Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're not including the father-sons in the BFNAAK list you can't include them in the didn't BFNAAK list lmao. There's 4 BFNAAKs, 4 father-sons (McDonald, Scott, Archer, Harvey) and 37 other players on the list. That's 9% of the list if you don't include the father-sons, and 17% of them if you do. They're not under-represented when you consider the size of our supporter base.
True, I should have said out of 41. Still not many though.

We need to have some ritual to rid us of this Carey curse. Ever since that fateful time we have forever had issues , Josh’s long term injury can just be added to the long list. Hoping for a speedy recovery. What’s the best case for these injuries. If everything goes well could he do a full pre season ?

Last edited:
We need to have some ritual to rid us of this Carey curse. Ever since that fateful time we forever have issues , Josh’s long term injury can just be added to the long list. Hoping for a speedy recovery. What’s the best case for these injuries. If everything goes well could he do a full pre season ?

Should be back in full training start of Jan. .

Really feel for the young bloke. Was progressing really well and this is a horrible outcome.

Its a brutal game, with already quite a few season ending injuries across the competition. Awful to see anyone go down with an ACL and of course in Josh's case a ruptured Achilles.

I got flashbacks to Kyron Hayden

I hope Goat manages to get onto the guru who rehabbed Melbourne United basketballers Jack White and Ariel Hukporti’s full Achilles ruptures. After a year off the court both returned with more explosive athleticism than they already possessed in abundance prior to the ruptures.

Get well Goat! 💙

I hope Goat manages to get onto the guru who rehabbed Melbourne United basketballers Jack White and Ariel Hukporti’s full Achilles ruptures. After a year off the court both returned with more explosive athleticism than they already possessed in abundance prior to the ruptures.

Get well Goat! 💙
Exactly what I was gonna say. You wouldn't notice any difference in White and Hukporti. Goat can come back strongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young stars who rupture their achilles should be exempt from all PED rules during their rehab.

Pump them with whatever fancy drugs and substances they need to recover.

It's such a bloody cruel and unfair injury.

Young stars who rupture their achilles should be exempt from all PED rules during their rehab.

Pump them with whatever fancy drugs and substances they need to recover.

It's such a bloody cruel and unfair injury.
Stem cells too. Don't even think they're illegal anyway, my mind boggles at why they're not used more often. Aaron Rodgers came back after an Achilles rapture in 11 weeks due to stem cells.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jarryd Roughead came back okay
I come in peace . Was popping in to wish the kid well , was terrible to watch .

In regards to Rough . He did . But he lost a bit of his leap and also his speed off the mark ( was deceptively quick early days ). And he was on train tracks after it
It took around 18-24 months for him to really get back close to full form.

Josh has time , good luck 👍

It’s statistically quite high. Even if there were only 12 teams it would be high, and that is not even taking into account supporter bases.
It might be statistically high (for NMFC) but numerically it's still not many. And that was initial thought.

Aaron Rodgers came back after an Achilles rapture in 11 weeks due to stem cells.
Nah Rodgers didn't actually come back yet. Everyone across the NFL thinks he was full of shit and was lying about being recovered lol.

Rodgers is a very weird unit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back