AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant Parish is a whipping boy and people will use anything as an excuse to whinge about him.
Oh ok... yeah I wasn't doing that, I missed your point entirely.

I may have been on the fence about Parish, but as he's with us for at least the next 5 years I'm totally on the bandwagon now. ;)

K-Mart Brent prismall

Merret and Heppell are two guys that actually show leadership and desire. It's good to see some other guys want to stand up and show a little.

I don't think leaving the partner for 2 weeks is a big deal. Careers are fairly short in the scheme of things, and they'll have plenty of time (and money) to spend when they retire.
2 weeks is not that long in the age of dick pics.

Not sure if he really needs to tbh. His issue has never been his fitness. Gathers distance and possessions, with his main issue being kicking and a defensive mindset. Those are more official pre-season/self analysis sort of stuff.

Plus didn't he just recently get married? Probably promised that they'd spend some of the off-season together due to still being in the honeymoon phase. From what I gathered the Arizona trip was brought up much later where others decided to tag along impromptu.

Last edited:
I don’t think everyone is suited for the trip like Goldstein for example just wrap him up in cotton wool and get him ready. Same with Parish but for different reasons. Like Cake said going over there won’t make him a better user of the ball and he’s pretty fit anyway. I think langers Merritt and Rids is enough. Some players need to know what it’s like to work as a team like the younger ones and the fringe players and others like Darcy need to work on themselves.

Not sure if he really needs to tbh. His issue has never been his fitness. Gathers distance and possessions, with his main issue being kicking and a defensive mindset. Those are more official pre-season/self analysis sort of stuff.

Plus didn't he just recently get married? Probably promised that they'd spend some of the off-season together due to still being in the honeymoon phase. From what I gathered the Arizona trip was brought up much later where others decided to tag along impromptu.
If you think going to arizona is about building fitness, then you’re kinda missing the point

If you think going to arizona is about building fitness, then you’re kinda missing the point

Getting a head start on training, increasing lung capacity, discipline... none of which he's struggled with or needs. But my main point was the sudden nature of the trip and how it may have clashed with his previous plans post-marriage. Benefit of the doubt is needed than to just jump into thinking he's all me-first.

He's got the rest of his life to root the misso but his professional AFL career is probably only 10 more years absolute tops so it'd be sensible for him to make the most of it while it lasts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss poor not attending the training camp. Can’t help but get selfish me-first vibes from Darcy. Definitely not a leader of the club…
Anyone know a great local player who has won a couple of league medals.. who everyone refers to as a Rolls Royce? Massively dominant, slight butcher? Then they kind of act like royalty when you’re on the piss with them?

DP3 seems that kind of guy.

Anyone know a great local player who has won a couple of league medals.. who everyone refers to as a Rolls Royce? Massively dominant, slight butcher? Then they kind of act like royalty when you’re on the piss with them?

DP3 seems that kind of guy.
"I got the beers, hey where's Darce?"

Not coming, he's off with his girlfriend.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back