Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

to be expected and I can’t tell if it’s just the angle, but poor guy, that atrophy is going to take some serious work
Going through similar stuff myself now after a big leg injury. It’s one of the biggest mental hurdles to see it happen.

I reckon he’ll be alright though, his only job in life right now is to get his leg back to full strength. Best care and nutrition available it shouldn’t be a problem if he takes his career seriously which from everything we’ve seen of him he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum Coleman-Jones and Josh Goater are making steady progress as they continue their from their season-ending Achilles injuries.

"Both Josh and Callum are ... gaining strength and bulk through their calf muscle on the affected side of their Achilles injury. This will provide a strong platform to build upon in laying good foundations for their [next] phase of rehab," White said.

With all our newly found speed, its going to be a big watch Goat coming back from injury.
He could be anything still.

He's a huge cog for our tilt at finals in 2025 and beyond.

In even his limited AFL time pre-injury it was obvious that this kid oozes talent and footy IQ.

I will be genuinely shocked if he doesn't end up being a 200+ game player for us assuming he can stay healthy.

He's a huge cog for our tilt at finals in 2025 and beyond.

In even his limited AFL time pre-injury it was obvious that this kid oozes talent and footy IQ.

I will be genuinely shocked if he doesn't end up being a 200+ game player for us assuming he can stay healthy.
Just throwing around magnets,
McKercher moves to a wing.
Goater talks his place at HB with Fisher the other side, add in Archer and you've got your backline kind of sorted.
Interesting times ahead. Especially if Hardeman kicks on, my guess he isn't to far away.

One things for sure, if everything comes together, we're going to be one of the faster and more fun teams to watch next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back