Autopsy 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. Didn't think the Lynch knee was a big deal, but Crotchin has always been a dirty bequiffed CLINT who I hope we meet again in a final and teach a lesson to. Before his premierships he was a joke akin to Marc Murphy, now he's unbearable. Frikin Gary Glitter looking turd.

Pretty clear that LynchMob and Crotchitchin' will be allowed to go on with their "indiscretions" until they actually do damage someone seriously, and then the league will only have themselves to blame.

Our people better make damn sure they have this footage on tap next time our players are up before the tribunal for less ...

Pretty clear that LynchMob and Crotchitchin' will be allowed to go on with their "indiscretions" until they actually do damage someone seriously, and then the league will only have themselves to blame.

Our people better make damn sure they have this footage on tap next time our players are up before the tribunal for less ...

I really want to see a tribunal where someone turns up and says...."yes i punched him as hard as i could because he just about broke my neck, here is the vision to prove it , yes his nose hurts but the bastard could have crippled me , and the day he does cripple someone they are going to sue your asses for turning a blind eye " Then release it all to the media.

Looking back at our shots on goal last night a lot of players kicking from right at their distance limit.
Lots of curved run ups trying to get the extra distance. They always end up missing those, Billings particularly.
It's a bummer that Billings missed but what I loved is that he had the confidence to take those shots.

In a final no less, to say "I'm not going to delegate I'm going to take responsibility to try and get us up, take a risk. I might fail but I'll own it" - that's leadership. He might not ever be a brawler, but he is a player.

I wonder if the club sends a “please explain” about these incidents and the arc?
0% chance. As a rule they dont comment on other clubs or get involved.

Politically theres nothing we can benefit from by sticking our head out. AFL clearly is trying to manage the satisfaction of the bigger clubs given they're going to wind back things like the footy dept spend and need to support the smaller clubs through a financial crisis.

The AFL lost its teeth the moment vlad walked. Since then its slowly but surely going down the big Victorian club path. Which it has always been but now its just really amped up.

This is purely an AFL and fan engagement issue. Fans are losing faith in the integrity of the AFL. This season has only amplified it.

They have a smouldering issue. Whether or not it explodes into a bigger issue we will have to see.

we need to find the person who taught Stewie Loewe to kick straight. Be came the best kick from 40 metres.
He could help King.

We have him already ......Hall of Famer .........Roughead.

Its a mental issue the little man inside their head.

Membrey ......same

Battle .......... same

Battle best kick for goal in club ......hardly misses at training.

0% chance. As rule they dont comment on other clubs or get involved.

This is purely an AFL and fan engagement issue. Fans are losing faith in the integrity of the AFL. This season has only amplified it.

They have a smouldering issue. Whether or not it explodes into a bigger issue we will have to see.

If it wasn't for lack of integrity, there'd be no integrity whatsoever in the AFL.

Simon Lethlean deserves an enormous amount of credit. Ratten will rightfully get lots of the praise, but Lethlean came in - with a level of pressure on him and skepticism directed at him - and has changed the club. It's pretty evident that he came in, had a good look at how the club was operating and decided that it needed a shake up. It is a far tougher job for a football club to decide it needs to get better and improve in the short term than it is to embrace perpetual rebuilds. Rebuilds are the option taken often and they take the pressure right off a club and those overseeing it. It allows for a culture of mediocrity and low standards to be accepted under the banner of development. Lethlean decided that we had to get better and fast. This was a brave decision. To decide that the club needs to get results quickly gives a measuring stick for the public to judge against. If it doesn't work, it is easily written off as deluded and a failure.

Lethlean clearly had a big involvement in the decision to move on Richo. He clearly had a big involvement in the decision to get Hannebery. These events had a domino effect on the off season last year. Appointing Ratten and bringing in David Rath has been huge for the on field improvement. This all culminated also with the five recruits we brought in. Gags and Gubby got to work and brought them in, but Lethlean was overseeing it, and I imagine he was central to the direction the club decided to take.

His appointment almost three years ago has been central to the changes at the club. He has been tough in making calls on the club's future and has built a great football department. I hope we can keep him for a long time.
So true. Hail Satan, he has turned the Saints around! Must keep him.

Great point.

Salary based percentage fine would be an interesting concept to hold the AFL elite to account when they come into MRP scrutiny. We all know if you're elite you're less likely to be suspended compared to a pleb GOP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trades and drafts aside - Clark putting on some muscle over the preseason and playing in the guts next year as well as Gresh back in and our midfield will look a lot better
I liked Clark getting to so many tackles yesterday, but his tackles were easily broken. Probably the only thing missing from his game.

You just have to laugh really.

They‘re not even trying to hide the “star” favouritism anymore.

They never have, this is just them being public about it and it's never fun when you're the one being bitchslapped.

Fans are losing faith in the integrity of the AFL. This season has only amplified it.

Never a truer word spoken, although I’d correct the tense to “have lost.”

0% chance. As a rule they dont comment on other clubs or get involved.

Politically theres nothing we can benefit from by sticking our head out. AFL clearly is trying to manage the satisfaction of the bigger clubs given they're going to wind back things like the footy dept spend and need to support the smaller clubs through a financial crisis.

The AFL lost its teeth the moment vlad walked. Since then its slowly but surely going down the big Victorian club path. Which it has always been but now its just really amped up.

7 and the AFL only care for the big teams, West Coast and Sydney.

The 7 lovefest for richmond is disgusting,

We had a turnaround year and could have gone further if we hadn't had such bad luck in the last 7 days. Put Ryder, Carlisle and Long in last night's side and we win. And put Gresham in we win easily. Add to that the shocking decisions re the Arc, the unpaid 50s and the generally dirty tactics of Richmond being condoned by the umpiring. We could not have had more bad luck if we'd walked under a ladder, kicked a cat or gone out and got pissed the night before.

Bottom line: we don't need to change much. No need to panic and clean out players for the sake of it. A couple of top ups and go again. I'd rather we went about it the way we have than resorting to the kind of crap that Richmond do. One Saints flag won our way = 10 of theirs.

Easy change to improve the side that played last night...

Clark simply has to play midfield.

Ross out to a wing.

Billings fwd to play in Kents position and recapture that 2017 form there.

Probably right there, Billings contract is up (I think) at the end of next year. He is a "new contract performer." So I'd imagine he'll play to his ability, rather than potential...just as he's done in prior contract years.

Looking forward to seeing more of Bytel in the midfield next year- seems to have the surest hands of all our mids, and keeps his feet. Far too much midfield fumbling in the last two games and it cost us dearly last night.

Cant complain, as this season was a big step up, and just need some smarts at the club with list management over summer.

There is something about Bytel that makes me think that players like Cotchin will be looking over their shoulders when they try and pull their crap.
Reckon the kid will be a bull.

Pity Long was not allowed to play a “big boy game” by the AFL c the doggies.
Perhaps the AFL can clarify which games have “big boy game” rules and which don’t, because it would be valuable to know what rules the MRP are going to apply.

Probably best they check with Dimma first to make sure he’s okay with that.

Give. Me. A. heck. Ing. Break.

7 and the AFL only care for the big teams, West Coast and Sydney.

The 7 lovefest for richmond is disgusting,
Theres a lot of tension between WCE and the AFL here right now which has big political ramifications with the WA Government

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back