Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked the little segment on the Footy Show.

Pratty said the plan was to kick it to Josh but he was admiring himself on the big screen. So he panicked, then tried to play for a push in the back.

Josh said Pratty had 5 options. Can't remember the exact order but they were something like this:

A. Kick it as far as you can, even if it goes out of bounds on the full.
B. Step out of the square without playing on. It's just a ball up.
C. Play on, handball to Lloyd and then wrap him up in a tackle.
D. Kick a barrel into Lloyd and follow up wherever the ball ricocheted.
E. Brain explosion (Option taken by Pratty).

Pratty said the plan was to kick it to Josh but he was admiring himself on the big screen. So he panicked, then tried to play for a push in the back.

Josh said Pratty had 5 options. Can't remember the exact order but they were something like this:

i quite enjoyed that segment! Josh Gibson has quite a personality, from his little interview in the pre-season training camp, to this segement to his My Club video, he can be quite funny.

Everywhere in the media this week there have been reports saying how Pratt was the first player to be pinged for deliberately rushing a behind.
If I am not sadly mistaken, Shannon Hurn was done for it against Brisbane in Round 1?

Quite right technically but that decision was declared incorrect by the Geisch so I guess Pratty is the first "legitimate" offender.

Quite right technically but that decision was declared incorrect by the Geisch so I guess Pratty is the first "legitimate" offender.

FWIW, I reckon the rule is being very well interpreted.

[I hate given credit to Gietsch and his umpires but they really deserve it on this occasion.]

There are no incorrect decisions. :)

As far as the footy show skit goes. I cannot believe that a player wouldn't go with option d. Kick that f'n ball as hard as you can at Loyd's face or delicates.

There are no incorrect decisions. :)

As far as the footy show skit goes. I cannot believe that a player wouldn't go with option d. Kick that f'n ball as hard as you can at Loyd's face or delicates.

Yes, that option appealed to me too. Although, with Lloyd's luck it probably would have bounced off his nose onto his shin and through for a goal:mad:.

[Still can't shake the memory of Lloyd's tinarse mid-air kick that won him goal of the year against us - McCartney and Arch era.]

That segment was a pisser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that option appealed to me too. Although, with Lloyd's luck it probably would have bounced off his nose onto his shin and through for a goal:mad:.

[Still can't shake the memory of Lloyd's tinarse mid-air kick that won him goal of the year against us - McCartney and Arch era.]

Well you can now shake it because it didn't win Goal of the Year.

[YOUTUBE]SVEgFaJjFHo[/YOUTUBE]

He must be playing injured...looks like he is running on the spot and appears to be playing on no-one. Some of his efforts in the 3rd Qtr where...:thumbsdown:

He must be playing injured...looks like he is running on the spot and appears to be playing on no-one. Some of his efforts in the 3rd Qtr where...:thumbsdown:

Mentioned that in another thread.

He's been cut to shreds in the last couple of rounds.

He definately looks like he is playing injured. I watched the game on the tele & it looks as though he is protecting his left side (I think it was the left). He hunches over there. Also when he jumps he goes up one arm & seems to be protecting that side.

Maybe Laidley was referring to pratt when talking about playing injured. Some can, some cant.

Pratt was woeful in the first half of the season last year... then he turned it around... hope he does the same this year... except turns it around earlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Back