AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy - Rd 22 Rising Star nom nom nom! ⭐ - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Does a lot of really smart stuff for a young guy . Can run under the football a bit and makes a few brash choices at times but he is exciting.
Just has to remember to aim a bit more right with his set shots. Tends to miss left .

Sounds a bit like what we said about Draper in his first few games….

Nah, not at all. Caddy has a heap of ability and good hands. Draper was just a big clueless lump who looked like he had great size and athleticism and not much else.

Caddy looks like a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has made our fwd line much more dynamic and when on for the 10-15 minutes spurts, causes panic in the opposition.

Has been great but like us all just got a bit too excited with what he was bringing, so missed that goal and ran under it a few times. In 2 games now he has been the one that has swung momentum back our way.

Coll and last night. The hangers and the confidence scream future star. Great signs for a 1st year key forward.

Will be bumps along the way due to age but exceeding expectations.

So pro is he attacks everything in the air at a million miles an hour, with vigour and busts packs.

Con is he attacks things he shouldn’t at a million miles an hour and is all things told, not good for spacing at the moment.
It must be challenging for a 19 year old to not get caught up in the fervour of 50 000 fans cheering and not get a rush of blood.

My fear is that he will attack a contest he has no business in attacking and will injure himself in the process. Needs to develop a bit of composure.

As an aside, I think this has been Harry's improvement this year.

4 or so games in he is great to watch. Crashing packs already. Great leap. Gets down and dirty on the ground when he needs to. Nice to watch a Key Forward with some aggression compared to Wright who seems timid at times.
Agree. So much to like. Wright will be on the list for a couple of years yet, so hopefully he felt a bit embarrassed by the kid last night. Maybe that might spur him along.

It must be challenging for a 19 year old to not get caught up in the fervour of 50 000 fans cheering and not get a rush of blood.

My fear is that he will attack a contest he has no business in attacking and will injure himself in the process. Needs to develop a bit of composure.

As an aside, I think this has been Harry's improvement this year.
i think he’s relishing the opportunity to play infront of crowds like this, iirc he was touted as having “some” attitude, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy - Rd 22 Rising Star nom nom nom! ⭐ - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back