WSYD 2nd Sydney team jumper designs

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why I called it Claret.
Maroon is bad, Claret is good.
And it's a little more Purple than Maroon.

Looks like Maroon, is Maroon.

To NSW'men: Looks a bit like Maroon, is Maroon.

For Maroon, I'd put in black for the home jumper, and white for the away.

BTW, thanks for helping me spell Maroon. ;)

Looks like Maroon, is Maroon.

To NSW'men: Looks a bit like Maroon, is Maroon.

For Maroon, I'd put in black for the home jumper, and white for the away.

BTW, thanks for helping me spell Maroon. ;)

Manly seem to get away with it.
And what do Penrith call their version of it? Rust?

I reckon you could get away with Claret as a secondary colour.
So long as Sky Blue is the main colour.

Manly seem to get away with it.
And what do Penrith call their version of it? Rust?

I reckon you could get away with Claret as a secondary colour.
So long as Sky Blue is the main colour.

Manly arent exactly powering along.

Anyway, I agree that Sky Blue should dominate..... which brings me to the GC design. As Maroon shouldnt be in the NSW one, Sky blue shouldnt be in the QLD one.

Manly arent exactly powering along.

Anyway, I agree that Sky Blue should dominate..... which brings me to the GC design. As Maroon shouldnt be in the NSW one, Sky blue shouldnt be in the QLD one.

Well, you'd seel that as Turquoise, like the ocean waters.

What do the Titans wear?

Well, you'd seel that as Turquoise, like the ocean waters.

What do the Titans wear?
titans_wideweb__470x347,0.jpg

I do agree with the colours Sky Blue, Maroon (or Claret as people say) and White.

Sky Blue, black and white is too similar to Port as well. Needs another secondary main colour and thats where maroon fits in.

Not sure of what the mascot or team name could be but here is a simple somewhat traditonal style jumper.

Home.

West-Sydney-AFL.jpg

Away pretty basic and some resemblence to N.M. which probably wouldnt work.

West-Sydney-Away.jpg

Not sure of what the mascot or team name could be but here is a simple somewhat traditonal style jumper.

Home.

West-Sydney-AFL.jpg

Away pretty basic and some resemblence to N.M. which probably wouldnt work.

West-Sydney-Away.jpg

Not quite there, but I have a feeling you are on the right track. Simple, unique but still relatively traditional. It just looks a little messy. Perhaps you could make the goal posts smaller.

Sydney White Tails (as in, the spider) .

AND/OR

What are you hoping to achieve with using a spider in a name?

1) Represent something about the local area in order to build a sense of community between club and supporters?
2) Create an aggressive image that will in turn lead to an agressive culture tht will encourage players to play in an agressive style?
3) Create an image that will be useful to sponsors trying to build their brand identities?

What are you hoping to achieve with using a spider in a name?

1) Represent something about the local area in order to build a sense of community between club and supporters?
2) Create an aggressive image that will in turn lead to an agressive culture tht will encourage players to play in an agressive style?
3) Create an image that will be useful to sponsors trying to build their brand identities?
What are we hoping to build up by using the name 'Western Sydney Falcons' ? Our American Identity ?

1) Catchy name, and it creates a sense of relativity. Plus, we have HEAPS of them around.
2) Not so aggressive, but more a ready made personality.
3) In short, yes.

What are we hoping to build up by using the name 'Western Sydney Falcons' ? Our American Identity ?

1) Catchy name, and it creates a sense of relativity. Plus, we have HEAPS of them around.
2) Not so aggressive, but more a ready made personality.
3) In short, yes.

1) Heaps of flies around as well, but generally people see insects as more of a pest rather than something they feel affectionate towards.

2) Not sure what you mean by ready-made personality.

3) If you look at businesses, they tend to like innovative images, agressive images or community/family-value images. Sometimes animal logos help businesses achieve their aims. For example, it is quite common to see the Tiger in a business logo. (airlines, beers, lotions etc). The Kangaroo is quite common as well (clothing, airline, transport delivery.) As far as I am aware, insects have only been used in pest-control businesses. For this reason, I would assume that there would not be many businesses wanting to build their image by associating themselves with a football club that has a spider image.

I appreciate that the South Australian cricket team uses the red-back spider but I wouldn't say that was the wisest business decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, and Swans are used in dips.

I was just giving an idea i thought sounded well an image, but I understand what you mean.

What name would you suggest?

That's why I called it Claret.
Maroon is bad, Claret is good.
And it's a little more Purple than Maroon.

Considering their cross town rivals are dubbed the 'bloods' I don't think they will get away with wearing anything close to Claret.

An idea Mero if you have nothing else to do: :)D)

A lot of people where big on the "Wolves" idea. Wonder what a navy blue, light blue, green and silver (to steal the Minnesota Timberwolves colours a bit) "Wolves" scheme would look like. Or maybe keeping that claret and two blues scheme, I dunno. But the Wolves idea, no matter what gets mentioned since, seems to be the best idea by a margin.

Your designs look great, but in combination with a winning mascot, and a winning colour scheme, then we could have the real winner I reckon.

An idea Mero if you have nothing else to do: :)D)

A lot of people where big on the "Wolves" idea. Wonder what a navy blue, light blue, green and silver (to steal the Minnesota Timberwolves colours a bit) "Wolves" scheme would look like. Or maybe keeping that claret and two blues scheme, I dunno. But the Wolves idea, no matter what gets mentioned since, seems to be the best idea by a margin.

Your designs look great, but in combination with a winning mascot, and a winning colour scheme, then we could have the real winner I reckon.

I suggested something similar a while ago. I reckon you could also have a white siluoette(spelling?) of a dingo on the top-centre of the jumper, to give it that bit of aussie flavour. Kind of similar to the brissy bears using a koala as thier mascot and on thier logo.

In fact, noticing some of the St Kilda practice jumpers (see page 84 of todays Hun for the red one, I believe there's a black version also), I was wondering if a simple light blue jumper, with a navy and white stripe down the middle would suffice? Maybe make the stripes a little thicker than the Saints practice jumpers, I dunno. Or perhaps have the two stripes further across the jumper as to have some sort of graphic on the other side.

I actually like Convicts. Strong association with the area, unique, and has the rebel image like bushrangers, raiders, vikings, or pirates. I'm guessing sponsors wouldn't like it though. They want a more wholesome image.

At amatuer level, it seems ok. Sydney convicts is a gay rugby league that plays in some international competitions- http://www.sydneyconvicts.org/

http://www.theconvicts.com/ - An Australian football team that travels the world.
I quite like that

'Bushrangers' is growing on me.

But weren't they more prevalent in Northern Vic rather than NSW.

Pioneers maybe?

Colours will be light blue & dark blue - keeping it as close as possible to NSW Rl origin jersey will be a winner and help people identify with the club.
I like panels (St K) but with just the 2 blues - light blue jumper with a centre dark blue panel, dark blue trim / number, shorts & socks.

Remove this Banner Ad

WSYD 2nd Sydney team jumper designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back