AFL Player #31: Zach Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's looking like Gumby mark II at this stage... 4 years at the club for a total output of 9 senior games, or an average of 2ish games a season...Trade or delist
If he had a bulging disc in his back causing recurring hamstring and lower back injuries I might agree with you. His injuries aren’t due to degenerative or persistent anatomical ailment. He’s unlucky. Imagine Carlton picking him up and he gets a ten year career. That should be enough for you to come back to your senses.

His ceiling is too high to delist him. He has the attributes to be a superstar. I think we have to persist.
Ceiling high and trade value would be relatively low. As you say, have to persist.

Now can we get sustained footy out of 206cm KPD with an atypical AFL physique and, what is now, a fair history of back and leg injuries? It’s hard to be confident.

Given he has next year anyway it is way too early to be calling it now. However I would not be rushing to sign him up until at least mid season next year and even then my view is it would only be a 2 year deal if he is getting through some games. There is no doubt he can play. There is plenty of doubt in my mind his body will not stand up and I still say part of that is from pushing him too early.

Given he has next year anyway it is way too early to be calling it now. However I would not be rushing to sign him up until at least mid season next year and even then my view is it would only be a 2 year deal if he is getting through some games. There is no doubt he can play. There is plenty of doubt in my mind his body will not stand up and I still say part of that is from pushing him too early.

Do we have a list category for perennially injured players on AFL lists?
One that's different from the long term injured category.
With smaller squad lists, players have to be cut.
Would be nice if players who qualify - due to a high injury history over a period of time - can stay on AFL lists in some way.

Last edited:
It's interesting that some will say the reason to delist Tex is because he can't get his body right, but then Zach is too talented to delist despite his equally poor injury run.

I'm assuming it's because Zach and Hunter are KPP's.

FWIW, I give Tex and Zach one more year.

Both have a lot talent to (hopefully) harness for us I think.

It's interesting that some will say the reason to delist Tex is because he can't get his body right, but then Zach is too talented to delist despite his equally poor injury run.

I'm assuming it's because Zach and Hunter are KPP's.

FWIW, I give Tex and Zach one more year.

Both have a lot talent to (hopefully) harness for us I think.

Please. Tex hasn’t got a shred of the talent Zach possesses. The Key Position factor just adds to his value. I’d like to persist with both but if our hand is forced Tex goes well before Zach who gets at least 2 or 3 more to get himself right.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #31: Zach Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back