Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do trade him I'd hope we get something good in return, not just a pick upgrade.

I don't necessarily disagree with ya Nick. I doubt the GC would consider him first round value BUT, given their plethora of first rounds picks anyway, we may well be lucky enough to snare one for Hale. IF that occurs I'd be even happier. The higher the better, leaving us two first round picks. That'd be ideal.................for us.

I also wouldn't be against us drafting Orren Stephenson as cover, even if he mostly continues playing with the Roosters. He's 200cm's and 104kg's, and would be a capable backup in the event of injuries striking down our ruck stocks next year.

Top 30 pick or keep him thats what I would be looking for.

Stupid to give away a very solid backup ruck for almost nothing when any number of things could happen in the near future.

Just look at Hawthorns disastrous start to the season.

My money's on "sloppy journalism". Mike would have been too busy counting his money from the Ben Cousins love-in to do any research into David Hale's contractual status.

As for SandyToes theories....mate, they make no sense.

If the Suns want Hale, then he has value. He is marketable. You don't and won't get marketable, contracted players for nothing.

And my money is on Mr. Reliables analysis. Pretty much spot on.

As for Sandy Toes, I suggest he goes down to the surf and washes his toes.

Getting rid of the sand might help him think a little clearer. Trying to push the Hale is worth nothing argument here is like trying to tell us that the Suns have been dealt a terrible hand in the National Draft.

We wouldnt take anything but top 30 draft pick.

Just curious SandyToes as to whether you think GC may part with any of the kids they have already signed (not in regards to a hale trade, but any). im obviously not talking about the prime ones in swallow, toy etc. but instead some of the others??

cheers

We wouldnt take anything but top 30 draft pick.

Just curious SandyToes as to whether you think GC may part with any of the kids they have already signed (not in regards to a hale trade, but any). im obviously not talking about the prime ones in swallow, toy etc. but instead some of the others??

cheers

It's unlikely Bozz
To be honest Bluey McKenna has circled the wagons on the core youngsters and it seems they'd give up a kidney for him.

I'd reckon on what I saw this year (5-6 matches) past the first 10-15, the others would probably struggle at AFL level anyway.
If you go through the list its remarkable how many are actually local lads too.
Zach Smith was playing soccer in Rockhampton a couple of years ago!
While I'll always love the NMFC it's really exciting to watch all this unfold.
(My 4yo wants Daniel Harris to come to his birthday next year!:p)

And my money is on Mr. Reliables analysis. Pretty much spot on.

As for Sandy Toes, I suggest he goes down to the surf and washes his toes.

Getting rid of the sand might help him think a little clearer. Trying to push the Hale is worth nothing argument here is like trying to tell us that the Suns have been dealt a terrible hand in the National Draft.

why do you think I ever said he's worth nothing?
I've already said 3 or 4 times he's worth the price of his current contract to The Suns..but I'd be fairly sure there'd only be a minority of the North inner sanctum who'd think the same thing...and I'd be surprised if many other clubs would be putting up their hands to pay him what he's getting at the moment

why do you think I ever said he's worth nothing?
I've already said 3 or 4 times he's worth the price of his current contract to The Suns..but I'd be fairly sure there'd only be a minority of the North inner sanctum who'd think the same thing...and I'd be surprised if many other clubs would be putting up their hands to pay him what he's getting at the moment

So you're saying you think he's valuable, I think he's valuable, RoyalBlue and Horace think he's valuable, Event Horizon and others think he's valuable, the Suns think he's valuable but the inner sanctum at North and most of the other clubs don't? :confused:

If I've understood you, can you please explain how you come to this conclusion?

Why would we terminate the contract?

Who wouldn't want a relatively young and heavily experienced ruckman who can go forward and kick a goal.

If he is tradeable I can't see us terminating anything, we obviously signed him up for a reason.

But thats not the point. He isn't uncontracted now isn't he?
lol where have u been all this year! have u not seen his performances?

Urmoe emphasised the fact he's a ruckman who can float forward. How many of this year's "performances" were whilst playing as a ruckman? Forget his FF form. That's one experiment which didn't work.

On the field he may be David Hales, but on the trade table he is Polly Farmer.

Ruckmen are a rare breed. Didnt Collingwood part with pick 14 for Cameron Wood?

I listened to a replay of a conversation between KB and Ricky Nixon in the early hours of this morning on SEN. It was initially about Brad Johnson (Nixon is his manager) and then they talked about the players being signed by the GC. KB mentioned that there were rumors about Hale and that he was managed by Ricky. Nixon was vague but said it was an interesting situation with Hale playing most of the year in the VFL.

No confirming or denying anything and no mention that Haley was contracted from Rick 'the snake' Nixon. Hmmmm.......

I listened to a replay of a conversation between KB and Ricky Nixon in the early hours of this morning on SEN. It was initially about Brad Johnson (Nixon is his manager) and then they talked about the players being signed by the GC. KB mentioned that there were rumors about Hale and that he was managed by Ricky. Nixon was vague but said it was an interesting situation with Hale playing most of the year in the VFL.

No confirming or denying anything and no mention that Haley was contracted from Rick 'the snake' Nixon. Hmmmm.......
I said early this year when Hale could not break back into the senior side that maybe a deals been done between GS and North ,and that the only reason hale is not in the side is due to that deal . We will know soon enough

Could also have been why Brad Scott constantly said he was in our best 18 on talent alone, making sure that interested clubs knew he still had value to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Hale pegged as a star and he is probably my biggest disappointment although I'm not sure he did well under Laidley. I still reckon he could be an excellent player and will watch him with much interest wherever he plays next year. I suspect the GC trade is looking good for a Queenslander and good luck to him if it falls that way. Just hope we can get a good deal.

I think we should offload him with a sweetener for David Swallow.

They cant trade with players they dont own.

If Hale is going to the goldcoast, I hope they like glimpses of greatness cause thats all he's given us. Couple of good games followed by 3 times as many terrible ones.

I think regardless of whether a deals been done the writing is probably on the wall for Hale.

They cant trade with players they dont own.

To get David Swallow, we'd need them to basically trade their number 1 draft pick to us, that we would use to draft Swallow.

The chances of that happening are about the same as Bob Brown becoming our next Prime Minister.

We have got no hope of getting David Swallow, the guy is going to be an elite player. He finished high up in the liston trophy and his a lock for a top 3 pick anyway

Gold Coast have the following pics

Rd 1

Rd 2

Rd 3

Pick 26 is looking about right... if they are feeling generous. If they offer it, grab it before they change their minds.

Possibly, but keep in mind the hardest spot for GC to fill will be ruckmen. They need someone established and decent as a standalone ruck.

I'm not kidding here but if they want him I can see this being done for 15.

Possibly, but keep in mind the hardest spot for GC to fill will be ruckmen. They need someone established and decent as a standalone ruck.

I'm not kidding here but if they want him I can see this being done for 15.

Depends. They may not even want Hales, with Campbell back on the radar they may make a play for him instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back