Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Before we got Prestia the narrative was:
I just want someone to lighten the load on Cotch & Dusty.

Prestia comes in Dusty will win the Brownlow, Cotch is back in Brownlow form, Tigs are top 4.

Current narrative: Prestia sucks, we paid too much.

o_Oo_Oo_O
You do realise that Nank and Caddy have had the same amount of clearances as Prestia don't you ?

Prestia comes in Dusty will win the Brownlow, Cotch is back in Brownlow form, Tigs are top 4.

o_Oo_Oo_O
Agreed. I'm not sure what the expectations are. We paid a bit too much but you always pay overs these days

i think it is a great test for prestia and caddy to be at a big club where the supporters dont constantly suck your dick. you want to play for the big boys in front of the army you got to take your lumps

it is why i have great respect for taylor hunt, he's a richmond supporter, eyes wide open, probably has 1000 posts on big footy bagging himself

i think it is a great test for prestia and caddy to be at a big club where the supporters dont constantly suck your dick. you want to play for the big boys in front of the army you got to take your lumps

it is why i have great respect for taylor hunt, he's a richmond supporter, eyes wide open, probably has 1000 posts on big footy bagging himself
Best

Just a general question. For those saying Prestia has been underwhelming, what exactly are the expectations as the 3rd best mid ? ( isn't playing like it right now )
Averaging 22 disposals

Twenty-two ordinary disposals. Ineffective by foot and turning it over.
Taylor Hunt regularly notched 20 possessions last season, were you among the chorus calling for his execution???

o_Oo_Oo_O

This is a very simplistic way of looking at things, I'd argue it's our game plan more than the contribution of prestia that has allowed these guys to step up again.

Prestia may very well lose his spot in the team to a first year mid in Graham unless he fixes multiple parts of his game up. I'm no prestia basher either but sometimes you have to call it like it is.

I want to see to the prestia of 2013/2014.

Twenty-two ordinary disposals. Ineffective by foot and turning it over.
Taylor Hunt regularly notched 20 possessions last season, were you among the chorus calling for his execution???
I asked what are the expectations ? I've said in this thread that his disposal needs work.

If Prestia doesn't win a Brownlow, it will be a failure in this boards opinion.

So many despots & delusionals.

Doubtful but we should expect a decent return on a significant investment and so far it's not paying off. Dimma has even said in a recent press conference, I believe it was after the norf game, that his first season for the club up to that game had been below expectations.

A fit and firing prestia at his flying best could place us well within flag contention. Hoping he can find it.

Prestia was the no.1 mid a lot of the time at gc with Ablett always injured.
Will be hard for him to replicate those numbers behind Martin and cotch

This is a very simplistic way of looking at things, I'd argue it's our game plan more than the contribution of prestia that has allowed these guys to step up again.

Prestia may very well lose his spot in the team to a first year mid in Graham unless he fixes multiple parts of his game up. I'm no prestia basher either but sometimes you have to call it like it is.

I want to see to the prestia of 2013/2014.

Yep this, and don't under estimate the influence of Nank as well.

Prestia has been solid but we paid pick 7 for a guy we wanted to play more games like he has vs Carlton and Norf, especially if Dusty or Cotch are struggling. Luckily for him both have been exceptional this year and we haven't needed him to step up.

We also went and got Prestia to fill the age gap in our midfield below Dusty. We have no star mids coming through younger than Dusty.

Yep this, and don't under estimate the influence of Nank as well.

Prestia has been solid but we paid pick 7 for a guy we wanted to play more games like he has vs Carlton and Norf, especially if Dusty or Cotch are struggling. Luckily for him both have been exceptional this year and we haven't needed him to step up.

We also went and got Prestia to fill the age gap in our midfield below Dusty. We have no star mids coming through younger than Dusty.
Graham, Cellis will be inside mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to watching Graham play seniors, and I like what I'm seeing from CEllis lately.

Do you think Townsend is finished?

Watched Cellis closely against the Goldie and he was OK, probably his second best game, which does indicate how far back he is coming from, it is just question of patience and whether we have it. Think Towny did himself no harm with his VFL form improvement and may be hung onto for another season for back up given Prestia's form and health.

Well done Dion, great game.

Also word to the wise.

Tiger Imposter has a bad track record of potting good players. Luke Ryan who played VFL for his club, he claimed he was not up to it rah rah when drafted.

Luke Ryan is already an elite intercepting half-back under 10 games in.

I have him blocked so won't see his response, but take his comments with a grain of pepper.

Chips on shoulder etc.

Go Tigs, go Dion

Well done Dion, great game.

Also word to the wise.

Tiger Imposter has a bad track record of potting good players. Luke Ryan who played VFL for his club, he claimed he was not up to it rah rah when drafted.

Luke Ryan is already an elite intercepting half-back under 10 games in.

I have him blocked so won't see his response, but take his comments with a grain of pepper.

Chips on shoulder etc.

Go Tigs, go Dion

Every player in the AFL is a Brownlow medallist when you isolate one gaqme.
Dion was good today, his challenge is to eliminate the poor games, of which there have been quite a few this season, and become consistent.
But what this board needs is a few more blokes who isolate one game to back their argument.

Dion was good today, his challenge is to eliminate the poor games, of which there have been quite a few this season, and become consistent.
But what this board needs is a few more blokes who isolate one game to back their argument.
Hang on Im confused (and a little drunk...Go Tiges) are you one of the of the few or not;)

Great game by Prestia today was in everything against reasonable opposition, I have faith that over the years his recruitment will pay off.

give the guy a break its his first season back from serious knee injuries, look at fyfe he is only starting to come good now. just remember we aint paying for his 2017 season ONLY we are paying for the next 5-8 years he plays for us, so far he has been passable, but i can understand the underwhelming games as he is just getting back to being used to a full year again

give the guy a break its his first season back from serious knee injuries, look at fyfe he is only starting to come good now. just remember we aint paying for his 2017 season ONLY we are paying for the next 5-8 years he plays for us, so far he has been passable, but i can understand the underwhelming games as he is just getting back to being used to a full year again

As I have said, Prestia has not had a full or anywhere near pre-season in four years, prove me wrong and have one.
It's his fans' most often-used defence, but it gets tired when you realise that the chances of that happening are remote.
So, while he played well today ... finally ..... you question why we are paying $800,000 for a beaten up bloke who does not do full-pre seasons and doersn't play anywhere near 22 games?
You summed it up, he's been 'passable'. He is not there to be 'passable' he is there, as probably the second highest paid bloke in the joint, to perform as such and he hasn't.
And no we are not just paying for 2017, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need to give us value.
As I said, well done on a great game, back it up!! Do it again!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back