Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually wouldn't mind Hind coming in for Long and using his pace to run off the back line.
Would love to see but have we played him down back at all? Seems unlikely

Another guy that was handy this year is Ed Phillips.

More I think about it Savage surely comes in. With Battle that leaves one spot for Phillips/Marsh/Hind/Abbott etc
Please no. Ed Phillips strikes me as the type of person who would just be overawed by a final. i think when we bring him in it’s usually as a late change. Keep him as an emergency.
Not keen on hind either but understand if he does get named.

Would love to see but have we played him down back at all? Seems unlikely

I read something that he was playing down back when playing for Sandy. Pretty sure I've seen highlights from his time at Essendon in the VFL burning away from down back too.

This. Battle to defence. Marsh forward to take Marshall’s role. Marshall full time ruck. Savage or Hind looks like the tough coaches selection decision.
I think Savage is a safe bet. Reliable player. Can't afford another 4 possession Hind game.

I reckon Battle forward. Wilkie moves onto Riewoldt. Geary back.

The interesting question for me is who is going to play the Long role of coming up to the contest of the half back line. No other player in the line up seem to have that kamikaze mindset like Long, certainly not Savage, and I'm not sure there is really any point in using the tactic without that feature. The one guy who I keep thinking of who could probably do something similar is Marsh...?

The interesting question for me is who is going to play the Long role of coming up to the contest of the half back line. No other player in the line up seem to have that kamikaze mindset like Long, certainly not Savage, and I'm not sure there is really any point in using the tactic without that feature. The one guy who I keep thinking of who could probably do something similar is Marsh...?

nobody can. I think we just need someone with run and carry off half back and that’s where savage fits in.
Did he win a flag at the hawks at all? Or did he even play finals? Finals experience would be invaluable.

I get Byron Pickett vibes with Longy not many on our list like him - I’d argue Steele has similar attack on the ball/man

Warm bodies.. me likey :p

I reckon we skip Hind he could go either way 4 touches & no impact or something like the GC game
Hind is hit or miss.

Having him, Marsh and Kent all in the forward would be very risky for me. All could kick 3 goals or all could only have 3 disposals. At if he keep Gears up forward, we have more flexibility to shake things up if it isnt working by moving him back and resting midfielders forward.

I get Byron Pickett vibes with Longy not many on our list like him - I’d argue Steele has similar attack on the ball/man
Steele is the first person I thought of too but you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul if you put him back.

This. Battle to defence. Marsh forward to take Marshall’s role. Marshall full time ruck. Savage or Hind looks like the tough coaches selection decision.
Hind is if we are going for full on attack and speed.

Savage if we want to keep that defensive forward.

I'd go Savage. He is just more reliable.

Sunshine Sainter did you notice whether Marsh was playing forward or back at training?

Marsh trains with the forwards group every session. This week was no different. He was one of the first out on the ground with goal shooting whist the others were getting themselves ready and coming out. He played as key forward - forward pocket - in the scratch match. If you are after someone for aggression and to bring the ball to the ground for our smalls, he is doing that at training. Its just whether he can bring it to the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh trains with the forwards group every session. This week was no different. He was one of the first out on the ground with goal shooting whist the others were getting themselves ready and coming out. He played as key forward - forward pocket - in the scratch match. If you are after someone for aggression and to bring the ball to the ground for our smalls, he is doing that at training. Its just whether he can bring it to the game.
Thanks SS. I feel like he's close to a sure thing to play. Feels like him and Battle will play - one in defence and one in the forwardline. Marsh forward and Battle in defence probably more likely.

if marsh comes in I want him up forward. Do we have anyone who can pinch hit in the ruck? Just for when Marshall is on the bench?

Thanks SS. I feel like he's close to a sure thing to play. Feels like him and Battle will play - one in defence and one in the forwardline. Marsh forward and Battle in defence probably more likely.
Makes sense - Battle is a beautiful kick aswell not sure if you’d want Marsh kicking the ball from defensive 50

nobody can. I think we just need someone with run and carry off half back and that’s where savage fits in.
Did he win a flag at the hawks at all? Or did he even play finals? Finals experience would be invaluable.

Yeh maybe we will just ditch the role entirely, but as Ratten said during the week, that would be a pretty significant change to our game plan and the way we structure stoppages.

He did but not many. Three finals in 2012, two of them as the sub. Combined 21 touches in what worked out to be about 1.5 games. Not really a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back