2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a certain poster that seems to have gone very quiet after bashing Cummins all game for bowling first…
We would have made 400 on that green deck moving everywhere if we batted first! Also ignored the data that says bowling first is better here for someone so reliant on "history"

Is this going to turn into a thing where I have to explain to you what insult means, and you retreat back to claiming its only one if you mean it?

I didn’t insult anyone and I’m still not sure wtf you were on about. I said I wasn’t trolling anyone and that half the people in this thread are Australian fans giving it to their own players anyway.

I pointed out, after you called me ‘unhinged’ (hmmm, insult maybe?) that I wasn’t the one still trying to argue about a proven LBW decision half an hour after it was given.

Not sure where the hell you got ‘insult’ out of that.

Does anyone else think that we should consider Head should open instead of Smith? Currently our batting line-up is very unbalanced in terms of play style ( patient vs aggressive) when comparing the top and middle orders. Head with Khawaja would give that nice contrast we had with Warner and Khawaja/Rogers etc. Smith would go down to 4 or 5.

Top Order

Khawaja: patient
Smith: used to be aggressive in his prime, but now stuck in his head overthinking
Labuschagne: slow and overthinking
Green: starts slow, but can unleash when he gets comfortable

Middle Order

Head: ultra-aggressive
Bison: ultra-aggressive
Carey: kamikaze
I don't see Head doing well against the new Red ball but wouldn't be shocked if they try it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So good to see Carey stick it up the haters and squash any talk of his spot being under pressure. Deserves 100 here while hitting the winning runs.
He’s batted extremely well. However he hasn’t “stuck it up the haters”. He’s responded to well founded criticism of a string of irresponsible dismissals. This is the way he should have been batting all along. Hopefully he takes it on board.

I get that you’ve locked yourself into defending a fellow South Australian, no matter what. But as I said, he has been getting out to abysmal shot selections.

Hope he gets 100. He deserves it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Back