under is because he landed awkwardly in a contest last week, but he was fine.

Useless bit of information... while we're all waiting for confirmation re Priddis.... not working, just checked out last year's final GF line up... we go in tonight with just one change Frawley in for Spang. That's a pretty healthy/stable line up nearly 12 months on.
Having said that - I'd prefer Spang to Chip (and Ceggs to Hale)... particularly in a final. And Hartung may well replace Smith.
I also wonder if Howe would be a much better option than SUCKling, assuming the rain does come.

is it game time now?

Media will run with any rumour and in the event of a lack of any will just make them up themselves. They know this time of year supporters will be hanging out for any little piece of info and they take full advantage of that by working over time to put out click bait rumour mill stories.

Every click on these articles is a little bit of ad revenue for them.

Sports rumour mill must make the media a mint during the finals and trade period.

The weather should help us, very similar to Launceston in terms of wind, perth is the driest capital in australia so they should be more hampered by the rain.
And the 10th most windy city in the world iirc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/opposition-analyst-west-coast-v-hawthorn-20150910-gjjkg2.html

West Coast, what adam simpson wants: Forward line to keep firing

"2. The forward line to keep firing. Other than the Crows in recent times, West Coast has had the most weapons in front of goal."

Adelaide??

WTF!
Yep...once again Hawks dont exist.

Would love to see annual averages of the spread (most) of goalkickers.

Iirc we have had up to 13 goalkickers in a match. Plenty of times we have had 8 or more.

Some of these journos/ commentators must be on the magic mushies.

Ran into Lewis and Burgoyne in a Perth Cafe yesterday and wished them luck. Both seemed like good dudes and were happy to give me some time. Now having brekky and Mcveigh, Mcglynn, Kennedy, Rampe and Hannerbery are sitting next to me.

Chocolates to grandma's 100 year old boiled lollies!
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My opinion is the shit weather will put a bit of a dampener on the crowd which will obviously favour us. No one likes going to the footy when its raining.

This isn't you is it Wundo?

elita_loresca.jpg
She's dangerous. Wow.

Still gives me goosebumps. The best Grand Final I've seen live. It meant so so much to our club too.

I just watched it again, it brings tears to my eyes when I see this one. My one regret is that my late hubby wasnt here to see it. He was such a proud Hawk, he loved them, unfortunately the last one he saw was in 1991. Every year we win I go out to his grave and put our colours on it.I have my colours ready..:) I am sure he will be watching from up above:rainbow:

So it will be the least wet during our statistically worst quarter and then torrential during our best one? Greeeeeaaaat

I doubt we would have named Hartung Ceglar and Howe over Sicily as emergencies if there was even a flicker of doubt about Gunston.

4 hours to knock off, have heaps to do and all I can think about is the freaking game! On a mission tonight, get home, beer into the fridge, have some tea with the family, get the little one bathed and off to bed then to the couch for the game, can't wait, getting very close now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back