Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a lie!

He had 4 St kilda players in front of him.

Watch the replay. Had a play in the middle of the ground he could have used with his first option. Commentators mentioned it as well.

Strolled across half back late in the game, got run down from behind and didn't even attempt to get rid of the ball.
Classic holding the ball.

Not exactly an isolated situation with Pratt. He and Firrito suffer the same brain snaps when they get tackled, which is to assume if they don't try to get rid of the ball, the umpire will give them benefit of the doubt and call for a bounce.

I was hoping we got the 2007 version of Pratty back today but it turns out we have the 2009 post Boris the Chicken version - ie rabbit in the headlights, struggling to find a target from kick-ins, etc. I think we should look towards relieving him of the kicking in duties.

Will be good for the run and hope he proves me right. But gee chikengate destroyed him and his form this year has been disgraceful. If we were flying he wouldn be in our best 22. Shame we have injuries and that we suck. That going if we were in good form hed be one of the catalyst

Pratty was terrible yesterday. I'm thinking he might have come back too soon - he looked like he was out of legs at the end of the game. We need him to find some fitness and form.

He might have kicked it to Thompson but he was running away instead of toward Pratty, IIRC.

Anyway, it was rubbish. His second complete brain fade for the year.:eek:

And our kick-in "strategies" could do with an overhaul as well.:eek:

He might have kicked it to Thompson but he was running away instead of toward Pratty, IIRC.

Anyway, it was rubbish. His second complete brain fade for the year.:eek:

And our kick-in "strategies" could do with an overhaul as well.:eek:

Yeah good call - and I reckon Gibbo could do another video on all the options available to Pratty right up to the point he was tackled to the ground. Like for instance, make some sort of attempt to dispose of the ball legally.

Pratty's form has been horrible since day one of the preseason. Needs an extended run in the twos to get some form back. With a fit and firing full list he'd probably not make my best 22. I agree with Carnthe in that hes a similar but not as good a version of Firrito and Gibson.

Haha this is classic.
Not in best 22. Not as good as Gibson or Firrito. Surely taking the piss?

Do u have a short memory? Narrowly missed out on the AA team for the last 2 years.

Haha this is classic.
Not in best 22. Not as good as Gibson or Firrito. Surely taking the piss?

Do u have a short memory? Narrowly missed out on the AA team in the last 2 years.

Yeah, I've been a bit confused as well.

Sure, he's not having a great year, but look at McIntosh. Narrowly missed out on the AA team in 2007, had an injury riddled 2008 which affected his form when he actually did play, and back to AA form in 2009.

Pratt has plenty of credits in the back, his form this year has been a temporary slump, he'll be back whether that's at some stage this year or 2010.

Pratt, when fully fit, and when everyone else is fully fit, is easily in our best 22.

Was just watching some of the rootube vids like I always do and Pratt said somethin that sums up the terrible way we go about our business :thumbsdown:

The interviewer asked Pratty if he thinks we would have won without the injuries and he replied "When you get 7 goals up these days in the AFL you can really slow the tempo down if you have 4 fresh guys on the bench"

Why can't we keep playing how we were and get up by another 7 goals??? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I don't know how many times over the last 2 years we have belted teams in the 1st quarter only to completely change the way we are playing and hang on for a tight win or get smashed. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How mant times do you see sides with a 3 to 4 goal lead near the end of a quarter , slow it down and stuff their lead. There is a reason sides stretch out a lead and it's not slowing the game down.

Too many coaches making things more difficult than they actually are.

Was just watching some of the rootube vids like I always do and Pratt said somethin that sums up the terrible way we go about our business :thumbsdown:

The interviewer asked Pratty if he thinks we would have won without the injuries and he replied "When you get 7 goals up these days in the AFL you can really slow the tempo down if you have 4 fresh guys on the bench"

Why can't we keep playing how we were and get up by another 7 goals??? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I don't know how many times over the last 2 years we have belted teams in the 1st quarter only to completely change the way we are playing and hang on for a tight win or get smashed. :thumbsdown:
You are right poopshot. Clearly this rules out Pratt as a candidate for the next coaching vacancy.

Yeah that's because Dean Laidleys fears we might run out of gas if we keep on playing attacking football even though we have had 3 monster preseasons on end.:thumbsdown:

Yea I know what u mean Zondor that special Gridiron training is paying off :thumbsu:

This isn't too far off.

Dean spent some time with the NSW Waratahs last year, hence a lot of stoppages in the defensive 50 at late stages in a quarter this year.

How mant times do you see sides with a 3 to 4 goal lead near the end of a quarter , slow it down and stuff their lead. There is a reason sides stretch out a lead and it's not slowing the game down.

Too many coaches making things more difficult than they actually are.

You mean this trait is not limited to Dean Laidley? :eek:

This isn't too far off.

Dean spent some time with the NSW Waratahs last year, hence a lot of stoppages in the defensive 50 at late stages in a quarter this year.
But those games only go 80 mins :thumbsdown: No wonder we can't play 4 quarters...

But those games only go 80 mins :thumbsdown: No wonder we can't play 4 quarters...
Explains why i saw Firrito trying to pack a scrum the other day and why Thompson regularly kicks out on the full from inside his 22.

Not to mention Gav's goose step the other week.

Explains why i saw Firrito trying to pack a scrum the other day and why Thompson regularly kicks out on the full from inside his 22.

Not to mention Gav's goose step the other week.
If only our forwards would make a few more conversions :thumbsdown:

I couldn't be bothered doing a 'try' pun. I just wish we would a bit more often...

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Back