Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Sampi was a number 5 draft pick, West Coast couldn't find anyone that wanted him at the end of last year. Kid coulda been a superstar. He had HUGE potential. Now he's running around in the country somewhere.. Would that debunk your argument about being able to market potential? Not here to stir shit but some of these trade possibilities are a bit far fetched. Also, your quote about there being a "fair" chance that Gumby can become a 12 year gun whilst Kerr could go AWOL is ridiculous. Look at the facts, Kerr is one of the best players in the league. Gumby is seriously talented but has thus far shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's going to be a 12 year gun. If i were a bombers supporter i'd focus on him being able to play 1 single game ratehr than 12 full years. Cheers.

Sampi was in the system for 5 years.

When Gumby has been on our list for 5 years we will know if he is going to be any good or not.

Ridiculous comparison.

From an outsiders point of view, you would be CRAZY to trade Gumby. He would me my no.1 target if I was a recruiter at the tigers.
The way your team is travelling, you are ideally placed to pick up Rich. He is exactly what you need with your midfield stocks high on electricity (Lovett, Jetta etc) but low on class inside and outside with feet/hands. This is what you'd get with Daniel Rich.
And you won't need to trade to get him.

I think if gumby is not signed before the end of the season then there maybe be a move.. You wouldn't wait that long to sign him up if you could

I think he will stay, however I do find it a bit wierd he has not signed a contract extension yet. If Jetta, Slattery and even Myers before he had even played a game all agreed on their contracts, you have no doubt that Scott would have been offered one as well. Hopefully he doesn't hold out on signing for too long.

would a player like warnock be of interest to essendon?

so far the talk over here has been about richmond and hawthorn being the front runners for his services

if he did want to go and gumbleton wanted to return to perth then i would hope we try and do a deal with you guys

would a player like warnock be of interest to essendon?

so far the talk over here has been about richmond and hawthorn being the front runners for his services

if he did want to go and gumbleton wanted to return to perth then i would hope we try and do a deal with you guys

We would definitely be interested in Warnock, unless Laycock improves his output immensely over the remainder of the season - and if Gumby did declare his intentions to return home Warnock could be an attractive aspect of a trade, but not as a straight swap.

Re: 3. Scott Gumbleton

In the latest edition of the "Bomber Magazine" Gumby is asked, in the section "Mad Minute," if he ran a factory what would it produce. His answer: "Hamstrings." It's good to see the young bloke can stay positive when he has had such bad luck with his hammys.

In a major boost to the club, Essendon key forward prospect, Scott Gumbleton, has signed a new two-year contract taking in the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Gumbleton, 19, was taken with pick 2 in the 2006 NAB national draft and played five games last year. He is considered a star in the making and has grown 3cm since arriving at the club.

“We believe Scott is a prodigious talent and will be an important part of our future,” Knights said.

“He is happy and developing in the Essendon environment and is forming great relationships with our players and staff.

“This signing sends a very positive message to our supporters because Scott has shown faith in the club and the young players around him that they will come through together as a group.

“Scott came from WA and the first year away from home is always difficult and, like many players, he went through that transition phase but it is clear he has adjusted to the AFL environment in his second year. Apart form the obvious injury setbacks he has faced, he has become a really positive personality around the club.”

Knights said, once fit, Gumbleton would slot very nicely into the Bombers forward set-up.

“When you look at the importance of quality forwards in the competition and you see that he is almost 199cm tall, very agile and with good endurance, he could present problems for opposition teams when he gets himself right,” he said..

“Scott has done the rehabilitation work with his hamstring injuries and our staff have been focusing on building him up to be stronger in the lower back and through the core to be able to cope with the rigors of AFL footy.

“In regards to his current knee injury he sustained at training, he is now doing straight line running with no problems and is progressing well to come back in a 2-3 weeks.

“We understand that there was significant interest in Scott from other clubs so we are proud that he has committed to being part our future.”

Earlier this month, Essendon signed new two-year contracts with Leroy Jetta and Henry Slattery and offered a one-year contract extension to 2007 recruit David Myers.

Those three players are now also contracted until the end of the 2010 season.

“These three young men are emerging players and we expect them to play key roles for a long at time be part of an exciting new era for Essendon.”

Knights said the four most recent contracts are an especially good sign for the club as they are for interstate players from WA (Myers, Jetta, Gumbleton) and SA (Slattery).

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=5780

Take that West Coast :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Peel Thunder colt is happy with his life at Windy Hill. Let's hope he comes good.

Glad i took those photos of him at his last game in the WAFL. Might be worth something yet...

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Back