3 way deal (Eagles, Swans, Lions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles pick 39 is not in the deal. Now we just gotta see if we get pick 22 or 28

Just heard on SEN the deal is done and lodged - media just waiting for the paperwork to be shown on the board so they know the picks swapped

Barich on 6PR. Eagles Get Dalziel and Pick 22. Brisbane Get Buchanan, Staker and Pick 39(Eagles). Sydney Get Seaby and Pick 28.

Done.....if you believe Barich!

Just need to know the picks now.

That'll just about end our involvement in trade week by lunchtime on day 1, meaning I might actually get some work done this week :)

Although Spangher sounds like he is re-signing

there are still rumours about Hansen to Port and Nicoski to anywhere

Barich on 6PR. Eagles Get Dalziel and Pick 22. Brisbane Get Buchanan, Staker and Pick 39(Eagles). Sydney Get Seaby and Pick 28.

He was the first to break the story (i believe) on Channel 7 last night - so that's a fair coup

I cant see that being true

Brisbane trade Dalziell and pick 28 for Buchannan Staker and Pick 39 AND the two other clubs chip in for there players wages. In there wet dreams perhaps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane were going to lose Dalziel so to get anyone is better than nothing, I guess getting an average tall back and an average midfielder that could sneak a goal is alright. Brisbane win

Sydney lose an average midfielder and pickup a not quite as good but servicable replacement for Jolly (if he goes), Sydney Win.

WCE lose two talls for a ball magnet who isnt the best disposal in the league. WCE lose.

I love Dalziel and its a shame to see him leave as I think he could have done well with the Lions but for WCE to pick him up and lose two talls is a big loss.

Re: Seaby officially a Swan, Buchanan a Lion

Cannot really work out the Buchanan deal being such a priority for day 1. If the deal eventuates as reported, it would seem that the Lions have paid tooi much as Buchanan hasn't been very good for a fair while

Buchanan was playing in the reserves for a large part of this year, wasn't he?

Perhaps Seaby will replace Roe?

Brisbane were going to lose Dalziel so to get anyone is better than nothing, I guess getting an average tall back and an average midfielder that could sneak a goal is alright. Brisbane win

Sydney lose an average midfielder and pickup a not quite as good but servicable replacement for Jolly (if he goes), Sydney Win.

WCE lose two talls for a ball magnet who isnt the best disposal in the league. WCE lose.

I love Dalziel and its a shame to see him leave as I think he could have done well with the Lions but for WCE to pick him up and lose two talls is a big loss.

Two big talls, WTF are you on about. Both were depth players at best and have been overtaken by younger and better players by years end. We do get pick 22 aswell out of the deal which is a nice pick in this years draft for us. Allows us to get Coyler I hope

The draft pick makes it work for West Coast

Disagree.
WCE lose two WAFL players, gain a potential 22 player, and a good draft pick.
Brissy gets an experienced player in buchanon and another 100+ game player in Staker, which is setting them up for a flag tilt this year
Sydney gets a very good ruckman with a lot of experience and still pretty young

Note that Seaby is only WAFL because of Cox and Natanui. He would be No1 ruck in quite a few teams

Buchannan can also play as a small foward as well

We get a tall defender and a small foward/midfielder - just what we need, another defender and i will be happy

And besides plenty of players swap clubs and play better in their new one

Where getting draft pick # 22/28 as well. Geez

Cannot really work out the Buchanan deal being such a priority for day 1. If the deal eventuates as reported, it would seem that the Lions have paid tooi much as Buchanan hasn't been very good for a fair while

Buchanan was playing in the reserves for a large part of this year, wasn't he?

Perhaps Seaby will replace Roe?[/quote]Seaby is going to the Swans mate! Where getting Staker. Also a guy said there has been an article on Staker to Sydney for a fair while now or somehting along those lines. I don't recall and of those and I think you are meaning Seaby?

We are getting staker - thats a tall defender

As for Buchanan we need some smaller forwards for Brown and Braddy so hes going to get loads of game time - somthing sydney wouldnt give him

Staker will fear the bulldogs next year and will hope he will pull a hammy before he meets us.

Remove this Banner Ad

3 way deal (Eagles, Swans, Lions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back