Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to remember that while Marshall did ruck one out against the Tigers earlier in the year, Nankervis got the better of him in that game or at least broke even. Paddy going down is unfortunately huge; our ruck one-two punch has been our greatest area of strength this year, now it becomes a weakness. I know Abbott was pretty useless against the Hawks this year but I wouldn't be completely shocked if he came in to play first ruck. Most likely option is Marshall though.

If Battle is fit I think he needs to play defensive forward again. Richmond's greatest strength is their intercept marking. Battle was awesome on Haynes, if we could get a similar result against one of their guys it would be huge. I also don't have great confidence that he can come in and play on Riewoldt or Lynch.

Geary will likely go back to cover Long, so that leaves one of Savage, Roberton or Webster to come in. I'd go with Robbo, proven gun and can take a good intercept grab. I think they'll choose Savage though. And then my guess it's Marsh to replace Paddy (or rather Marshall) and try to bust packs and play second ruck.

But like I said, I think the potential rabbit out of the hat is Abbott.
I reckon Marshall will run Nanks raggered. Nanks looks very slow

I think we definitely go with a defensive forward this week.

1st option is obviously Marsh or Battle to go to Grimes

2nd for me would be Geary going to Short.

Is it too much to do both?

As long as they provide an offensive threat when we are in possession, which Geary and Marsh both tend to do, then no it's definitely not too much. In one sense, all forwards should be mindful of their opposition when the ball is not in their possession.

As long as they provide an offensive threat when we are in possession, which Geary and Marsh both tend to do, then no it's definitely not too much. In one sense, all forwards should be mindful of their opposition when the ball is not in their possession.
+1.

Our pressure/tackles inside 50 needs to be on otherwise we’re in strife

I reckon the only way we beat them is to spread fast and run. If it gets into an inside battle of strength it's going to be played on their terms. We have got to use our long kicking to space. If they get tackles on us they will clear the ball too fast for us to keep up.
I think it's one reason among others why the Tiges chose Metricon because it is a narrower ground than the Gabba. We are at our best when we run and spread. It makes the ability to stop their intercept marking more important. The Lions did it, and we have to as well.

Who is this guy and what's he done with the real plugger66?
This is going to be a real tough game. Nothing new in saying that. Doubt one unbiased person will pick us and fair enough. Doesn’t mean we can’t win as I doubt any unbiased person picked the Pies last week. However there is probably more chance of a reasonably big loss than a win. All I ask is if we do happen to lose we don’t jump on the players or the club. I’m sure the club know we aren’t a finished product. The last thing we need to do is say we have had enough of this job or the management is the problem or game plan etc. we are missing 2 of our top 5 players from last week plus long who was also ok. Let’s face it if they didn’t play last week we most likely lose and that’s against a side not as good as the tigers.

I will be yelling and screaming with a mate tomorrow and then might do the same watching the footy. I will be blaming players and umpires during the game as most on here will in the match tread but once the game is over and if the worst happens please try to think how good the year has been before you bag people or the club in the autopsy thread. Let’s stick together whatever the result It’s been an A grade year. That’s all you can ask for. Common you saints. Let’s dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paton Howard Wilkie
Coffield Marsh Savage
Hill Steele Billings
Lonie Battle Kent
Butler King Membrey
Marshall Jones Clark
Sinclair Ross Hannebery Geary

Marsh to swap with Battle if he can’t compete in defence. Hind wouldn’t be a surprise in either if Ratts wants pace instead

Another guy that was handy this year is Ed Phillips.

More I think about it Savage surely comes in. With Battle that leaves one spot for Phillips/Marsh/Hind/Abbott etc

Battle for Carlisle.
Marsh for Ryder. (was wearing some colour as main squad at training yesterday so he's definitely coming in)

The only question now is whether we go Savage for Long, or play Gears down back and bring in Hind.
Warm bodies.. me likey :p

I reckon we skip Hind he could go either way 4 touches & no impact or something like the GC game

Another guy that was handy this year is Ed Phillips.

More I think about it Savage surely comes in. With Battle that leaves one spot for Phillips/Marsh/Hind/Abbott etc
Has to be Marsh IMO

Battle for Carlisle.
Marsh for Ryder. (was wearing some colour as main squad at training yesterday so he's definitely coming in)

The only question now is whether we go Savage for Long, or play Gears down back and bring in Hind.

This. Battle to defence. Marsh forward to take Marshall’s role. Marshall full time ruck. Savage or Hind looks like the tough coaches selection decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back